Sign in to follow this  
purepassion

Take on Helicopters: Addon Request Thread

So, I'm not a modder, but I have had a little experience with OFP and ARMA editing to understand the basics of scripting etc. Unfortunately my skill is mediocre at best. But my idea, I think, is a pretty good one...

I was thinking about how clever the subtlety of the mission system is in Take On Helicopters, but

how it can leave the player feeling a little empty of 'purpose' after the story has ended.

It spawned an idea that might improve on the 'post end-game'. I got to thinking about why I should be saving for choppers after I bought the initial ones and upgraded them. For a solo pilot, there's a point of stagnancy on my motivation (other than flight entertainment, which is a given.) for why I should repeat another 'emergency' or similar style mission, when I already had all the chopers I needed. Which really only leaves free-flight.

But imagine if there was an ability to buy a slightly larger airfield (or 2) that could house more choppers and allow for more advanced business options. Including the ability to hire AI pilots and assign them to one of the available mission types. Now there's a real reason to work hard for my money, while still enjoying the flying, but also working on a much bigger picture. I can work hard to get a fleet of choppers that I can assign pilots to, then get them to earn for me - in real time, alongside my own missions. I think this would also give the world a more lived-in feel as other birds are flying around you. Plus the larger income would be needed to upgrade airfields etc too. Then you'd have to pay the hired pilots (skill dependent would be cool), and also maintain all the aircraft that they (and the player) are using.

I understand that the ARMA engine isn't so great for multiple AI scripts on the fly, but even restricting the player to a maximum of 10 or so hirable pilots, would still add something to the gameplay. Plus, a couple more really nice and expensive choppers for that continued drive to upgrade the fleet etc. I know that modding new helicopters isn't tricky for the community, having seen how amazingly the community modded new stuff for ARMA(2).

Question is, is there a modder (or group of) out there that could run with this idea and make something workable? I'm happy for anyone to take this concept and use it to their own tastes. Coz I'd love to be able to play a mod like this and I just wouldn't know where to start. :P

Anyways, I hope it's also an idea others would find enjoyable too. Kinda like SimCopter meets Transport Tycoon.

Maybe others could vote on whether or not it's worth doing, from a gameplay aspect.

Peace!

it might be fun to fly as a 'plane guard' attached to a carrier group...maybe a whole series of missions including ditched pilot rescue, mine sweeping and ASW hops in all weather and time of day scenarios - HH60-H and/or Sea King helo's would be welcome -

All requiring a host of Naval ships and at least one carrier...so - yeah 2 weeks?

Don't think this has been requested before:

UH-60J JASDF SAR

UH-60J JMSDF SAR

(Technically could be easily done, except converting the flight model to TKOH from ArmA2 Flight Model)

basically a reskin of: this, along with "updating" the flight model/handling.

Eurocopter/Kawasaki/MBB BK 117 for me please im dieing for a great model of it

and a great rescue helicopter as well

but the whole range of Eurocopters would be fantastic !!

as many helicopters as we can get would be awesome

as well as multiplayer maps to suit

the military tigers,ec635,ec645,ec135,ec145

http://www.eurocopter.com/site/en/ref/home.html

The Bell 429

The Bell 429 delivers 155kt speed with a state-of-the-art cockpit featuring single pilot IFR and WAAS precision approach capabilities. Its cabin is exceptionally spacious with seating for up to eight passengers and can be reconfigured for any number of different missions.

The 429 also features extra-large 61in side doors opening to a 130f³ cabin compartment, or 204f³ when including the aft cabin area. In addition to offering outstanding product features, the 429 is backed by Bell's renowned in-service support, voted #1 by our customers for seventeen years running. If your mission requires a helicopter with exceptional speed, capacity and flexibility, the Bell 429 is the helicopter you can count on to get the job done..

2011712.jpg

1998289.jpg

1998155.jpg

1735681.jpg

One similar unlicensed, thank you very much.

Edited by Airwoliu

AW149 / AW189

The AW149 is a new military transport helicopter of 8 tons. It was proposed by Agusta Westland in 2009 to equip the Turkish army. The AW189 is the civilian version specifically designed for the transport offshore

AW149-29t.jpg

The AW149 is a helicopter 8 tons, carrying up to 18 soldiers with their equipment. Equipped with fins payload, the device can be armed with rockets, missiles, air-ground tanks or additional

April 27, 2009: Agusta Westland has a scale model of the new AW149 helicopter at IDEF 2009 exhibition in Istanbul. As the TUHP149, the AW149 is AgustaWestland's answer to the need for military transport helicopter made ​​by Turkey. Agusta Westland is competing with Sikorsky offering the T70, a variant of the UH60 Blackhawk.

