zoog

Do you use auto-hover?

Do you use auto-hover?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use auto-hover?

• Yes
    • No
    • Occasionally

I was wondering, do you guys use auto-hover? I'm refusing to use it cause I think it's something I need to learn by controlling the helicopter myself and it's too much an artificial aid for me.

So, what do you do?

In normal flying, landing, starting on expert mode - no, never but for cargo mission to release my cargo yes :|

As a matter of principle, I'm trying to learn to fly without any of the aids, even if it is a little hard without a real flight stick. (I use a dual analog gamepad. :))

So no.

Honestly? Yes... I use it all of the time. Half of the time I just prefer the aids. I like playing just for fun to be honest at least right now.

I will eventually get around to going "Full Realism" but sometimes that just becomes stressful for me. I think thats one of the reason I love BI Games... I can get immersed in realistic qualities yet at the same time I can enjoy the accessibility when I just dont want to deal with it.

Honestly? Yes... I use it all of the time. Half of the time I just prefer the aids..

You should say aides and not Aids :o

i don't like using autohover. if it was a more subtle effect and perhaps could only be invoked when at very low speeds then i'd consider it more. right now it's a crazy brake and stabilize cheat to me no matter how fast you're going or even if youre in a death dive.

that said, i find it very hard to hover when taking off or just coming to a stop in mid air. probably cause of the lack of inner ear feedback. not sure how other people get it right.

I use it all the time on Expert. Why not? It's a great feature. You can always choose not to use it if you want.

I especially like to use it when I need to check the map to know where to go.

Edited by OMAC

I was wondering, do you guys use auto-hover? I'm refusing to use it cause I think it's something I need to learn by controlling the helicopter myself and it's too much an artificial aid for me.

So, what do you do?

you should only use auto hover because you need to take your hands off the stick to perform some other ingame function. or when just starting to learn to hover and you're swinging out of control.

The AutoHover is for me, like a Pause button only and not for hovering;

If you don't use it and fly instead you'll see soon enough that there is no need for it to hold steady ! or at least ... Autohovering you'll lose all the pleasure to fight for it ;)

Coming from FSX decent helos I was expecting an easier transition to TOH but to my surprise I felt the TOH flight model much more challenging which forced me to use the Trainee difficulty + autohover.

Now I'm slowly transitioning to the expert difficulty level. It took a good amount of time to start being familiar (as well as to tweak my flight controller) but now is rewarding and it feels more believable than 95% of the helos for FSX. None the less I have not yet tried the sling load mission nor the SWAT one in expert so we will see if I'm able to control the helo without autohover.

even taking in to account that the sim is work in progress it really looks promising to me, good job BIS :notworthy: