Sign in to follow this  
myshaak

X: Rebirth

The difference to Opera is, the new browser is attractive to me. What I'm missing is better possibilities to organize Bookmarks and Quick access bar. But X got slaughtered and crippled so much and the rest is buried in UI hell, it's not useful and funny at all.

Forget it Dwarden, too many radical and wrong changes cannot be undone.

This guy is right about XRB:

Yeah. Probably 7 years of work and a new Rebirth. I must say my heart is bleeding, really.

There's a Bernd statement (in German) already, but hey. Will fix bugs, some minor changes here and there. http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=349205

That video was funny. Tragic but funny

Recommendation for long term project: I prefer X3 AP for the sandbox simply because of bigger map. Also good: X3 with rebalanced Mod (XRB).

Recommendation for long term project: I prefer X3 AP for the sandbox simply because of bigger map. Also good: X3 with rebalanced Mod (XRB).

Went and got the X3 Gold box, was only £20 too!

Dan;2558994']So what would you guys recommend for some long term gaming? X3 or XR?

I would recommend X3 Terran Conflict.I bought X3 AP but haven't played much,TC is still my favorite and I'm not even running too many mods.It has proper trading where you don't have to babysit freighters.You could setup loop methods for your station traders and you could train universal ones for juicy income.Also the fleet commands it's light years ahead of what you would find in X:R.The only problem in X3TC/AP is to outfit a capital ship with all the goodies,but other than this the old games beat X:R in every department with the exception of universe design so let's say the exploration part really sucked in previous games.

So if you want proper trading,fleet commands,multiple ships with different handling,lots of equipment and building wherever you want X3/TC/AP is the stuff you're looking for.If you want a failed console game that no one wanted and they had to return to the board and make it for pc you get X:R.

It's this playable without a joystick?, i mean, the x3 series.

Yes, without problems

X 3 was good, but I simly stoped playing at some point. It became boring. And I didn´t even have a CapShip yet.

Yes, it's sad but we always had some mods that give us cockpit. I will buy Rebirth if the review are good. They took so long time to develop it, I hope it will be a good X. A lot of people are scared about the one ship you can control. We'll what's going with that.

Believe me..

Been a tycoon-owning factories and armadas in lots systems..i had got-in-the-skin of the tycoon- seeing my factories piloting a collective-piece racing little ship-or

the uber luxurious "Yacht of Pontifex Paranidia" (the guy's name).or..or..or..

I think that really does the difference.

Beyond that..this game is pure science (technology wise) + eye candy for demanding players

*I remember in past games of the series..i spend a full winter day/night building my empire.

Dan;2558994']So what would you guys recommend for some long term gaming? X3 or XR?

I wouldn't recommend X3:Reunion... not that it is bad, it certainly isn't, but Terran Conflict introduced some features making the game more (gasp) accessible. For example, in TC you see an icon next to a station indicating that there is a mission waiting and what kind of mission it is, in Reunion you had to board stations to check their bulletin board to check whether there even was any mission available. So, as a result, in TC you can make some money much faster.

There were many more subtle improvements, but this one is my favorite.

Although I clocked a lot of time in TC, I haven't played Albion Prelude, so I can't comment on that. You guys who have played it, would you recommend it over TC? Any major features TC is missing?

I wouldn't recommend X3:Reunion... not that it is bad, it certainly isn't, but Terran Conflict introduced some features making the game more (gasp) accessible. For example, in TC you see an icon next to a station indicating that there is a mission waiting and what kind of mission it is, in Reunion you had to board stations to check their bulletin board to check whether there even was any mission available. So, as a result, in TC you can make some money much faster.

There were many more subtle improvements, but this one is my favorite.

Although I clocked a lot of time in TC, I haven't played Albion Prelude, so I can't comment on that. You guys who have played it, would you recommend it over TC? Any major features TC is missing?

X3R - why not? Graphically - it's the same as X3TC, although the UI is slightly different but handling it shouldn't be a problem. I can recommend Reunion for all who haven't touched X3 yet. For plot only - yes, it's not a long plot but it can be fun, additionally you will learn there a few basics.

TC doesn't have any tutorial but in my opinion it's the most developed part of game, really good solution there, great for looong hours of empire building and such. When you spend a few hours in vanilla you can update your game with XRM mod (you simply can't miss it on Egosoft official forums), the mod adds a plenty of fixes, additions, rebalances, new lore compliant ships - making this game AS IT SHOULD BE. I'm participating and testing this mod since it's very early version known as (Ship Rebalance Name), it's very well designed and fixed, all made by one guy and huge community response. I'd gladly pay for this shit :)

X3AP, I played a while both vanilla and XRM mod. It has a few improvements over TC like larger hud, Out Of Sector Combat calculations etc... Nevertheless the plot is really boring it's fight fight fight. Fight's get big and heavy, processor load is tremendous. As soon when sector's cleared the party starts anew, mindless :/ There's been a one or two community patches released as official and they bring new plots and stuff, but I haven't played these plots yet.

I wasn't really big in AP because I do trading on the side and many of my long run traders got lost in war and I was losing millions and without trader support my military operation was underfunded constantly.

But if you're into fighting exclusively - go for AP. But if you prefer trading, manufacturing or more balance between war/trade go for TC (and don't mind checking that mod I mentioned ;) )

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

It seem like the truth is revealed here...

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=349638

Their project was meant to be a yet another console turd, while something went wrong and maybe publisher turned down and they decided to wrap up the turd and sell it as PC game, otherwise they would suffer financial loss and loss of work due to scrapped down project.

Damn, they should have told this to fans. Tell openly they are in deep shit and in need of financial help on kickstarter. I had known they were up for proper X3 successor - X4 on kickstarter I'd have donated as much as current rebirth price. If not kickstarter then Early Access on Steam...

Nevertheless seems like they are pretty shameless about this PHAT LOOT they amassed from preorders. Here are words of CEO Bernd

I would like to say how amazed we all are here by the huge success of the game. Number one on Steam for several days in a row at this time of year when the big hitters come out... wow, we never expected that. It's crazy to see that more than 10,000 people are playing our game at any one time on Steam (even more if you include those who are in offline mode). Madness!

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=349253

I guess in the scheme of things, and given that new game forums are ALWAYS flooded with release bitching, it seems to be a success. 10,000 at any given time playing their game puts the couple of hundred complainers on the forums into some perspective.

I haven't bought it yet, not really enough time, but it's still on my wanted list.

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

Mmm. Maybe not :)

Ouch, think I'll skip it then, real shame :(

10,000 at any given time playing their game puts the couple of hundred complainers on the forums into some perspective.

ArmA 3 had similar figures close to release, but where is it now?

90% of those numbers are just lemmings, like always. Anyone remember Payday 2 release? And who plays it today?

PS:

Chris Roberts: Hey Egosoft, wanna have 5 Million from my humongous $-pool to fuck up your game?

Egosoft: Challenge accepted!

If there wasn´t so much xbox in it that´d be the reason i´d expected :D

if you not happy with X:R i suggest to take look at Starpoint Gemini 2 (Early Access now) ...

+DEVs promised me they will work on better freelook camera :)

Their project was meant to be a yet another console turd, while something went wrong and maybe publisher turned down and they decided to wrap up the turd and sell it as PC game, otherwise they would suffer financial loss and loss of work due to scrapped down project.

Damn, they should have told this to fans. Tell openly they are in deep shit and in need of financial help on kickstarter. I had known they were up for proper X3 successor - X4 on kickstarter I'd have donated as much as current rebirth price. If not kickstarter then Early Access on Steam...

Aren't you going too far? I don't see much more than assumptions

EDIT: I meant in the thread about the failed console port at egosoft

Edited by dontknowhow

Hehe, in spite of the rancorous venom spewing to volcanic proportions -I still like this game :p

Sure, the interiors are lame and the trading and economy wonky with some of the worst character models I have ever see -but there is much I still enjoy and I think this guy best articulates: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=350513&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I always played AP. It has the larger map which I like. It has stock market. If you have both, I think you play TC only if you don't do sandbox, but search for missions. I heard TC has more of them. In the game mechanics itself AP has more to offer. I play it with X Rebalanced mod and I'm happy. Will install again, after that Rebirth-Desaster.

+DEVs promised me they will work on better freelook camera :)

I hope so. But I doubt they can easily do this easily...

I always tell "look at how Arma does it" beceause I love to press ALT and freelook. And ALT in Rebirth should be unassigned. In TC/AP ALT was zooming (which, of course has been removed like millions of other good features)

I don't think it's just drama queens and lemmings complaining here. First PC mags like Gamestar and PC Games (.de) already publish unfriendly reviews. Egosoft forum has many veterans and mod makers, who already don't use any friendly words any more.

I already lost my interest because hope is just too far away. With ArmA it was a different case. Much more complete, not so much content, but it will definitely be a successor to ArmA 2 one day (multiplayer wise).

With XRB the sad part is, this is not just about bugs, but basically wrong decisions (from my POV).

Edited by tortuosit

Wow huge shitstorm everywhere you look around. Most players which are disappointed are the die hard fans which came from the beginning of X series. They are the ones that are ranting the most. A player new to the series won't even grasp all the ranting that's going on because he most probably has never played any former game of the X series. Well I've read enough and I gonna skip X: Rebirth for sure. Maybe one day if the bugs have been fixed I might reconsider . . . maybe.

No, less likely you will go back to Rebirth after time, no one will.

More promising titles like Elite Dangerous & Star Citizen are on the way, so why bothering with one broken and buggy game? I doubt if it's that good that is worth coming back.

I bet that after one year X R will be bundled to some computer game magazines. Many of such games end like this.

Hello everyone

was reading a lot on Steam forums about the post release. What a huge shitstorm over there. people are freaking out and bashing egosoft for Rebirth non stop. A lot less of shitstorm on the egosoft forums and I must admit I feel some kind of sorry for the devs. I have all X games apart from Albion which was Steam exclusive only and therefore I didn't purchase it . . . the same as with Rebirth. Egosoft reminds a lot to BIS. Releases are always critical and it takes them month after4release to get all the bugs fixed. I would have purchased every game of them but unfortunately they decided as well to go Steam exclusive only.

@Sudayev

Well I personally believe that Rebirth will be fixed and brought up to standards. What most of the die hard fans complain about is that it's a different game as it has been advertised by Egosoft, apart from all the bugs and flaws. Once it'll get fixed and the game mechanics will work I believe it's going to be an awesome game. It's not advisable to compare Rebirth to all former X games since it's a complete new game. I believe that people new to the game will have less problems to accept it as they don't know how the former games were.

cheers :)

It's not advisable to compare Rebirth to all former X games since it's a complete new game. I believe that people new to the game will have less problems to accept it as they don't know how the former games were.
They shouldn't have named it X then. This is almost the same as the FPDR case, the only difference is that FPDR was developed by other company than it's predecessor (in name), which makes the X:Rebirth case even more sad.

If they'll improve the trading AI and you won't have to micromanage them to the point where your freighter captain will ask you what pants to wear or if he should press the red button or the blue one,then and only then trading will be better.Ok,I can't have my old empire back,but having even 5-7 freighters the level of micromanaging is insane with these fools.

If they'll also extend the commands for your fleet it will also be a big improvement.We also were promised lots of upgrades for that doped-up M3 Albion Skunk with different interiors and so on.

If I'm about to spend the rest of my space oligarch ass life in that dinghy I expect some variation,maybe crew quarters,captain room,engine room.I surely don't want to see the same cockpit and cargo area all the time.

One thing I liked in Mass Effect was how I could visit these areas in my ship and see my minions...ehh crew at work.True it was a frigate,but Albion Bucket was supposed to be closer to a corvette,not a fighter.

Also no one asked every station to have a different interior,but the lack of variation in there and npcs screams extreme laziness.Having about 10 different layouts and even 10 npcs faces for every gender will be a huge improvement to what we have now.

Imo extra content,hell maybe 2-4 pilotable ship dlc or at least extend Skunk,some serious(really and dead serious) AI overhaul and a lot more commands for trading and commanding your fleet will make this game good for me.Otherwise nothing will bring it from the "fail corner".

We expected something different,but I doubt whack-a-mole shooter in space was the grand vision.

haha, thanks DM I loved that review video, nothing better than a Geordie going for it on a rant :)

The "paying £40 to a tramp" analogy is priceless.

Have to say the police ships with siren sounds was a bit ..... "WTF??" for me too.

Edited by mrcash2009

Never, and will never be. It's sad.