Thread: Annoying Vehicle Bug (game-breaker)

Annoying Vehicle Bug (game-breaker)

<--- me...

Sometimes I'm experiencing an annoying bug with vehicles that totally screws up my gameplay. The way I can describe it is this... imagine that you get into a vehicle and it's stuck with the throttle wide open and steering 100% left. Let's say I get in a car... immediately it takes off and turns left sharply. It will just go in wild left-hand circles. If I try to steer right, it goes straightish... if I try to reverse it just stops. It does this for every vehicle I try: cars, trucks, APCs, tanks, choppers, etc...

Has anyone experienced this? Is there anything I can do about it? It happens sometimes and even a full system reboot won't stop it. Then it will mysteriously go away!

Configure your yoysticks in control options you might have doubled axis and input and wrong assigned axis too. And remeber 90% off all issues here are user related because there is not enough rtfm. I advise you to make good setups for every unit class, it's worth it to take a hour to get ir right. Also increase axis authority...default is only 0.5 values up to 2 work better.l
    Last edited by Beagle; Oct 17 2011 at 10:05.

Banned
    Yeah I have. If you go into Vehicle settings there is an option for "car more right" and "car more left" both assigned to the mouse. Delete these assignments. I leave mine empty and no longer experience the problem. At least for the steering troubles.

Hyper, I tried your suggestion but it didn't seem to be working. I was still getting the bug. It's gone away again. Let's hope you're right and it never comes back!

Banned
    I know the extra mouse input always gave me steering troubles but not acceleration. Maybe there is another control setting that is giving conflict?

Quote Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
    I know the extra mouse input always gave me steering troubles but not acceleration. Maybe there is another control setting that is giving conflict?
    There could be... Does ARMA have a debug console that might display such info? Is there a debug command line we can pass to the app that might give us some insight?

Weird... I plugged in my joystick and reset the keymappings for all the controls: problem gone.

Not weird mate, you probably enabled / disabled something without realising it.