AW149-11t.jpg

First flight: first flight of the first prototype of the AW149 November 13, 2009, first flight of second prototype February 26, 2011. The two prototypes totaling 170 flights for a total of 250 hours to 20 June 2011, a third prototype is being assembled.

AW149-23t.jpg

First prototype of the AW149 built by AgustaWestland. Note the rear stabilizer different from the previous illustrations, and the fourth window at the back that is slightly smaller (which is not the case on the second prototype)

AW149-24t.jpg

Second prototype of the AW149 built by AgustaWestland, the colors of the Turkish army

April 22, 2011: Turkey selects Sikorsky S70 to 109 devices.

June 20, 2011: Agusta Westland AW189 presents, civilian version of the AW189 Paris Air Show.

AW189-01t.jpg

The AW189 is the civilian version of the AW149, specially designed to transport offshore

Signs of recognition: retractable landing gear, skates, double flap (curved upwards) at the rear, twin-engine, 5-blade main rotor, tail rotor with 4 blades, fins payload, cabin with four large windows

Dimensions:

Rotor: 14.60 m

Length rotors turning: 17.57 m

Fuselage length: 14.60 m

Height: 5.14 m

AW149-09t.jpg

Weight:

Max: 8600 kg

Speed: 278 km / h

Crew: 1 or 2 pilots

Cargo transportation:

Cabin: The 3 mx 1.45 m s 2.26 mxh

Men from 12 to 18

AW149-07t.jpg

Different arrangements of an AW149 cabin

AW189-11t.jpg

Development of an offshore transport AW189

AW189-09u.jpg

In the event of a crash at sea, four large windows of the cab allow for emergency exit of passengers, with a maximum of two passengers per window

AW189-04t.jpg

AW189 SAR development of a

Transport sling:

2720 ​​kg

Armament:

7.62 mm machine guns doors

Pod 70/81 mm rockets, cannon 12.7 / 20 mm

A large sliding door provides easy access to the cabin of the AW149, a machine gun door can be installed at each of the windows at the front of the device and therefore does not prevent the raising or lowering of the soldiers

I would say a great project to be realized on ''Take on Helicopters'' with or without a license would not really matter, but these prototypes have not ever seen in a helicopter simulator would be a revolution to create a work like this someone 'willing? I'm Italian scuse me for wrong language.

The post:

SO, um I started a thread with the following post in the mods/modelling forum which I am informed now that I should have posted it here, I apologize to the Mods and you can delete that thread or whatever magical thing you guys do ~ :)

Hello !

Is anyone working on a mod to correct the inaccurate representation of the helicopters in the game (that B.I obviously had to do to avoid having to deal with official licensing issues with the IRL manufacturers, IMO I am OK with this tactic)

But the awesome community can now fix these inaccuracies and since I can't do it, and have not seen a thread yet concerning the issue I thought I would start one to get the ball rolling... ^_^

H500D:

rbScJ.jpg

Bell 412:

pcLxX.jpg

6w06K.jpg

EH 101:

Z9zdf.jpg

i18Rx.jpg

By the way, You are playing SAR4 in Win7 :eek: ??? mmm is your joystick working fine with the game?

Yup, don't know if it work as is, I'm using the Thrustmaster Target software for my - drum roll - warthog.

ooh yeah...i want a flying sauser (...)

A flying sausage

1202508488_d023ba00b1.jpg

Everybody knows sauser can't fly, or it's called a frisbee

just joking :D

On a more serious note, this might be a nice addon to port :

Strobe light script

DTxOZCw4kr0

ncl9M3pDdT4

It's using part of WarfX Blastcore, don't know if this might be a problem

Edited by Macadam Cow

Volevo sapere gentilmente se esistono gia' dei forum non ufficiali dove poter scaricare nuovi Elicotteri per ''Take On Helicopters''.

I wanted to know if there are already gently unofficial forums where you can download new helicopters for Take On Helicopters.

the a2 websites such as armaholics would generously host those, if there would be any.

I for one would think about creating some if Bis would actually do as they said prior to the game hitting the virtual stores and release some sort of samples and proper documentation for their new changes. i really don't have the time and patience anymore to find those by trial and error anymore...

Edited by PuFu
damn iphone...

