Sign in to follow this  
Whalenator

Wingsuits

Wingsuits necessary?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Wingsuits necessary?

Attachable as part of a uniform. Alternative to normal, bare-body HALO jumping. Gives increased distance, speed, maneuverability, etc. Would take ~5 sec to take off once you've landed (After pulling a parachute at low altitude, of course)

I'm sure this has already been suggested, but meh. Why not.

Pretty simple to hex, just a couple flat surface extensions of the same color and the uniorm. Get creative... Wingsuit machineguns? Haha.

wingsuit-flying-1.jpg

Wingsuit.jpg

Not the worst idea in the world. I mean, who would have believed anyone would ever go into battle in gliders had the Allies not done just that?! Well, actually Germans first. But yeah, could be a return of the Glider Infantry given the drastic nature of Arma 3's conflict.

Pretty sure Take On Wingsuits has been suggested too.

Dwarden.. is that you?!

I'd like to see this in any Arma game modder made or not, I think it an be realistic if employed correctly.

I'd love to use this on Sahrani on the tallest mountain on the map, even jump off those tall ass towers in chenarus,

ideas for missions are endless, but this is in a way like doing a halo in a way.

For the poll i dont see them as necessary, more like an option of deployment to get to a certain place on the battlefield,

I think this could be suited for special forces.

I'd like to see them used by special forces. Not necessary, but they have my support.

I voted as not necessary. But I wouldn't mind the dev's adding it if they have time. I could definitely see some fun with having a wing suit ;)

Adding wingsuits would be one hell of a way to promote Arma III.

What other game comes default with wingsuits?

EDIT: Also, BF3 and an assortment of mainstream computer players don't know anything about mods.

Adding wingsuits would be one hell of a way to promote Arma III.

What other game comes default with wingsuits?

EDIT: Also, BF3 and an assortment of mainstream computer players don't know anything about mods.

What does the BF3 comment have to do with anything? BF2 players know about mods. COD4 players know about mods. Crysis players know about mods. Delta Force players know about mods. CS players know about mods. So what are you on about?

The idea of wingsuits is nice, BIS should include it if they deem it important enough, but most people outside the ArmA community (who BIS is also targeting) will look at it as just a filler feature that's intended to add fluff to the product, and which has no real meaningful value to the gameplay.

will look at it as just a filler feature that's intended to add fluff to the product, and which has no real meaningful value to the gameplay.

I think you're overestimating the intelligence of these people.

Good idea. Why don't you post it in the wishlist thread ;)

I think you're overestimating the intelligence of these people.

There are actually intelligent gamers outside of the ArmA community, coming from a guy who's actually played MORE than just ArmA.

Not necessary tbh I'd rather just go in there with my bare uniform and a parachute because its easier to land in hot zones... You'd be dead by the time you detatch your "wing suit" when your in a hot zone :P

Guys, you seem forgot the advantage from gliding in the dark. Stealthy, noiseless, and can pass over certain of obstacles when in flight.

Guys, you seem forgot the advantage from gliding in the dark. Stealthy, noiseless, and can pass over certain of obstacles when in flight.

How much gear can you carry?

but... but.. :eek:

look

!

/sarcasm :D

they might be a hell lot of fun and the only way to get close but still not tactically effective. Like already said and visible on the poll, many would appreciate it as an addon but it is not necessary to have it the vanilla content

Wingsuits would be outside of this engine's ability unless its simply for looks, since as of now "special abilities" the customizable costumes are able to have are severely limited. Of course a hardcore coder could easily crack this, but making outfits customizable more than just cosmetically would be an amazing addition to vanilla Arma 3.

EDIT:

There are actually intelligent gamers outside of the ArmA community, coming from a guy who's actually played MORE than just ArmA.

They're few and far between.

Wingsuits would be outside of this engine's ability unless its simply for looks, since as of now "special abilities" the customizable costumes are able to have are severely limited. Of course a hardcore coder could easily crack this, but making outfits customizable more than just cosmetically would be an amazing addition to vanilla Arma 3.

EDIT:

They're few and far between.

Well, you judge that by the separate gaming communities. There's not just the ArmA community and then everyone else. There's the BF community, the COD community, the Novalogic community, the Crysis community, communities for other simulators, communities for other games. I'm pretty sure you're not a member of all of those communities, therefore you cannot say to what extent these communities are intelligent or not. And, to be honest, there are some not-so-intelligent members of ArmA's community. It's easy to be elitist and say that your community is the smartest/most mature/most intelligent because it's your favorite game. There are more than just COD fans in the world. There are people who actually intelligently decide what game they're going to buy/play, and you aren't in a position to say whether those people are/ are not intelligent, and you're in no position to say what people's reasons are to buy a particular product.

And, as PurePassion said, it's nice, but it is certainly NOT a necessity for ArmA3. BTW, I think the community overwhelmingly agrees based on the poll.

Look, let's just agree to disagree.

You have faith in the general intelligence of new players that will be attracted to Arma III.

I do not.

Are you joking, or are you really that much of an idiot?
Look, let's just agree to disagree.

You have faith in the general intelligence of new players that will be attracted to Arma III.

I do not.

No sir, you are the idiot.

Someone close this topic before it turns into a flamefest?

Wingsuits would be outside of this engine's ability unless its simply for looks, since as of now "special abilities" the customizable costumes are able to have are severely limited.

Its entirely possible for BIS to add that in, you DO know this, right? Render to texture, customizing weapons & clothing, and ragdoll were ALL impossible in the Real Virtuality engine before now.

I voted not necessary due to the wording (I suspect that this is why 90% of people voted that option.) but would be tickled pink if BIS added it. :D