Sign in to follow this  
lucasdigital

Can I bind keys to my x-box controller

Hi there.

Got the pre order Beta today, very impressed. However, I'm currently limited to using an x-box controller - something that works suprisingly well on Flight Sim X.

I'd be flying happy except that I don't seem to be able to bind the collective to the x-box controllers buttons, so I'm struggling with the controls.

Going into the Controls editor, remapping from "Q" / "A" to the buttons doesn't seem to work, it doesn't pick up the button presses. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mk

There is a default Xbox controller scheme. Try around in the editor.

Thanks for the response, Mr. Charles.

I'm using the default xbox controller scheme, it integrates very nicely, offering a lot of sensible interface touches through the controller. However, the scheme doesn't appear to be editable - the Customize link is greyed out. :-(

Edited by lucasdigital

I found the same problem when I attempted to play using my Xbox Controller. There seemed to be no way to get the Collective onto the controller and I had to use the keyboard for that function.

If someone does know how to operate it from the controller, hopefully they will post. (I just switched to my flightstick, but the controller would be more convenient for casual play in the sitting room ;) )

Crud. Can't get the precision you probably want with that. I guess you could bind it in the keys though. Suggest a good Saitek or something to fix your issue?

-X

If you want to configure your own Xbox 360 controller scheme, try this:

• Disable the controller as default Xbox controller in the controller menu (bottom list)
  • Enable the controller as standard controller (top list)
  • Go to Schemes and map the default scheme for the Xbox 360 controller (or alternatively map it entirely yourself)
  • Tweak the mappings to your liking

I don't use an XBox controller - just a cheap dual analog game pad, but it works really well after considerable tweaking. :)

This is my current configuration:

Controls.jpg

(My controller actually looks more like a PS2/3 dual analog pad, but this is the only decent image I could find that showed the shoulder buttons.)

The only problem with the controller is that the right analog stick only works horizontally. It doesn't register vertical movements. :(

If you want to configure your own Xbox 360 controller scheme, try this:

• Disable the controller as default Xbox controller in the controller menu (bottom list)
  • Enable the controller as standard controller (top list)
  • Go to Schemes and map the default scheme for the Xbox 360 controller (or alternatively map it entirely yourself)
  • Tweak the mappings to your liking

Right on the money, sir.

Thanks so much for the help.

I know game controllers lack for immersion factor but my Thrustmaster set just doesn't fit on my desk.