Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Act of Valor (film)

Thanks for posting the trailer.

New stuff @2:00 and forward. Bad sound quality?
    From an ex-SEAL:
    is that this is the most technically and tactically accurate Special Operations movie ever made in my opinion.
    http://kitup.military.com/2011/12/ac...er-part-3.html

Still, hollywoodish and big ad for the NAVY. Said.

This is going to be a very big advertisement for the Navy
    Teach the AI how to drive. Teach AI Tank drivers to turn their front towards the enemy. Give us supression effects for AI. Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don┬┤t protect the whole torso. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have. www.Brigade2010.de

Wow. That really looks badass. Much better than that ST6 movie trailer from 08. that looked like garbage. It's nice to have an honest-to-goodness good guys v bad guys scenario instead of some artificial "But are we really teh good guys?, cuz those terrorits are just fighting for their homeland too" BS. Looks like it will be pretty realistic too. (Plot inbetween raids and explosion effects nonwithstanding) Hope this goes well!

Long trailer for a "short" film, I fear disappointment.
    Still going to see it anyway.

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    I'm pretty much done with those 'America, fuck yeah!' kind of movies. Still, if they get this done without resorting to over the top Hollywood action and 'oh we are honorable warriors fighting for freedom against the world of nonbelievers' I might watch it. Might.

Look at my ArmA 3 missions in this topic:
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...and-WIP-thread

Master Gunnery Sergeant OnlyRazor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SiC-Disaster View Post
    I'm pretty much done with those 'America, fuck yeah!' kind of movies. Still, if they get this done without resorting to over the top Hollywood action and 'oh we are honorable warriors fighting for freedom against the world of nonbelievers'
    I gave up on expecting honest war movies from anybody. I mean, the Pentagon-funded ones are obviously going to be mostly propaganda, but some producers can try and appeal to the more 'patriotic' crowds Since plenty of big-budget pictures tend to be US, that's the crowd they're aiming for. Of course, lately, it's gone from the 'America, fuck yeah!' side and shifted to the 'Yeah, fuck America!' side, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lle View Post
    But obviously it's very hard for people these days to make use of BRAIN v1.0.

When another country gets off their collective asses and becomes the new hero or go to military force then you can bitch and complain if you ask me.

Looks pretty awesome to me, if unrealistic.
    Win their hearts and minds-two in the heart, one in the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauxman View Post
    Looks pretty awesome to me, if unrealistic.
    How is it unrealistic? The plot or the technical side of it? The story might be unrealistic (it's fiction), but technical stuff is correct, such as the way they operate, the terminology, the technology, the fact that there's no CGI, it's all real, etc. If the Navy Seals say it's technically accurate and realistic, then I take their word for it. Although, yeah, at the end of the day, it's still an action movie. It's still hollywood, so it will be dramatized. Still doesn't stop me from wanting to go see it.

| Mediterranean Operations Addon | LION OF THE CASPIAN Expansion Pack |

System Specs:
    Spoiler:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast