Sign in to follow this  
HitmanFF

Tdm 08 flyby

For Take On Helicopters, a 4 vs 4 TDM map with two teams (OPFOR vs BLUFOR).

You have to land on a specific spot to change the flag's color and meanwhile prevent the other team from taking it. You get twin M134 miniguns to shoot down the enemy helicopters. One team gets the white light helis, the other teams gets the black ones.

You'll get an explanation how the scoring system works in the mission notes.

TDM_08_FLYBY1.jpg

The actual area you'll need to land at to capture the area (trees and buildings around, so be careful):

TDM_08_FLYBY2.jpg

For orientation the flag is in an area with three large masts, and the flag is also marked on the map:

TDM_08_FLYBY3.jpg

Download link

Have fun :)

You have an option to set it to TDM, so then only kills count. Default is 1 flag C&H though.

when you make it for seattle city, some flags above skyscrapers, some down to the ground, a dream would come true for me!

edit: i tried to get it to work. No luck. put the folder in documents/take on helicopter and tried it in mainfolder, then in a new mpmissions folder and so on...

Edited by JumpingHubert

so i tried hosting the map, but it seems i'm the only one able to get into a chopper. furthermore nobody can ride in my chopper and i also can't get out of the chopper.

The idea is that you (re)spawn flying in a helicopter, without the option to get out (since walking in and out of the capture area would defeat the map's idea of needing to have flying skills to actually capture the area). Did you host the map or run it on a dedicated server?

The idea is that you (re)spawn flying in a helicopter, without the option to get out (since walking in and out of the capture area would defeat the map's idea of needing to have flying skills to actually capture the area). Did you host the map or run it on a dedicated server?

where i have to put the pbo? A short hint would be nice

i tried it in

-documents/take on helicopters/mpmissions

-documents/take on helicopters other profiles/nickname/mpmissions

-take on helicopters/addons

-take on helicopters

-take on helicopters/mpmissions

no luck

Edited by JumpingHubert

where i have to put the pbo? A short hint would be nice

i tried it in

-documents/take on helicopters/mpmissions

-documents/take on helicopters other profiles/nickname/mpmissions

-take on helicopters/addons

-take on helicopters

-take on helicopters/mpmissions

no luck

The PBO should go in your mpmissions folder within the main install directory.

The one in your documents folder is mainly for your own missions and tend to be loose files within the your mission named folder and not a PBO version.

The PBO should go in your mpmissions folder within the main install directory.

The one in your documents folder is mainly for your own missions and tend to be loose files within the your mission named folder and not a PBO version.

nope.avi

Missions in MPmissions folder in the main folder of the game won't get recognized by the dedicated server.

There are several problems with home made missions. One is that the MPMissions folder isn't read properly (ticket in CIT here, work around described here), and there seems to be an issue with functions not always working as expected (I've experienced it late last night when I tried this map on a dedicated server, and there's another report here).

I've made a very basic map before which did work as expected (intro running for all players), and I haven't had time yet to determine what preconditions are to make it work. Won't be able to test things until mid next week...

I tried something:

unpacked the pbo with pbo-view and put the folder named tdm_08_flyby.United_States_H into documents/Take on Helicopters other profils/own name/mpmissions

Now i am able to host your small nice mpmission. Do i have permission to host?

Do i have permission to host?
You most definitely do. The whole purpose is to host it and reuse whatever you find useful in the mission ;)