Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

I hope optic systems will be as 'delicate' is possible.

From ARMA1 era most ironsights/Aimpoints/Eoteks are too 'fat' hiding most of players FOV .

A mod conflict detection/reporting tool (instead of searching through the logfile)!

PLEASE FIX IT so ai pilots can b instructed to land!

Choppers could b like the move command have a dot then line of the ai location.

Planes could just b auto land at the airports.

Personally I would love some High res 1080p+ Screen shots to use for my wall papers, and also maybe some game play video's if possible at full 1080p or at the very least some that are not done with cam's.

Ability to drag wounded/dead bodies from action menu. I don't think it's a big deal for BIS.

In the editor: the ability to set the azimuth for units & objects to 'RANDOM' would be very useful.

More formations, such as a 360 degree security formation (where if its only two units, they will face opposite each other, if 3, then they will form an equilateral triangle, if 4, then they will form a diamond, if 5 or more, they will form a general circle shape).

- proper lifting optics to eye. no quickscoping

-0 please tell me ragdoll will take over if i snipe a guy off an atv. dear god please let this happen

Edited by mistermdg

-I would like the pathfinding of vehicles to be better: Give a choice to command them to use "roads only", or to "go straight", in which case they will cross fields, forests, and such.

-Player econgnition on the map: At least the player should be instantly be aware of his own position on the map, by a strong colored unique symbol. To avoid to know where you are exactly.

Also there should be an option available to activate with which "spotted" enemies get a real time symbol on the map, as soon as they are spotted; if possible with a time stamp.

When enemy disappears out of sight, the symbol should still be visible for a while (server adjusted: 10-15 minutes)

- All and all, information sharing could be lot better in ARMA series: better, faster, and more fluid in nature.

- A server option to show all friendly players with a symbol, as well in different colors, regarding to the squad they belong to.

Also a squad letter or name should be helpful.

- Easier system to change squad while in the field. Or while respawning. Color symbols. Better names. 1-f-1 and things like that aren't as easy as "squad A", squad B", etc...

- Servers should have abilities to adjust as good as anything, in relation to the desired gameplay experience.

- I would like to see a second monitor option on which the map can be shown, with real time tactical information.

- More and better "warfare" and "AAS" scenario's! More spawn abilities in standard missions like they exist in AAS.

- Ability to let AI drive with "lights off" during night time. One can set them "don't shoot", but not "lights off". that doesn't make any sense.

- A simpler use of standard color coding: Blue = always friendly Red = always enemy. Green = always own squad Other colors = always the same friendly squads.

Can't be so hard to get a unified and more expanded color code, right?

- MODS that may be used on server... Now in most cases it is: "no mods at all"... Server should have ability to add list of mods that are allowed. And a list of thos who may not be used at all.

Certain mods just only make fps better and such...

- I would like to see more fluent gameplaytypes, as well as in depth tactical strategic multiplayer mission types standard in the game, and not always so much dependant of mods and such.

- I would like to see more possibilities in warfare to allow commander to actually draw BIG arrows and such to share ideas on how to attack; basic attack plan.

- I would like to see at least some MP sniper only missions... Those who don't like to snipe are not obliged to join; they can play something else.

But those who want to snipe, can have fun.

- I would like to see autoupdating system.

- I would like to have a friends list, who I can easily join when playing. Also joining as a group or squad right away should be possible.

-I would like the pathfinding of vehicles to be better: Give a choice to command them to use "roads only", or to "go straight", in which case they will cross fields, forests, and such.

-Player econgnition on the map: At least the player should be instantly be aware of his own position on the map, by a strong colored unique symbol. To avoid to know where you are exactly.

Also there should be an option available to activate with which "spotted" enemies get a real time symbol on the map, as soon as they are spotted; if possible with a time stamp.

When enemy disappears out of sight, the symbol should still be visible for a while (server adjusted: 10-15 minutes)

- All and all, information sharing could be lot better in ARMA series: better, faster, and more fluid in nature.

- A server option to show all friendly players with a symbol, as well in different colors, regarding to the squad they belong to.

Also a squad letter or name should be helpful.

- Easier system to change squad while in the field. Or while respawning. Color symbols. Better names. 1-f-1 and things like that aren't as easy as "squad A", squad B", etc...

- Servers should have abilities to adjust as good as anything, in relation to the desired gameplay experience.

- I would like to see a second monitor option on which the map can be shown, with real time tactical information.

- More and better "warfare" and "AAS" scenario's! More spawn abilities in standard missions like they exist in AAS.

- Ability to let AI drive with "lights off" during night time. One can set them "don't shoot", but not "lights off". that doesn't make any sense.

- A simpler use of standard color coding: Blue = always friendly Red = always enemy. Green = always own squad Other colors = always the same friendly squads.

Can't be so hard to get a unified and more expanded color code, right?

- MODS that may be used on server... Now in most cases it is: "no mods at all"... Server should have ability to add list of mods that are allowed. And a list of thos who may not be used at all.

Certain mods just only make fps better and such...

- I would like to see more fluent gameplaytypes, as well as in depth tactical strategic multiplayer mission types standard in the game, and not always so much dependant of mods and such.

- I would like to see more possibilities in warfare to allow commander to actually draw BIG arrows and such to share ideas on how to attack; basic attack plan.

- I would like to see at least some MP sniper only missions... Those who don't like to snipe are not obliged to join; they can play something else.

But those who want to snipe, can have fun.

- I would like to see all ARMA 2 maps converted to ARMA 3. Certainly Chernarus. Best tactical map ever.

- I would like to see a more intelligent control setting design: larger screen (now, one can't even overlook all keys attached to one key. Also add keyboard, mouse and joystick columns, separated next to each other. Group all commands together in a more logical way: infantry, ground vehicle, chopper, plane, miscellaneous...

Would make control setting so much easier.

Also add a search function in control settings: Just typing the command, like "prone" should show this right away.

Also add right click to enable easy delete of a function.

Add functions: toggle prone - crouch, toggle crouch - stand, toggle prone - stand

- The "mourning" sound when wounded should become a % health after some minute or so... Or one should be able to mute that. Playing for half an hour or more with that sound is 'hellish'! Once I heard it a few times, I know I am wounded. Realism, ok. But this is still a game. Not a torture chaimber.

- Realism? Fine. But getting into a car can be a pain. For nothing. Just standing next to a vehicle should give ability to go into ANY position of it.

HUD integration to helmets

When I play ARMA, I only use HUD the first time I play through the main campaign, after that I always (want to) play multiplay without any HUD, because I feel it's much mor realistic. But now with ARMA 3, this has not to be true, because it is a sci-fi, so my question is, Will it be optional to put HUD on only then you are equipped with a HUD-friendly helmet? Which is pretty much every helmet in the game that I have understood? If so, that is good! I just not want to be able to see HUD on my server then I run around as a civilian. No cyborg for me! :cool:

Lol sure mods, i'll add my wish on page 112 of this thread. I'm sure the dev's take time to read all pages. ;)

Please no CLUNKY user interface

I hope BIS finally gets rid of the clunky unintuitive user interface. Stuff that could be so much better bound to a key, weapon actions, colliding with world etc.

And let me add to that, i'd love to see players have full and -instant- control of their body movement.

-Please no wobbly animations that forcibly play-to-end before one can get control of the player back.

-No more sitting out a reload animation when you need to quickly switch to sidearm

-No more automatic stand up when pronecrawling against something

-No more spastic arm/hand shaking when sidestepping with a raised weapon

I'm sure the dev's take time to read all pages. ;)

Don't worry, we keep reading it :whistle:

Edited by DarkDruid

-Ability to shoot from inside of a vehicle.

