Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

If they come to you they just drag you and never stop to heal you. And when you try to switch to another unit, the game still treats you like you're wounded and you can't move, the red screen is still up. At the very least (probably the best option), make it an editor choice. In the menu where you can define the time of day, weather, stuff like that, allow the player to choose things like the extent of the wounding system. Give the mission editor more options (giving the player more freedom).

When you post half-baked crap like this, it makes me wonder whether you've even installed the game or if you just sit at your desk looking at a picture of the box.

If they come to you they just drag you and never stop to heal you.

In the vanilla game, the AI will never drag you. They will try to heal you the instant they get within reach. This causes problems of its own (read, being healed in the middle of a field), but shit, get your facts straight.

At the very least (probably the best option), make it an editor choice. In the menu where you can define the time of day, weather, stuff like that, allow the player to choose things like the extent of the wounding system.

The extended wounding system is an editor choice, and is not enabled by default. Mission author's decision.

These are the modules responsible:

famod3.jpg

famod1.jpg

famod2.jpg

:756:

I have this game call TestDrive2 (TDU2) or Burnout Paradise City (BOPC) and it really cool how you can play in the day time and any minute it goes to night time in BOPC you can change settings to simulate 24hr days and in TDU2 it rains occasion which affects driving enviroment.

This effect would be ultimate add-on which is a true scenario and maybe add snow or wind to give it and added feel. :yay:

P.S. I like Hidden and Dangerous and always thought military games should be like that but now i have found Arma... really cool keep up the good work.

Arma2 already has a fully working day/night cycle and weather system mate...

However a more advanced weather system would be very nice.

Better fog... would be nice.

There is a wish for "lie on your back for aiming and firing up while lying" on the first page. This is my addiction to it.

This video, 0.52:

GTkOgWx_bTc

The player should have the ability to quickly change the direction of his weapon in 360 degrees, "urban prone" for 90 and 270 degrees, "lying on a back" for 180 degrees. Thats for rifles and pistols. If we talking about weapons stationed on bipods, say, a sniper rifle or a machinegun, than, on the contrary, your mobility must be limited by the said bipods, like in the ACE. Transition from prone to standing and kneeling positions should be much more faster, like in the "SMK Animations" mod. Transition from a main weapon to secondary and vice versa should be also done faster - same video, 3.00 - they did not put their rifles behind their backs, they just released them to hang on a belts.

And the last, but not the least, there should be a "medium ready carry", once again like in the "SMK Animations":

3873327f520.jpg

If you ask me, I'd did it like that: usually your weapon is in a medium carry position - if you need to fire without using a sights (suppressive fire, cover fire etc.) - just hold down the left mouse button - your character will take a "high ready carry" stance and fire his weapon without using a sights (like you did in previous ARMA and OFP games using the crosshair):

3873385f520.jpg

Of course, an accuracy of such firing should be quite poor. If you need an accurate fire - hold down the right mouse button for using a sights of a weapon. And there shouldn't be any crosshairs, of course.

That's all, thank you for your time, I hope you did understand my atrocious English.

Edited by Corvinus

Maps to be modelled with the earths curvature not flat.

Also simulate the coriolis effect for long range projectiles.

Please make mission making use less scripting. Use many more drop down lists in Waypoints, triggers, and in game radio calling features that spawn results from base without scripting. Examples: Call in custom airstrike,custom resupply trucks,custom reinforcements. The airstrike would spawn at base, navigate to you, hit location you set on map and then RTB and actually fly there,land,and dismiss.

Custom supply truck convoy spawns from base navigates using streets and not forest,steep mountain,or deep water,delivers supply and if fail they radio to you mission incomplete and why(destroyed by ambush enemy airstrike etc). Call in C-130 that spawns at base and navigates to you dropping custom supplies and reinforcements and RTB. Call in UAV that spawns and gives you thermal image screen of nearby activity. Complete artillery templates that spawn artillery when radio called by either side and do not disappear and stay available for radio fire mission until destroyed by enemy.

Waypoints that have larger selection to have units: set up camp, set up perimeter, construct base, set up triage, search an entire building,Use nearest vehicles by default etc,etc.

Playable AI that respawn and find nearest vehicle and navigate back to squad leader instead of walking 10 miles in straight line crossing deep water ignoring the bridge 10meters away and showing up to squad leader ready to fight a tank with only a pistol because he let his gear sink in deep water.LOL

Radio calls in game that call for custom helicopter extractions that spawn from base or your choice and navigate to your map location and wait til your in and take you where you need to go without scripting.

A great aircraft carrier that has all functions and textures with similarities of Nimitz addon yet a step further with no bugs.

The "pink mist" when shooting someone in the head while sniping. And how about some limb tear offs and body flying when using the "Fist of Death" (M107A1). Oh and we need "trace" added in besides splash.

3nUZaAESv6k

Edited by SPEKTRE76

A large amount of burning objects, such as a bombed out city, should produce enough smoke to BLOT OUT THE SUN, at least locally. Fighting in the shade is fun :p

I would very much like to see eyeware with integrated HUD/NED(near eye display) for 2 reasons.

1. Increased functionality. Since we will have a weight system in ArmA 3, the traditional helmet HUD system would weight more. Taking the helmet out of the mix will reduce "operator" weight and increase mobility.

2. The roleplay factor. These 2 items would make behind enemy lines/recon scenarios a lot more interesting. Having a HUD/NED integrated in your eyewear would make you less conspicuous not to mention you would look tacticool.

Here are some present day models/options.

HUD gogles:

Recon HUD gogles.

HUD glases:

Clip on HUD from Sportiiii's

Vuzix Tac-Eye

Edited by Maio
Bacon

Proper vehicle physics On/Off road. IE: HMMWV should be hauling ass offroad. Plus it should be bouncing up and down and shit, rather then doing 5 MPH, and staying glued to the ground.

