Sign in to follow this  
OMAC

Does PiP rear-view camera work for medium helis?

Pip works great in the rear-view mirror of the light heli, but I have yet to see a rear view in the cockpit screens of the medium heli. Is that working in the beta?

Just enable PiP detail in video settings, and then look at rear-view, outside mirror in light heli.

One of the medium helis the camera is active, the FLIR one possibly.

I tried them all out in the editor but can't remember the exact one.

Yes, it's the FLIR version. FLIR doesn't work though and you can't move the camera but otherwise it's cool (or I just couldn't find out how it's used, yet^^).

Edited by Derbysieger

Just enable PiP detail in video settings, and then look at rear-view, outside mirror in light heli.

looking at the miror on the skid, all I see are the interactions for the starters/throttle. cant do anything with the mirror unless im looking at the wrong one somehow

looking at the miror on the skid, all I see are the interactions for the starters/throttle. cant do anything with the mirror unless im looking at the wrong one somehow

Hold right mouse button to zoom in on it. Nothing can be done with the mirror other than looking at it. And watch out, it severely degrades FPS in-game. But it looks :cool:.

PiP is nicely implemented in A3, I hear. I hope that A3 FPS does not suffer too much. May have to get a new i7-2600k computer.

---------- Post added at 06:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

One of the medium helis the camera is active, the FLIR one possibly.

I tried them all out in the editor but can't remember the exact one.

Thanks, Liquid and Derby! In the FLIR heli, if you use pedal to rotate, the PiP view stays locked at the same azimuth, but you can see the heli rotate. Is that expected? Is there some way to control the rear-view camera?

Edit: Oh. See here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=125632

Edited by OMAC