Sign in to follow this  
daman3

Russian Armory Package

Hello,

56473841.th.png

today I release this new weaponpack, where great care has been taken

to achieve realistic configurations of the contained weapons, instead of just randomly

throwing numbers in.

now your eastern special forces team of your choice have their specialized weapons and armor!

No need to use old AK74s anymore, since these new AK's with RIS/rail

systems and use of the newer 7N24 bullet (while maintaining the capability

to shoot the traditional AK74 rounds of your fallen enemies) are brought

to you because of their serious punch.

Since they are western made (Magpul AK), your western team can use them

too, to combat enemies deep behind enemy lines with high grade precision

weapons, without the danger of running out of ammo (since normal AK74

ammo is literally everywhere)

The .556 (M4 Ammunition) chambered version with a scope, is the ideal

solution for snipers who want to be able to engage targets at long range,

while also having the ability to engage targets at close range, hence the

automatic firemode selector.

89205127.th.png

For tight spaces the original russian Vityaz SN comes in extra handy.

Just point and shoot, like an MP5A6, only better because of its

higher firerate and longer (up to 220 yards) engage range.

95118613.th.png

And last but not least: RPG7s are weapons of the insurgents, thats why you

have to use the RPO-M Shmel on them and their light armor.

69623724.th.png

Hope you have fun.

Download Updated 29/1/2012: http://www.savefile.ro/m26ima7vvv8w/_Westernized_Russian_Weaponpack.7z.htm

50425379.th.png

Edited by DaMan3

Does your 7N24 have better (body) armor penetration capability in game than the default BIS ammo? Or is it just cosmetic?

Does your 7N24 have better (body) armor penetration capability in game than the default BIS ammo? Or is it just cosmetic?

It really does and you can test it out in the editor.

If you place the wooden target practise objects, you'll notice that the 7N24 does

penetrate up to 5 objects in a row, while the normal standart ammo only 3.

Over range the 7N24 is definitely more lethal.

And today I'll release an update of the addon with various bugfixes

containing the stability of this addon.

Link on the first post updated:

http://www.mediafire.com/?i3orsfhsivovz27

Edited by DaMan3

The ACE2 was integrated with 7N10(EP) and 7N22(AP) rounds too, but I wasn't tested them how their performance is. If 7N24 (SAP) can penetrate 5 objects, maybe the EP and AP are only 4s.

------

I've tested it several times, the firing sound of Vityaz SN and AK-001 are from BIS and not changed with sound mod. Maybe you should using the same firing and reloading sound configs from BIS Bizon PP-19 and AK-74 would be better? I love the idea when using 7N24 will adding extra kickback (same as ACE2 when using AP or EP, but 7N24 is looks too strong in my taste). And the reloading animation is not done yet. Could you make the 7N24 mag accepting with other 5.45 weapons as well?

Keep it up, I rather like this mod. :)

Edited by Dysta

RPG7s are weapons of the insurgents, thats why you

have to use the RPO-M Shmel on them and their light armor.

khm... There are not same kinds of weapon.

RPG - Ruchnoy Protivotankoviy Granatomyot (Manually-operated Antitank Grenade launcher)

RPO - Reaktivniy Pekhotniy Ognemyot (Jet (Reactive) Infantry Flame thrower)

Different weapons, different combat missions, different targets.

Edited by zickey

Thanks for the links!

khm... There are not same kinds of weapon.

RPG - Ruchnoy Protivotankoviy Granatomyot (Manually-operated Antitank Grenade launcher)

RPO - Reaktivniy Pekhotniy Ognemyot (Jet (Reactive) Infantry Flame thrower)

Different weapons, different combat missions, different targets.

Thats true, I got that mixed up.

Hey there, pretty darn cool weapons guys :).

I get an error about the .cfg though for the VityazKN (wooden version), saying no entry, and as I look at it with Squint I can't seem to find any mention of it either except for in the vehicles... Any advice?

Also can't seem to find the RPG you are mentioning anywhere in the files nor in the readme from the download.

Hey there, pretty darn cool weapons guys :).

I get an error about the .cfg though for the VityazKN (wooden version), saying no entry, and as I look at it with Squint I can't seem to find any mention of it either except for in the vehicles... Any advice?

Also can't seem to find the RPG you are mentioning anywhere in the files nor in the readme from the download.

Hello,

you are right, it seems the VityazKN and RPO launcher have not been included in the pack since the newest update in 2012.

But hope is not lost! Some weapons of the pack are still being upgraded, with the most recent one the Magpul AK!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20463

You can just easily replace the old da_magpulak files with the newer one from the pack upgrade above!

It won't even break missions as classnames have remained the same (except the scoped version) and even more variants have been added.

About the Vityaz-KN and RPO, I still have the files and will update them in the coming weeks!

Hello,

you are right, it seems the VityazKN and RPO launcher have not been included in the pack since the newest update in 2012.

But hope is not lost! Some weapons of the pack are still being upgraded, with the most recent one the Magpul AK!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20463

You can just easily replace the old da_magpulak files with the newer one from the pack upgrade above!

It won't even break missions as classnames have remained the same (except the scoped version) and even more variants have been added.

About the Vityaz-KN and RPO, I still have the files and will update them in the coming weeks!

Thanks, also nice job with the new updates, though I must say I prefer the black look to that green one. If you want to make it green I think you should work on making it either look more worn, or add a bit of camo to it :)

I'll add everything once the KN is ready then :)