Plus dudes in the turret shouldn't be just chilling there, they should be moving and shit. OFP DR did that right (Kinda).

PLUS the fucking antennas on the back of vehicles and shit shouldn't be static. They should be waving around and shit. Thats my rant.

Edit: Horrible referance, BUT it shows everything I just suggested =)

Edited by jakethesnake245

When can we get rid of the rediculous weapon sway that occurs whenever you move whilst aiming down sight? I want the aiming while moving to look like this:

instead of what me currently have in arma 2. CQC and mid-range combat will be much better!

Edit: As of now, I just remembered it is still just as bad in Arma 3 :/

Edited by BobcatBob

DirectX11[for multi-threaded rendering b-ends benefits, mainly]renderer, OpenGL renderer[to allow use 4.x and 5.x shaders on WindowsXP userbase :P]

x64 binaries. to get rid of swapping with viewdistances above 400m with testures above "low" and full-scale maps[on 2kmx2km "isle" no swap, of course]

more multi-threading-ready, scalable, binaries. or at least, offload some side tasks to other streams/core, like sounds[eat notable CPu sometimes]physics, AI.

pre-process triggers TOO !! not Only "scripts".

Edited by BasileyOne

Maps:

Ukrainian or Kavkaz Mountains and Forests!

I Agree with Rye - War dogs!

The "pink mist" when shooting someone in the head while sniping. And how about some limb tear offs and body flying when using the "Fist of Death" (M107A1). Oh and we need "trace" added in besides splash.

3nUZaAESv6k

that video is known hoax and fake ...

I'd like to see better rain phisics. Nothing ground breaking mind you just something that looks a bit better and sounds better. The biggest thing that frustrates me with most games that try to render rain is while you move through the rain, you shouldn't see it as static sheets when it's close. Picture you're in a jet and flying through a rain storm....to you, the rain around your jet would look more like a starfield (picture the stars when the ships in starwars go into hyperspace), all stretched out around you as streaks passing by rather than a static sheet of falling rain that you happen to be passing by.

Also, more realistic fx when a tank or any arty fires. Dust picked up off the ground, trees and grass being sucked around, if you're nearby your screen should blurr for a second and ears ring for a while, etc etc

When you land a jet, it shouldn't ride on rough ground and feel like a boat on the waves *bouncy bouncy bouncy* it DOES have suspension after all, rather GOOD suspension typically. Also, whatever happened to chaff??? And don't most jets now days feature an automatic flare system?

The game is awesome. Obviously. Everyone loves it.

I see a lot of good suggestions and think the level of communication between the developers and the community is excellent.

Here are a few of my ideas;

1 - Better CQB - I know this has been said many times before but please. This game is so awesome except when the enemy looks at you for 5 seconds before shooting you or you get stuck inside a wall.

2 - There need to be more general commands for squad/fire-team leaders such as;

* "Secure area" - where each group member assigned this order has a preset role according to their weapon ie riflemen will move and cover and clear rooms/compounds, whilst machinegunners will overwatch, unless there aren't enough riflemen in which case they will form part of the securing element.

3 - There needs to be a "Speed" command for the squad, or in some way the urgency of the situation needs to be reflected in the friendly AI's movements i.e. if a heavily armed enemy APC is fast approaching a very superior firing position close to the team, friendly units ordered to take cover must sprint for the nearest available cover, versus if the same "Take Cover" order is issued with the APC 1500m away friendly units will not move as fast and will choose better cover over in better firing positions rather than closer cover.

MOST NEEDED FEATURE EVER!

automatic mod synchronizer ( between client and random server)

idea is that it sync's the server mods with your pc so you can always join every server without too much hassle!

Edited by BelgarionNL

More funcionality for SecOps and ACM Modules.

ACM should be able to use units & vehicles from addon's.

SecOps should also be able to use addon's and be configurable i.e. base config, faction config, unit config. I think SecOps also needs more missions and they should be more dynamic i.e. Patrol mission can be "Infantry spotted patrol these waypoints". or "Light armour spotted patrol these waypoints". or ambush missions could be "ambush tank column/supply convoy/enemy foot patrol". Hight Value targets should also include infantry targets aswell as ammo dumps etc.

I think it would be helpful for the MP community at large if there were smaller game files for dedi servers. I know that some server admins dread having to upload several gigabytes of game data to their server, and the sad fact is that most of this data is made up of large textures that the server doesn't need anyway. Textures are usually the largest files in any game, but they are of course never displayed on a dedi server.

I believe BIS should consider distributing alternative, ultra low quality game files that contain minimized textures (even smaller than the "lite" versions of BAF & PMC). These game files would probably be an order of magnitute smaller than the main game files, thus greatly reducing the effort required to host and update a game server. Uploading a few hundred MB is already a lot less hassle than uploading several GB, but as an added bonus, BI could consider hosting these files in a place that would allow server admins to grab them directly from the server, for example using wget.

I've created a feature request ticket >>here<<.

something similar as the six updater would be very useful!

Edited by BelgarionNL

I hope that the on screen interface gets updated for Arma 3. First, remove the magic bullet counter, look at how this is handled in ACE and the Red Orchestra games. Also, please remove the reload icon that pops up in the middle of the screen. Incredibly annoying, especially when using single shot AT weapons, where it will obscure your view immediately after you've pressed the trigger.

Also, a couple of things need to be added. A stance indicator, and something showing where your injuries are when you have been injured.

Unlike the amount of ammo in your weapon and magazines, in real life you will constantly be aware of your stance and any injuries to your body. I think in a realistic game as Arma, the on screen indicators should reflect the information you will have in real life as much as possible.

Edited by Johan S