Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arma 2: Free - game freezes when trying to join a MP game

Arma 2: Free - game freezes when trying to join a MP game

I am currently having a strange issue with Arma 2 Free. inb4 must be a hardware/driver problem, the game runs fine single player and everything. When I go to multiplayer and try to join a server, the game just freezes and I have to ctrl+alt+del out and close the not responding Arma 2 Free. Everything works great until the instant I double click on any server I want to join, and I have tried many, the game just totally freezes (but I can still move the cursor around)

Please, any help or ideas would be appreciate, I have no clue what the problem could be.
    Last edited by Foxhound; Oct 6 2011 at 08:00. Reason: title changed

Quote Originally Posted by sil3nst View Post
    I am currently having a strange issue with Arma 2 Free. inb4 must be a hardware/driver problem, the game runs fine single player and everything. When I go to multiplayer and try to join a server, the game just freezes and I have to ctrl+alt+del out and close the not responding Arma 2 Free. Everything works great until the instant I double click on any server I want to join, and I have tried many, the game just totally freezes (but I can still move the cursor around)

Please, any help or ideas would be appreciate, I have no clue what the problem could be.
    Firewall settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Firewall settings?
    Arma 2 Free is allowed in Windows 7 firewall.

Welcome

Please note the rules:

┬ž22) Use descriptive thread titles
    If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first. Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..." are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.
    Since you are new here I changed it for you but next time please spend a little time yourself making a proper topic title!
    Visit Armaholic.com | Visit Carriercommandaholic.com

Public FTP available, just check the Armaholic.com FAQ.

HMM........wonder what it is huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    Welcome

Please note the rules:

Since you are new here I changed it for you but next time please spend a little time yourself making a proper topic title!

I can see that you are not in any way interested in helping with my problem....

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

AGAIN
    Please help me solve this problem. I am interested in buying arma 2 but if I can't even get the play4free demo then whats the point? SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEYRE TALKING ABOUT, NOT SOME CAREFREE RULE NAZI, PLEASE HELP ME.

1. Try disabling the firewall and any antivirus software completely, see if that helps.
    2. Stop being such a dick.

Gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3 Motherboard | Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.0GHz | NVidia GeForce GTX770 4GB
    16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz RAM | Kingston HyperX SSD | ASUS Xonar D2X
    sound | be Quiet! 700W PSU | Windows 7 x64

Like I said before, it is completely allowed in windows firewall. It works fine except when I try to join a server, then the game just freezes. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off as belligerent, it's just this faggot came along like "yeah I don't care, should have titled your thread something more relevant." Whatever dude, too late. I just wanna get this game working and I might consider buying it.

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

Will I have to post multiple threads under multiple accounts to get an answer (because I will, please appreciate my willingness to play this game because with any other I would have given up)? Please tell me why it freezes right when I try to join a server. Might it be a problem with your proprietary battleye service? I just don't understand this. I play so many other games but only this one locks up.. It is excepted in my firewall, everything is a o.k. network and hardware wise. So why does it freeze when I try to join a server? It works good on my laptop, which is running windows xp, but not on my desktop here which is running win7 sp1.

Bit of a longshot. Are you running game as admin? If not you might need to

Dude I have tried everything such as that. I'm at wits end here, which is why I have come to you. If you can't help me with this... well then, better uninstall and never bother with a bohemia game again. The customer is always right, right? Well, this time I don't know if I'm wrong and I need help. Please make some effort to help me and STOP PATRONIZING ME. I have made my problem clear, lets skip these silly semantics. Please, I really want to play this on my new pc.

Can you provide the complete hardware specs of your computer, including motherboard and NIC?

Also, which antivirus program do you use?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast