Sign in to follow this  
steffj

mouse problems & joystick X65F

Hello.

My mouse is moving correctly until the game starts.

As soon as it's started i have no control on my cursor, i must use my keyboard to select options in game.

And once in flight,i can just control the helicopter with mouse and my joystick Saitek X65F do nothing at all.

I tryed to configure my joystick in game, i see movements in config page but do not keep it for flying.

mouse to fly.

Oh, i have Track IR last version and how do i use it in the game?

My english is probably not good but i do my best...

Help me please..

Steff.

Edited by steffj

First you have to look under the key bindings and remove the mouse under cyclic and bind the joystick there instead.

For Track IR, look under "Controllers" and enable Track IR. If this won't work you can manually enable it in your profile config file located under "C:\Users\Username\Documents\Take On Helicopters" and it's called "YourUserName.TakeOnHProfile". The line you have to change is "trackIR=0;", change it to "trackIR=1;".

Perfect for joystic and Track Ir !

Thanks su much for that !!

Now let's talk about my mouse.

Why my cursor is jamming on screen as soon as the game starts ?

I must go approximatively where she's supposed to be before clicking somewhere, i mean that i slide my mouse until i see my options going in black or red before pressing enter key to change my options but my cursor is always jammed in a corner of screen, not moving at all.

Thanks again for fast responding !

Steff.

Edited by steffj

I must go approximatively where she's supposed to be before clicking somewhere, i mean that i slide my mouse until i see my options going in black or red before pressing enter key to change my options but my cursor is always jammed in a corner of screen, not moving at all.

The X52 has a mouse-like control on the throttle; does the X65F have it as well? Perhaps it's being recognized as a mouse and constantly providing input? Have look at the Saitek options in Windows to see if some axis is always on; or try the same in the in-game controller configuration (active axes are highlighted).

Yes there is a mouse stick on my throtle but i don't know how to cancel it's function.

In windows 7, i found my joystick in properties but i can't modify joy functions.

My joystick has it's own pannel config but all i can do is just testing all functions but cannot cancel anything.

I see my mini mouse-stick moving in that program but that's all.

I will try to do a profile for the game but i'm not very good in "profiling "

(can we say that ?)

Is there a method to print all key functions of the game?

It would be easyer to make a profile for my joystick.

Edited by steffj

Is there a method to print all key functions of the game?

Using the saveJoysticks script command. In the editor place a unit on the map and in its initialization field put this command. Then preview the scenario. Your My Documents TKOH user folder should now contain a joysticks.cfg file with all controls mapped to your joystick.

Ok i'm getting tired now.

I have disconnected my joystick to see if the cursor of my mouse could move and still nothing.

The problem is not my joystick but something else.

Your game seems to be funny but all i do is passing my time to try to make my mouse working.

Could you simply refund me ?

I really have no fun since i pre-order that game.

I am not a programmer and it's too difficult for me to always try this or that and not flying anymore.

Sorry but i'm really boring to just configuring.

I will contact paypal to be refunded.

The problem is not my joystick but something else.

With your joystick disconnected, perhaps it's the mouse itself that is the problem? What mouse do you have?

Could you simply refund me ?

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Where did you purchase the game from? I presume you purchased it from our store. If that is the case, contact the store's support to ask for a refund. I do not believe PayPal will do it for you, unless I am mistaken.

I am using a microsoft wireless mouse.

I have another problem too..

Why if i do a free flight, everything is ok for manoeuvres and when i try a challenge, the heli is harder to fly ???

In the first challenge i must land to refuel at 3.x km and it's impossible,as soon as i land, the chopper goes alone backwards and crash itself.

I tryed a least 10 times same landings on the pad and always crash.

I fly helis since microsoft flight simulator exist and i never had as much problems to land as your game !

I do RC nito helis since 6 years and i can tell i'm a good pilot, i do loopings and name it...

I'm really sad because you have a very nice game but it seems being a bit buggy for now.

Am i the only one to have all these difficulties ?

I will try to find someone for checking my computer but i'm not sure that all problems comes from my system.

My FSX goes very well...settings are setted to harder to fly and no probs from this side ! (I fly the dodosim bell 206 for FSX that flies wonderful)

I will wait a few weeks to see if some corrections will be done for the game before really be refunded.

I'm just still sad for all hapening.

i have the beta but i do not have the difficulties you mention.

not much consolation to you that you may be alone in these difficulties. hope you have luck getting them sorted out. it's a real fun game to play and i trust the release will be even better.

Hi.

I have tryed 2 others mouse tests again.

1- I tryed another microsoft mouse wireless and same thing, when i click

somewhere the cursor does'nt move but will reappear where i have displaced

the mouse.

2- I tryed an old usb cable mouse and same thing again :-(

I really don't know what's wrong with my computer.

Snif !! :391:

Why if i do a free flight, everything is ok for manoeuvres and when i try a challenge, the heli is harder to fly ???

In the first challenge i must land to refuel at 3.x km and it's impossible,as soon as i land, the chopper goes alone backwards and crash itself.

It sounds as if you're either flying two different helicopters and don't realize it, or you're playing free flight on an easier difficulty setting than the challenges. Easier difficulty settings enable the feature called auto-trim, which automatically manages your trimming (go figure :p ). Harder difficulties disable this. Try messing around with your difficulty settings to get the experience you want.

So far, yes. :(

Ok.

Thanks very much.

I will try what you said higher..

I just still don't know what's wrong with my mouse...

It's the first time i have so much trouble with a game and controllers (mouse)

Sorry again for disturbing you all.

Steff.

Edited by steffj

You could try altering some settings in control panel / mouse. the same panel can be also found by double clicking the mouse from control panel/devices and printers. In some cases devices and printers is also pinned to start menu.

I would try the pointer options tab and if you have "enhance pointer precision", uncheck it.

If using "automatic move pointer/snap to", uncheck

the same with pointer trails and "hide pointer while typing"

I would also try removing cursor shadow in pointers tab.

I know you tried different mouses but if these wont help you could try updating or changing mouse drivers. This can be achived by selecting your mouse from the "control panel / mouse" hardware tab and pressing the properties button. In the panel that just opened, select driver tab and from there select update driver or possibly roll back to a previous driver. In fact you should check if you have the latest drivers for your joystick too since it has that mouse stick.

I would also try disabling windows themes.

Lowering hardware acceleration slider a notch in advanced display properties could also help. IIRC this should remove mouse hardware acceleration.

Thats about all I can cook up. I sure hope you get it working.

Using the saveJoysticks script command. In the editor place a unit on the map and in its initialization field put this command. Then preview the scenario. Your My Documents TKOH user folder should now contain a joysticks.cfg file with all controls mapped to your joystick.

I'm sorry but i don't understand where to go exactly.

Do i write "saveJoysticks script command" in "C:\Users\Username\Documents\Take On Helicopters"....?

Does someone could post simply write all commands keyboard here and i will try to do a profile joystick after ?

i'm really bad lucky but i try everything about my mouse,all you said to try and still stuck with it. I'm very sad.

Hiya steffj, sorry to see your having a lot of trouble. Regarding the editor...

When you are in game go into the Editor.

Once in the editor double click anywhere on the map to place a unit (you will get a window to pop up).

Within that window will be a small box and next to it will be the word "Initialization". Click within the box so you can type in there. Type "saveJoysticks".

Then press preview.

Now exit the game.

Next go to your My Documents folder. Then go to your TKOH folder and you will see a file called "joysticks.cfg". Double click on the file to open it. If it asks for a program to open it with use notepad.

You will now see a list of all controls that are mapped to your joystick.

Hope this helps mate!!

Btw, I am still downloading the game so if the above is wrong then can other community members correct it please.

Yesss !

I should be able to do something with your help !

Thanks so much !

For my mouse, i still have difficulties but i will suvive.

Thank so much again !

Steff.