Drongo's Toolkit (DT) is a collection of scripts, addons and dialogs to add a wide range of features to OFP missions. It is designed to work in SP and MP, with any mod.
What can you do with DT?
DT offers a wide range of tools to make missions more interesting. It duplicates a lot of addons that already exist, but in DT they are integrated, largely automated and can be easily used with most addons. DT is also very modular, so players can decide what they do and don't want to use.
- Command Engine (with radio voices confirming orders)
- Air Support
- Personal menu (assigned and saved to any key the player desires)
- Voices (currently US English, Arabic and Russian)
- AI enhancement (AI can call CoC artillery and air-strikes on enemies)
- AI "commander"
- Radar vehicles
- Vektorboson's script library
- Jukebox (all players hear the same track)
- A new game-mode (buy your force and capture all objectives)
- Automated map population (a little like DAC) (Removed for now)
- Highly customizable
- Many random elements increase replayability of missions
A test mission is included:
Command demo: SP. Set the point limit for yourself (West) and the enemy (East) and use your forces, air, artillery and satellite support to capture 3 objectives. Be warned that the enemy AI can call artillery and airstrikes against you.
Command engine battle
Calling air support
Personal menu (can be assigned any key for activation via fwatch)
Setting up a random command mission against the AI
ECP_DSAI.pbo and ECP_DSAI_2.pbo (from the ECP mod)
CoC Unified Artillery (for CWA you NEED this hotfix)
fWatch is recommended:
Faguss's fWatch for OFP and CWA
fWatch for CWA (by vektorboson)
Thank you very much to the following people:
- Chops (testing, ideas, support)
- ECP team (Russian and US voices)
- Kegetys and Faguss (fWatch)
- Macser (radio model and textures, testing, ideas)
- Sanctuary (dummy configs, radio model, testing, ideas)
- RootLocus (testing, ideas)
- Vektorboson (scripting, testing, help with dialogs, script library, radar, satellite, ideas)
- Wolfrug and Sickboy (Arabic voices from RUG_DSAI/ACE for ArmA)
- and of course BIS for OFP
Download Drongo's Toolkit beta 0.3 (~2.24MB)
Optional music .pbo (~152MB, required for Jukebox module)
DT can get fairly complex and I didn't want to spend the next week writing documentation. So if you have any questions or tips, please ask them in this thread.
Feedback is always welcome.