Sign in to follow this  
lNTRUDER

CO10 Suburban Hell (by ]NTRUDER)

Time for my first TOH release :p

I really think BIS did a great job on the helicopters in this game, but this co-op mission has nothing to do with flying ;)

Now with helicopter action as well :D

Story:

You are part of the Seattle P.D. Special Taskforce and have been assigned the task to clean out the suburbs from heavily armed and dangerous criminal gangs.

You have 4 objectives which all need to be completed to ensure that peace and stability return to the suburban residents.

Mission features:

-Urban combat with rifles, pistols, hand grenades etc

-Light and Medium helicopters armed with Miniguns and rockets

-CLY heal/bandaging system

-UPS patrol script

-Police and enemy vehicles carry extra weapons and ammo

subhell4.jpg subhell5.jpg subhell7.jpg

Download link (v.1.40):

CO10 Suburban Hell

As always, have fun! :D

Edited by ]NTRUDER
new version #2

I'd strongly recommend at least to add a sheriff helicopter circling the area ;)

yeah... what's the big idea? WE WANT HELOS! =D Though good for you that you've actually made a mission for our enjoyment!

That does it, the full version of the game will not allow saving missions in the editor without at least one helicopter present ;)

the full version of the game will not allow saving missions in the editor without at least one helicopter present ;)

Well, everyone needs a helicopter explosion at the start of a mission.

ArbitraryHeli setDamage 1

:cool:

I was going to suggest placing a heli out in the ocean, but that works too. :D

Haha, thx for the suggestions guys :)

But actually, there are some choppers in my mission - I just said it has nothing to do with flying :)

At this point in the beta you first need to extract the .pbo using something like PboView.

Next, if you want to run the mission on your own hosted server then place the extracted folder (in this case named "CO10_Suburban_Hell_100.United_States_H") in the mpmissions folder in C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Take On Helicopters Other Profiles\<profile name> folder. (you must first create the mpmissions folder)

For dedicated server use, please check this thread.

Good luck ;)

Mission updated! :)

Changes in version 1.20:

-Added Light and Medium helicopters armed with Miniguns and rockets

-Added CLY heal/bandaging system

-Added enemy MG offroads

-Changed starting position to Husky Stadium

@Gaia

I added a sheriff helicopter just for you ;)

/ ]NTRUDER

So this is what you was working on (It's Karlos, I already had an account! :P)

The mission looks really good! I think that more helis should be added and given duties such as medical rescue, transport and recon :D

So for example, the user in the sheriff heli relays info to the ground troops and marks safe zones for medevac and insertion.

New version out :)

Changelog v.1.30:

-Removed respawn on Team leader (did not work as intended)

-Added more helicopters, both armed and default versions (incl. Sheriff and Ambulance)

-Added URL map hint (since clients were not able to see objective markers on ingame map) Horrible workaround, I know :D

Thanks to Karlos for being helpful with playtesting. And for putting up with my anti-chopper skillz.

/ ]NTRUDER

Mission updated! :)

Please excuse me mods, but this is not another lame bump attempt :o I actually found a way around an issue which might have been frustrating for mission makers on my level and below :rolleyes:

Changelog v.1.40:

-Respawn problem fixed (by creating respawn marker via trigger after init)

-Map markers and objectives can finally be seen by clients (by "painting" the markers which were already there, via trigger shortly after spawn)

-All armed helicopters will no longer lose their Miniguns and rockets if destroyed

-Wind speed reduced

Mission is running on [XSYS] Sweden dedicated server for those who want to try it.

/ ]NTRUDER

i visited a couple of times, thanks :)

*update

I noticed myself and one other person have issue with not seeing the map markers when joining mission in progress.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Thanks DirtyDeeds, I have noticed this too and will try to correct it :)

Note to self: Heal system needs to be fixed as well.

Btw, your server is running smoothly as far as I can tell, thanks for hosting =)

takeonh2011102014413546.th.png

what loading into CO10 Suburban Hell looks like :rolleyes:

yeah, I am familiar with using the -server switch and using configs to control the server environment. I wish I could offer more dedicated hardware to run the server, so I just do what I can instead. Both the client and server exe are running off my desktop hardware. high speed DSL connection.

Is that really how Take On's map looks from the ground?

Better than OFP and that's enough for me. I want it for ArmA

Alot better than OFP, but rightly so 10 years on...

I landed at a golf course last night on the 7th green I think. Those greenkeepers need to be sacked!! There was tufts of grass all over the place not unlike the picture in Dirtydeeds post above! :p

at first thanks for the nice mission & your server. Would be great to set the flight difficulty/model on expert on your server. Its way more agile on all axes.

Can't connect to your sever dirtydeeds... says unable to connect... i jump on the Sweden server which is running this map

I dont know. I have 5 ppl on right now. throughout the day I typically have 1-4 ppl on.

Server is running 1.01.85628. Versions other than Sprocket-patch2 may disconnect, i see it happen often.

18:52:23 david uses modified config file - 1.00

18:53:14 Player david is losing connection

18:54:34 Player david disconnected

btw, I modified Surburban Hell on my server to include time of day/weather parameters and a practice course :D

the mission has _DD suffix ;)

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

-Ziggy-;2043089']I dont know. I have 5 ppl on right now. throughout the day I typically have 1-4 ppl on.

Server is running 1.01.85628.

hrmmm I have the second patch installed... just reinstalled it for the hell of it and tried to connect.. still no luck!

wierd

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

well i've tried.. running patch 1... and patch 2.. i open your sever.. its cuts to a load screen for 3 seconds and then a box pops up saying "Unable to connect".

Must be another bug.. i'm running 1.01.85628 .. guess i'll have to wait untill release to get back onto your server.