HD HERO2 Motorsports Edition

Would it be possible than someone who have the skill modelise a HD HERO2 Motorsports Edition.

So we could place it on us chopper to mimic a script camera

It would be verry appreciated..

Thanks in advance

Antoine

I can pilot but not yet create my own bird or.. :o

I have to agree with the Vietnam addon, Vietnam was the helicopter war and this is just perfect for it. I know people say that this is a civilian sim, but sorry, I see it as a rotary sim, that way we can use it to sim all aspects of rotary work. Also just because the aircraft modelled is a military aircraft, that dosnt mean you will be blowing everything up, most military heli ops are ass and trash missions, but still fun in there own right. Apart from Vietnam, I would love to see,

Off shore transport, ( flying the puma from Scotland to off shore rigs etc )

Full air Ambo career,

Full police heli ops career,

Power line repair,

Search and rescue. ( would love to see the seaking here, the daddy of sar ops )

Ranch work.

Too be honest, as helicopters work in almost all lines of work, the list is endless, BI has a Hugh chance here to make a difference in the world of heli sims, the potential for DLC and addons is Hugh, but only if they can get the intrest out there. The thought of heli that has the amout of addons ala ms flight sim, is a dream come true.

I watch with baited breath, and hope this works and dosnt crash and burn.

Since I love to play Swat missions or similar, I request a Policecar replacement. Its Seatlle, so the copcars shouldnt be some strange looking skoda with a nonworking Blue/Blue lightbar.

THis is how a Seatlle copcar should look like.

scaled.php?server=52&filename=800pxseattlepolicecar98.jpg&res=medium

But hey, there are some cool Crown Vics available for ArmA/2 so, maybe some cool dude can make a Copcar replacement.

That would make me happy and I can enjoy my CopPilot missions more.

THank you in advance.

PS: Its allready possbile to use the ArmA Vics in TOH, but just as a placement no working lights and not driveable.

Hi community,

I am loving my time in Seattle with the Larkins, but i feel it would be nice if i could expand my heliport from 3 helicopters to could hold 6-8 helicopters instead. Or the possibility to buy another heliport at a different location...

Does any of you know if its possible to mod a solution, and if someone would be willing to do so it would be great :-)

Thanks in advance,

regards

Mo'

Hey guys, somethign Id like to see and I thin its FINALLY going to be possible. Proper fast ropes, Zip lines, and Grappling hooks. With the inclusion of A2/OA content into TAKE ON. I know there are a few Fast rope mods that never quit looked proper, close but not perfect. With these added physics, Im hoping a talented modder can give some some sweet things to do with ropes.

Even more ideas,

Mclic

3d scopes (using render to texture)

this game is so fricken cool!

Hey guys, somethign Id like to see and I thin its FINALLY going to be possible. Proper fast ropes, Zip lines, and Grappling hooks. With the inclusion of A2/OA content into TAKE ON. I know there are a few Fast rope mods that never quit looked proper, close but not perfect. With these added physics, Im hoping a talented modder can give some some sweet things to do with ropes.

Even more ideas,

Mclic

3d scopes (using render to texture)

this game is so fricken cool!

Take on already has fast roping, which also works on the vanilla A2 helis although the positioning is a bit out on most except the chinook which comes right out through the centre hatch.

Take on already has fast roping, which also works on the vanilla A2 helis although the positioning is a bit out on most except the chinook which comes right out through the centre hatch.

I thought I heard that the ropes in TOH were not MP compatible. IS this true? That could put a damper on that project but everything else should be doable soon.

I thought I heard that the ropes in TOH were not MP compatible. IS this true? That could put a damper on that project but everything else should be doable soon.

As I recall yes. Unless something has changed in the last 2 patches.

I'd like to echo the previous request by another RL pilot to see a Schweizer 300C/300CBi. Hell, I'd like to see some Robbies and Hillers, too.

Any sound modders out there? I've given it a try and failed terribly. I'm hoping to get new sounds for the light heli, closer to the MH-6. The best example I can give is the one that J.S.R.S has created for Arma2. I'm going to get in touch with him but not sure if the process is the same for modding sounds with TKOH or even if you can open the PBO's at the moment.

Thanks Max Power, wasn't too sure about where that was supposed to go. Will let you guys know if I make any progress with this.

Ill second that RAF Chinook :) that would be AWESOME

It can be done, lets say that ;)

TakeOnH%202012-04-04%2015-04-40-54.jpg