Page 13 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: ArmA 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

Quote Originally Posted by antoineflemming View Post
    Good.
    And I thought this would end the discussion

I found this in sticky section.
    If you made a wish in this thread, I suggest to look up this survey

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...77#post2054577

( I'm sorry for reposting this but i figured that I never check on the stickies and there might be more like me )

antoineflemming relax and wait till "its done"!
    The A3 campaign is set in 07/2035 - 10 years after Iranian Forces invaded Limnos. Enough time to restore vital + important structures and to build new defensive positions/fortifications or even (re-)build military production line/R&D....

Now the storyline so far
    After years of intense warfare against Eastern armies, Europe has become the last stand for the battered NATO forces. On the verge of being driven into the sea, NATO command embarks upon a most desperate measure. In the hope of seizing what seems to be a well-guarded military secret, Operation Magnitude is launched.
    A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines. However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions…
    So one could imagine that there must be something very important to find or its just another suicide mission to distract/slow down the enemy....

Quote Originally Posted by NoRailgunner View Post
    The A3 campaign is set in 07/2035 - 10 years after Iranian Forces invaded Limnos. Enough time to restore vital + important structures and to build new defensive positions/fortifications or even (re-)build military production line/R&D...
    The official website states that the basic infrastructure on Limnos is mostly decayed due to combat damage and no maintenance. Electricity, intact sewage systems and drinking water distribution is only available in Myrina.
    Flirt with death enough - and you get kissed.

... and for those that think NATO is as strong as it once was, think again. Even now, the removal of ABM's is being debated, while other member states are reconsidering their positions within NATO as the economic crisis sweeps across the globe. It all sounds like a great plot for a book, but it's real life. Russia wants it's satellite countries back, etc. In other words, a NATO of the future may not be a very large force.

antoineflemming relax and wait till "its done"!
    The A3 campaign is set in 07/2035 - 10 years after Iranian Forces invaded Limnos. Enough time to restore vital + important structures and to build new defensive positions/fortifications or even (re-)build military production line/R&D....

Now the storyline so far
    So one could imagine that there must be something very important to find or its just another suicide mission to distract/slow down the enemy....
    But it clearly says Limbos has many scars from the battles. The idea is that the island is battered and that it hasn't recovered. A fraction of the population remains. There aren't going to be nice greek homes and a beautiful untouched island. It's supposed to look like a war zone. That's clear from the info. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying that they aren't going to implement it. Just that I hope they keep the ww3-everything battered feel as it is important to the story.

| Mediterranean Operations Addon | LION OF THE CASPIAN Expansion Pack |

System Specs:
    Spoiler:

But it clearly says Limbos has many scars from the battles. The idea is that the island is battered and that it hasn't recovered. A fraction of the population remains. There aren't going to be nice greek homes and a beautiful untouched island. It's supposed to look like a war zone. That's clear from the info. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying that they aren't going to implement it. Just that I hope they keep the ww3-everything battered feel as it is important to the story.
    Of course parts of the island will look battered, some villages will be partially or completely destroyed etc., but the point is that not every inch of the island has to look like it got bombed to shreds. Some areas may be simply deserted, but since no battles took place there, there will be no severe damage.

I expect that, when opening the island in the editor, most of the buildings will be intact, thus leaving the level of destruction open to the mission designer. The campaign will be a different story though. Just because you saw some intact looking villages in some of the videos doesn't mean the island will look pristine in the campaign.

Gigabyte Z97-HD3 Motherboard | Intel Core i5 4690k @ 4.5GHz | NVidia GTX 970
    16GB G-Skill Ripjaws 2133MHz RAM | Kingston HyperX SSD | be Quiet! 750W PSU

There aren't going to be nice greek homes and a beautiful untouched island. It's supposed to look like a war zone.
    It won't look like the scene of a nuclear holocaust, the footage I have seen shows a nice mix of undamaged, partially damaged, and completely destroyed houses and buildings.

Like mentioned earlier and in other threads - this can be done by mission design. Just imagine you would like to create or play a mission/campaign before the invasion.... Better have some more design/creative options instead of getting bored by hardcoded maps.

Like mentioned earlier and in other threads - this can be done by mission design. Just imagine you would like to create or play a mission/campaign before the invasion.... Better have some more design/creative options instead of getting bored by hardcoded maps.
    That's what I'm hoping for. Yeah, it should be left up to the user in the editor, but in campaign it should definitely be some destruction. But, yeah, not every inch, but a good portion.

Page 13 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast