Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

I posted about soldiers being able to walk faster while aiming.

I tried with my rifle and I could walk faster than the soldiers in ArmA 2 while keeping a steady aim.

What's everyone elses views on this?

I posted about soldiers being able to walk faster while aiming.

I tried with my rifle and I could walk faster than the soldiers in ArmA 2 while keeping a steady aim.

What's everyone elses views on this?

Did you shoot it while walking fast?

One very big wish from me!

DON'T use too many scripts in the campaign! Please! Last night I was playing "Dogs of War" mission and when I captured Lopotev I had to wait for transport, right? But... the Helicopter didn't came... I had to revert it several times, but no effect... so don't trust on scripts too much, because it have chance to see something like that in Arma 3.

By the way IMPROVE the AI, because it's awful... one friend play BAF and he just lost control of the AI. He said the team to shoot one jeep, but no effect... until 5 min. later when the AI guys just started shooting and he couldn't stop them until they fired all their ammo.

This things make the game very buggy and this is the reason why fan like me get angry because of this things. Hope you try to improve this two problems.

P.S. Because of that, I think that ArmA: Cold War Assault (OFP) was better than the other games. I mean... the other Armas are very cool, full of things you can do, but... the campaigns have too many thinks that could crash and make the game buggy like in Dogs of War problem.

P.S.2 By the way... the command menu... yea, it's very scattered, I mean... to hard to use it, in CWA it is so much better, yeah... not so many commands, but easier to be used.

Didnt shoot while moving (Damn my property size :D)

But my point was that just while in sights, you should be able to move a little faster.

Not necessarily while shooting.

One very big wish from me!

DON'T use too many scripts in the campaign! Please! Last night I was playing "Dogs of War" mission and when I captured Lopotev I had to wait for transport, right? But... the Helicopter didn't came... I had to revert it several times, but no effect... so don't trust on scripts too much, because it have chance to see something like that in Arma 3.

By the way IMPROVE the AI, because it's awful... one friend play BAF and he just lost control of the AI. He said the team to shoot one jeep, but no effect... until 5 min. later when the AI guys just started shooting and he couldn't stop them until they fired all their ammo.

This things make the game very buggy and this is the reason why fan like me get angry because of this things. Hope you try to improve this two problems.

P.S. Because of that, I think that ArmA: Cold War Assault (OFP) was better than the other games. I mean... the other Armas are very cool, full of things you can do, but... the campaigns have too many thinks that could crash and make the game buggy like in Dogs of War problem.

P.S.2 By the way... the command menu... yea, it's very scattered, I mean... to hard to use it, in CWA it is so much better, yeah... not so many commands, but easier to be used.

Forgot to say... Cougar Trucks!!

Wrong thread, buddy. You're looking for this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=125819

Alien Invasion mod

I'm sorry to say, but you've been posting only dumb things since you joined those forums (in the same style you used to post in the deceased CM forums)

This is a wish list discussion, yet you post a addon/mod request for a game that hasn't even been released?

I'm sorry to say, but you've been posting only dumb things since you joined those forums (in the same style you used to post in the deceased CM forums)

This is a wish list discussion, yet you post a addon/mod request for a game that hasn't even been released?

Sorry, It was a joke. I have no intent to play an "alien invasion mod," and I'm sorry if I was derailing anything, but if you honestly have a problem with my sense of humor then perhaps you just best avoid commenting about it.

Edited by MADDOGdb7

Sorry, I was a joke.

True. :rolleyes: Now back to topic:

Are there any plans to have Underground mapping? Maybe even a second level of the map (would make it easier to use with the editor). Something like in Rainbow6/Ravenshield to manage to scroll through height-levels. Would love to have caves/cellars/sewage systems. This opens up a lot of possibilities to engage the enemy or do covert-ops.

Currently you can have 144 groups of either single units or groups [per side?]

To get more you have to resort to spawn scripts. I personally hope that arma 3 has at least 10 times or 20 times as many units/groups that can be placed in the editor.

Also an easier way to turn units into OPFOR,BLUFOR etc :P

Why would any mission need thousands of groups?

To last the mission 3 days in realtime, to depict a large battlefield.

But we dont need 10x or 20x more units.. i'd say 5x should be enough.

Iran v USA!

To last the mission 3 days in realtime, to depict a large battlefield.

But we dont need 10x or 20x more units.. i'd say 5x should be enough.

If you don't delete and spawn new groups for 3 day mission, means you're doing it wrong.

144 groups per side is enough for most missions,maybe unless you have a 144 1 man groups..

BF3's singleplayer campaign in a nutshell :rolleyes:

Oh God, that campaign is possibly one of the most linear experiences I've ever had playing an FPS. But while we're on the topic of BF3. Is their any hope for motion tracking gameplay like what was done here for BF3.

All I want to see in ARMA 3 is some Greek things, and not just US and Russia and Iran. After all, it's a Greek island! ;)

All I want to see in ARMA 3 is some Greek things, and not just US and Russia and Iran. After all, it's a Greek island! ;)

Gyro Stands! But I would like to sea modern pirates around the Island, aparently it's a big deal around Greece.

My wish for Arma 3 is that they should create game-modes like that you would see in BF3, Modern Warfare, and other games so people don't have to create everything up and don't really come close to what they was aiming for. Like Pre-Made modes that are edit friendly or atleast a good template for them modes to be created. I also want to see the driving on land feels more realistic, like see the suspension move up and down more.. like it actually feels like it doing something, I also don't want the trucks and off-road vehicles not to slow down a whole bunch when they hit dirt. Only thing I've been mostly asking for is better land driving experience in the game, like something you would feel in an off-road game and other driving games. I also want the game to be friendly to the Evolution Game-Mode and doesn't lag the server over-time after going through each objective. That probably be about all I wish for :).

The Skorpion-2M is thought to be the UAZ's replacement. I wished it as a light tatctical for the PMC's. What do you guys think?

The Skorpion-2M is thought to be the UAZ's replacement. I wished it as a light tatctical for the PMC's. What do you guys think?

That it isn't. Tigr is though

That it isn't. Tigr is though

Yeah but not in the same weight category. You got the HMMWV category and then you got the Land Rover/Uaz category. At least that's what my brain thinks. The Tigr fits in the HMMWV category says my brain :p

I think it would be nice if there was a nice little gear editor built into the unit placement... device... thingy.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a load of issues typing in code into the initialization box, but it is a bit time consuming.

What do you guys think? Am I totally in the wrong?

I think it would be nice if there was a nice little gear editor built into the unit placement... device... thingy.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a load of issues typing in code into the initialization box, but it is a bit time consuming.

What do you guys think? Am I totally in the wrong?

no, on the contrary. It would actually be the right step to take for Bohemia in terms of usability...