Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Act of Valor (film)

Act of Valor (IMDb)

ZnlPgo9TaGo

Apparently the movie uses real Navy SEALs as the actors. Wondering what you guys thought.

Best part was the BF3 advert at the end :P

Looks like ya standard 'US hoora! we're here to kick arse Hollywood shooter, except with real navy seals?

Looks like ya standard 'US hoora! we're here to kick arse Hollywood shooter, except with real navy seals?

When they get to the Hollywood movie, the real Navy SEALs are too...

Props on the cinematography. Though, the dialogue sounds shit and cliché. A lot of "cliché-ish" cinematography too, but it at least that looks well done.

I agree with Katipo66.

Looks like a bunch of fairy stories which i would tell my children before they go to bed, about our protectors, noble as knights from olden times fighting evil villains and rescue woman from haunted forest.

Seriosly, what is that? Alex Jones talked about a SEAL movie which will come out, right after the Bin Laden Raid thing happend. But he said its more likely that James Cameron will make that movie.

I don't like where this is going.

I quite like the look of it. If done well, it could be a really nice and perhaps pretty realistic take on SEAL operations, and the lives of SEALs in general. Although, I am not expecting much from the acting department as, although SEALs can do some incredible things, I'm not entirely convinced that they can carry movie roles, especially if they are the only actors playing the main characters.

They can't be any worse than DiCaprio...

* I'm brooding intense guy with hollywood straw hair*

or

*I'm pissed off brooding intense guy with hollywood straw hair*

Movies = fun.

Real stuff = Documentaries.

Why raging?

We have already seen that movie a thousand times. Same old overused predictable poop.

Looks like another pathetic and pretty unrealistic US flick for "recruitment".

"SEAL Team VI" 2008 ... "Act of Valor" 2012 ... "Call of Patriots" 2016

I quite like the look of it. If done well, it could be a really nice and perhaps pretty realistic take on SEAL operations, and the lives of SEALs in general. Although, I am not expecting much from the acting department as, although SEALs can do some incredible things, I'm not entirely convinced that they can carry movie roles, especially if they are the only actors playing the main characters.

It's true that no action can save a film if the acting is painful to watch..

Then again, we have some exceptions:

http://minorityblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/steven_seagal_expressions.jpg?w=470

It's true that no action can save a film if the acting is painful to watch..

Then again, we have some exceptions:

http://minorityblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/steven_seagal_expressions.jpg?w=470

^^ Oh that's good.

I never go to the cinema. I'm tired of sitting there looking at my watch, if it's Hollywood studio made, it's better to wait for the DVD. That said, this has never been done before and I hope they make a good job of it for the sake of the SEALs.

Didn't see the trailer but the comments were interesting....

The first trailer had me thinking "h'wood bullshit" with the "ok I'll swim under water by that guard and wait while you take the shot then I'll catch him while I'm under water" :yay:

Wow. That really looks badass. Much better than that ST6 movie trailer from 08. that looked like garbage. It's nice to have an honest-to-goodness good guys v bad guys scenario instead of some artificial "But are we really teh good guys?, cuz those terrorits are just fighting for their homeland too" BS. Looks like it will be pretty realistic too. (Plot inbetween raids and explosion effects nonwithstanding) Hope this goes well!

Long trailer for a "short" film, I fear disappointment.

Still going to see it anyway.