-Improved AI much, much work here + add animation when you can surprise enemy maybe just little shock and sometime fall.

-Gore, decapitations, etc (not necessarily but can add to immersion).

-Better blood after hitting.

-option to change bobing in FPP ?

-Dust clouds could include little stones and gravel.

-explosion should overturn the gamer and let him get up (but can be exploited I' not sure about that)

-IED

-weapons malfunctions

-particle effect with explosion (ground, parts of vehicle, etc)

I didn't see this in the OP, so here is one more :p

Server browser:

• Filtering of server names, mods, and/or missions you don't want to see on your server list. For example: Seeing only non-DayZ servers, either through a separate added filter (apart from what is current); or a minus sign or 'NOT' in front of the server name, mod and/or mission name.

please add the following

1. More enter-able houses buildings skyscrapers

2. larger cities deeper forests

3. PINE TREE FORESTS yes i played Operation Flashpoint , Arma 2 and your Pine Tree forests are best looking so realistic .

4. good quality of weapons i mean look at Arma 2 when you pick up winchester or shotgun it looks feels like a stick and sounds like fart :/

5. Final most important thing i know you making different setup location for the game like in Greece or something but really please make DLC or another map for middle europe like Ukraine Poland Czech i want that Stalker wibe map with cool pine tree forests abandoned buildings i love that you did in your past games !

I would like to see:

Ported buildings and foliage from Arma 2 and OA included in A3 (if not used in Limnos still ported so we can use them in custom maps):

Woodland foliage - pine trees, bushes, forests etc.

Chernarus buildings - Town hall, flats, houses etc.

Zargabad buildings - Mud huts, mosque, town hall etc.

Map ports would not be needed as it would be too much trouble and we could just replicate them by using the above features and different ground textures.

Or an inclusion on one of the first patches of these features would be nice.

There was a very useful feature in CWR where you could create a template mission using wizzard and then edit it with normal mission editor. In arma there still is wizzard but you seem to be unable to edit it. There are template missions in missions.pbo that wizzard uses but if you open them in editor, all the object, waypoints, triggers and markers are on same coordinates - same spot. So it is really difficult to work out what should go where.

It would be really nice to be able to edit wizzard created missions.

Suggestion 1 :

Direct Implementation of Laser Targeting Pods for Planes, Drones and Helicopters. (like the Mando camera system). Allowing to guide autonomously every kind of Laser guided Bombs and Missiles without the external need of Infantry using Soflam.

example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTFcmlbn1GQ&feature=related

Suggestion 2 :

fiber-optic camera guided missiles (like the Spike-LR) the gunner guide the missile via integrated camera, allowing to shot from behind Hills and obstacles :

example:

Edited by cychou

Single-player scenario wishlist:

All missions:

- Full briefing (may be skipped) by officer (animated when a.i.). When assuming officers/team leader role have the option to set waypoints.

- Alternate gear selection by officer/team leader only

- Selection of transport by officer/team leader only (Vehicles locked until designated).

1. Hostage rescue (random location/target/enemies):

- Random reaction of enemies to spotting blufor troops on-site (e.g. killing hostage/or surrendering).

- Transport hostage to home base/target location.

2. Patrol enemy territory (random location/enemies):

- Selection of transport by officer/team leader only (Vehicles locked until designated).

- Commence patrol in target area

- Random engagement with enemy or friendly troops

3. Forward Observer - Arial/Artillery Bombardment (random location/enemies):

Post-apocalypse theme is very popular in community. So help modders and user-made mission developers.

1. Add various types of anti radiation gas masks.

radiation-mask_opt.jpg

2. Add Geiger counter and radiation simulation.

primorjye-3.jpg

3. Maybe you will make EW mission sequel. In fact that one mission was better then whole red harvest campaign.

l_36a13bc1.jpg

Edited by Max Power
no all bold kthnx

use soft-body physics and realistic Plane simulation, just like with the TOH physics for the game, but same with planes