Sign in to follow this  
pathetic_berserker

Signing clarification

In my most recent attemp to sign an addon with the 2.51 tools I received error mesages using both the cmd promt method and soner's Addon Signer GUI. The only method that seemed to work was to point BINpbo at my privatekey, but I'm still skeptical as I don't know what to expect from this method and it didn't produce any signature file as such.

Can anyone confirm this or do I assume I got something wrong?

What tool did you use to pack the addon to pbo?

Using the 2.51 build of BinPBO

Example from cmd promt

>dssignfile PAF.biprivatekey paf_stad_obj.pbo

Error decrption: 800900b: Key not valid for use in specified state.

CPAcquireContext failed

I had to remake keys as my originals got lost in one of the 2 rebuilds I've done over the last 2 years, so I'm guessing that it may be an issue with my new DSCreateKey. Using the Addon Signer GUI seems to be hit and miss as whether I can even export a key from the UI and has only given me errors if I try to sign a Bin'd.pbo

PS. Well I was guessing but have now tried a fresh download of DSCreateKey and DSsignFile, the problem still persists,

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

Hm my best guess at this point would be it is either your OS (try on 2nd computer)

or the pbo is faulty is some way (try a different pbopacker like eliteness).

Apears to be an OS issue, no dice with W7_64 or Vista_64 in varoius compatability modes but worked fine on the old Vistax86 laptop.

Any fix for this would still be appreciated

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

Sry to bump an old thread but this problem is still persisting for me, now for my Mi-24A. I tried dusting off the ol' 32 bit Vista laptop again, but now its also giving the same error messages. All tools used are from the 2.5.1 installation.

Mentioned problems were reported earlier in http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?66018-Addon-Sign-Issue

There are some references to outside sources, but no clear indication of fix.

There seems to be something wrong with the cryptography services of your OS, possibly related with 'master password' - Windows user password as far as I can see.

Are all service packs and windows updates installed?

Could you try changing your Windows password, through the official password change means? - CTRL+ALT+DEL, Change password.

Another reason seems to be when the used key is somehow not a biprivatekey, but a bikey. Have you tried generating a new key?

Thanks for the reply Sickboy, password hasn't changed, and tried generating new keys but it didn't solve the problem. Noticed in the link that armatec went so far as to reinstall his OS and the problem persisted so I'm fast losing hope. Oddly when I got around the issue last time it wasn't even on my machine or user, but I will try changing passwords, double check account settings and see what happens.