Sign in to follow this  
SAGEA

FlyBy View ????

Actually the flight dynamics of the Dodosim 206 in FSX far outshine what Bohemia have done here in TOH, but it is still growing on me.

flyby cam: an addaction command to exec an sqf 3 lines script binded to a key

yes I agree nice feature but added by default or not, you press a key and you get the flyby, same thing to me.

are you suggesting you know this code and can provide it (to me!) or is this more of an assumption?

Tkoh have a script already ingame called: cameras.sqf

Parameter(s):_this select 0: target vehicle

works with:

"static", "flyby", "attached"

So by using the addaction commande you can bind it to a key, and have your flyby cam

Edited by ocramweb

an addaction command to exec an sqf 3 lines script binded to a key

well, you copied what you posted earlier, but I still dont see this ;)

some persons participating in this thread are new to this community, aye?

a flight sims doesn't stand into a flyby cam, but more into the flight model simulation, if you do not see the difference with arma, I suggest to fly in arma as graphics are better.

flyby cam: an addaction command to exec an sqf 3 lines script binded to a key yes I agree nice feature but added by default or not, you press a key and you get the flyby, same thing to me.

I'm not sure what you mean as the translator you use has not put that into a form of english that makes sense.

All I can say is that every flight sim I have ever played has key bindings for a drop camera and a fly by camera.

Drop Camera

Upon Key press, it appears on the ground and tracks the players aircraft, it does not change position.

Fly by Camera

Upon Key press, it appears 500m in front of the aircraft and tracks the players aircraft, when the player is greater than 500m from the camera it respawns and repeats the process.

When the game is released there will be reviews and this is something that they will pick up on. Half the fun of flight sims is the ability to see your aircraft fly past. They should not expect 1st time players to have to program this into the engine themselves. It's a standard feature on flight sims.

Using the existing camera.sqf takes much more than 3 lines of code to do the above - if I am wrong please post it as it's something many will want to use. I have not tried it yet but can you actually fly while using the camera.sqf? I'm sure when I tried to do that in Arma2 I lost control and crashed.

Edited by PELHAM

Actually the flight dynamics of the Dodosim 206 in FSX far outshine what Bohemia have done here in TOH, but it is still growing on me.

Microsoft did not do DodoSim !

@Pelham/ now if you want to fly with a flyby cam as the normal view, it is normal you crash, What I told you several times, works! But use it as a flyby 4 or 5 sec no more.

Edited by ocramweb

Microsoft did not do DodoSim !

I never said that they did, WTF has that got to do with the price of fish.

that was your answer to post 25, that's why. I don't eat fish! only at poker ;)

That community is so sweet, have a nice time guys ...

Post 25 was your post, post 26 was mine and it said;

Where do I mention Microsoft in my post?

What does Microsoft have to do with the Dodosim 206 for FSX, nothing, but I never said it did in the first place.

So I ask again what the heck was the point of your response to what I said? Other than stating the obvious.

The simple fact is that what I said in post 26 is the truth, the Dodosim 206 flight dynamics are far far closer to real life than what we see here in the TOH beta. Lets see how much that changes with the full release tomorrow.

Edited by Andydigital

What does Microsoft have to do with the Dodosim 206 for FSX

Seriously?

Btw what I'm addressing is your attitude, considering TAKOH (relatively full sim with missions and outstanding scenery) costs less at release date than dodo sim (a single addon) costs at this date for a game/sim which you need separately.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Hi,

I guess the point here is that DoDoSim took many years to be developed and perfected with the input of the hovercontrol.com community, the dev team was doing nothing else, it was not using FSX physics libraries, (FSX+DoDoSim) it is more way more expensive than TOH, it flies in a dead flatish boring world (please don't talk about the add ons here, no FSX addon comes even close to Seattle in TOH), it does not have any missions in a context, no music, you can't do winch nor fast rope operations, you can't do visual inspections, the graphics stink compared to TOH, the graphics are by no means as optimized (anyone in FSX has ever got more than 30 FPS persistently???), you don't have many helicopters to choose from, there is no decent editor.

Is it enough or should I continue?

Make no mistake, I have been using Flight Simulator since Keith Virtual Helipad (RIP Keith), but to compare a single helicopter versus a full developed world is just ridiculous.

PS: that post may reflect the many years of frustration that Flight Simulator caused in me but now who cares, we have something better, long life to Take On Helicopters!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

In FSX:

you don't have many helicopters to choose from

But infinitely many more fixed wings :)

there is no decent editor (in FSX).

Disagree, but depends what you mean "editor". As a former FS panel designer and xml gauge programmer, I find the FS system a lot more flexible, powerful, and ease of production significantly better than trying to make these things for TAKOH. I.e. I made a fairly full simulation of Sandel SN3308 EHSI (for it's time) for a panel I made, complete with fully simulated panel functions that wasn't simulated in the sim (at that time at least). Even if I'm more current and proficient in Arma, I would have no idea where to begin such a project here.

Point is, the sims doesn't really compare. It's like comparing flight simming to formula one racing sims - they are both simulators, but with very different focus. Sure, of course we get a much detailed area to fly in, but where is the rest of the world? :) We get much better helicopters (addons excluded), but no fixed wing at all. We get an awesome mission editor and scripting possibilities, but we can't easily plug in new functionality to existing crafts (I obviously haven't tired yet, but I don't expect it). We have much better VFR capabilities at the sacrifice of completely lacking IFR capabilities.

They just don't compare. I left FS community too a a while back, not for frustrations over the sim itself (I don't need that much detail as an IFR wannabe :p), but more for the MS business model (allowing payware) that fueled the greed that would later poison the community.