Sign in to follow this  
Karlos_Wolf

Two questions (About release features)

1) Will emergency vehicles have siren/light effects?

I know this is fairly petty but it does ruin the immersion at times. I was wondering if vehicles such as police cars/firetrucks will have siren options while driving on the full release? It's a helicopter game, I know, but it'd be great on multiplayer having cops/vs robber scenarios where two players are trying to outrun police cars and helicopters, the police lights/sirens would aid the helicopter pilot :P

I honestly loved the smoke detail on the SWAT mission. It's very minor but it added a great deal of immersion. The issue was that emergency vehicles were just parked outside of the buildings, I feel that seeing the lights/hearing faint sirens would have improved the feel of the mission. This is very minor, but would be an amazing little touch.

It'd be nice to have this feature, without it, it feels a little like the SCUD launcher from Arma II:OA where your reaction is like "OH, AWESOME!.... I can't use it..?"

2) Will there be more detail added?

This is a pretty major issue for me. I was wondering if there will be more detail added to the cities such as roads, grass, Lamppost, stands etc. I was playing on multiplayer earlier with ]NTRUDER and someone else. Short story, I drove into the city to kill another player whos Helicopter went down, I got there and a small but epic firefight took place. The only problem was the city didn't feel much like a city from the ground, just a field with a few tall buildings xD

I know that this is a possibility given the amount of detail found in Arma 2 (Flying was significantly more beautiful on there than ToH, though I'm hoping the final release changes that). I understand that the map for ToH is significantly larger in terms of the number of buildings, but even the major areas of operations, like Seattle city, seem unloved.

Visual Example: 1s07ky.jpg

Anyway, they're my only questions for now. I'm REALLY loving the game so far :D Great work <3

:yay:

Edited by Karlos_Wolf
Added Visual Example

Regarding the ground detail:

Keep in mind in which genre TOH takes place and also remember the mapsize ;)

It can not be compared to Arma 2 or 3

Regarding the ground detail:

Keep in mind in which genre TOH takes place and also remember the mapsize ;)

It can not be compared to Arma 2 or 3

I understand, but I think that the mission areas should be given additional detail. Lack of detail in some random suburb is understandable. :P I know ToH is primarily a Helicopter sim, but when drivable vehicles are added as well as the ability to walk around, a decent amount of environmental detail should be considered :3

Edit: I mean, on the oil field, there is only one structure. Despite being the only structure, it's fairly low detail. The helipad has VERY little detail too. It's a helicopter sim and you'd at least expect a helipad to be fairly detailed.

This is the detail with the graphics on Very High:

169185j.jpg

You can see what I mean. This topic isn't about "THIS SHOULD BE CHANGED", I'm okay if the answer is no, I'm just wondering if it'd be improved upon for the final release.

Edited by Karlos_Wolf