Sign in to follow this  
xman1

How to take screenshots?

I hit print screen and what I paste is a picture of my desktop and not the game.

-X

How about without FRAPS? Just normal? Is there a way to do it in game? A key combo?

-X

I have used FRAPS many times before. THis was done with FRAPS:

http://www.youtube.com/user/xman1111111#p/a/u/2/6y3E6m58GPI

I don't find this ideal since it consumes resources in an already resource intensive game, and sometimes I will not be running it ans still want to take a shot.

I forgot how ArmA II handled this but I am pretty sure there was a screenshot capability.

-X

if you are not recording- just taking screenshots, there is no performance drop with fraps ;)

other than that just google for such programms

there are a few programs out there including gameclaw, not used it myself though.

Not a FRAPS fan since I don't want to run an app. I'll post if I find a solution.

You can push printscreen btn, then alt+tab, open mspaint, use ctrl+v and save. Thats not very convenient way of taking screens... but you will have no app running that way.

FRAPS is great, and allows video collection as well (and other things), but EVGA Precision also takes screenshots, and provides NVIDIA fan control and GPU/FPS monitoring with toggleable on-screen display.

Edited by OMAC

FRAPS is the way to go, if you aren't recording then there is no FPS hit and you can keep an eye on game performance at the same time.

Hope they can implant the screenshoting way as in VBS2, wich you can take screenshots with or without UI, and they saves in the VBS2 Other Profiles\Username\Screenshots, great quality, also nice if you don't want any UI also.

I read GCS doesn't work for Vista or Win 7 :o

might want to check that.

great app, I used it quite a bit in the past.

Mgrab is the same as GCS but different GUI.

I use Fraps

Steam's built in screenshot facility seems to work, took one by accident yesterday when poking the F keys to see if I could make the game do anything unusual.

a built in screen shot facility would be useful, as well as built in fps counter for adjusting graphics for best look/performance ratio.

we need a poll now...fraps: pro´s & con´s. And after that a large discussion :rolleyes:

deleted

Edited by OMAC