Sign in to follow this  
DrUzi

SP Helicopter help.

Hi, I need a bit of help with commanding the helicopter in the SP mission that has Razor team looking for Lapotev after Miles is killed. In this mission you are given access to a helicopter that can transport you around to the various locations you need to go. The problem I have is I have no idea once I'm inside the helicopter how in the heck to command it to go somewhere. I know when I was playing ARMA 1 you could tell your Ai squad members to fly a chopper to a certain location by selecting them then clicking on the map. This transport helo doesnt show up on my command list when I board it though, so I have no idea what to do. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks everyone.

Moved to correct forum.

Try to open the map and click where you want them to transport you. Not sure though cause I never played the campaign.

It's been a while since I played this, but if I remember correctly I just opened the command menu (space bar), and could then click on the place I wanted to go. Either on the map, or somewhere in the terrain if the map is closed.

Hi, I need a bit of help with commanding the helicopter in the SP mission that has Razor team looking for Lapotev after Miles is killed. In this mission you are given access to a helicopter that can transport you around to the various locations you need to go. The problem I have is I have no idea once I'm inside the helicopter how in the heck to command it to go somewhere. I know when I was playing ARMA 1 you could tell your Ai squad members to fly a chopper to a certain location by selecting them then clicking on the map. This transport helo doesnt show up on my command list when I board it though, so I have no idea what to do. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks everyone.

See this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=84132

It is quite old guide, but nothing has changed except that AI pilots fly better now and will not land to trees and crash to mountains, but still you need to know how to read map for open areas, if you click helicopter to take you to forested area, it will not go there but chooses something close to it and this something is not always very favorable.