Sign in to follow this  
KosPilot

Cockpit features

In all the videos and screenshots I've seen so far from the ToH MD500, the FUEL SHUTOFF CONTROL is set to CLOSED! Starting up the helicopter or even do a fuel drain would not be possible unless that knob is pushed all the way IN.

If I would happen to see that during real flight, I would get a friggin' stroke :eek:

Developers, would you please correct this oversight.

fuelclosed.jpg

Edited by KosPilot

My whole cockpit dissapears every now and again during flight. So far I think it happens when lightning strikes, but I'm not completely sure about that. When it happens, it's like a second without the cockpit, and then back again. During this I can still perfectly see my terain and all that.

Hope I'm not highjacking the thread, only one I could see pertaining to the cockpit at first glance :)

My whole cockpit dissapears every now and again during flight. So far I think it happens when lightning strikes, but I'm not completely sure about that. When it happens, it's like a second without the cockpit, and then back again. During this I can still perfectly see my terain and all that.

This happens to me to both in TKOH and ARMA2/OA. To me it seems totally random, nothing to do with lightning. It looks like the disappearing lasts longer in TKOH (almost a second) than in ARMA (split of second).

Very hard to reproduce though.

I'm getting the exact same bug, but I don't think it's related to lightning. I've only had it occur in the Mercenary demo mission, while flying over dense vegetation. No idea how to reproduce it, though. :(

I can confirm it too. Very random. I've captured it, at time about 1:32 you can see cockpit disappear.

Same for me. Happend in Arma 2 aswell, but more often in this.

And i hope someone makes a mod/new chopper without the "stained" cockpit-glass. And what's the deal with the scratches in the glass? Love the MD500, where i can look out on the sides and see the world... clearly :yay:

My whole cockpit dissapears every now and again during flight.

Yeah i get this as well. even when there is no lightning. i havent actually seen lightning in this game.

In all the videos and screenshots I've seen so far from the ToH MD500, the FUEL SHUTOFF CONTROL is set to CLOSED! Starting up the helicopter or even do a fuel drain would not be possible unless that knob is pushed all the way IN.

If I would happen to see that during real flight, I would get a friggin' stroke :eek:

Developers, would you please correct this oversight.

I vote new cockpit clickable :)

yeah, much to simplistic for a ''sim'', more interaction on to the cockpit, reset altitude indicator to zero with knob, ability to switch music off, fuel, carb heat, warning lights test button, apu, gen, ....

Another thing is that in-cockpit rotor shadow flickering at full RRPM (Rotor RPM). In real, at full RRPM you would not be able to see the shadow created by your rotorblades. In my opinion it's actually quite annoying. Rotor shadows at low RRPM would be OK.

I would suggest removing main rotor shadow over a certain RRPM.

While on the subject, as developers you have the responsibility to reduce the chance of Video game-induced seizures (VGS). Various forms of monitor flicker is what is thought to trigger such seizures.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

-and the helo cockpit disappears/reappears frequently for me as well (GTX570 SOC).

I would suggest removing main rotor shadow over a certain RRPM.

[...]and the helo cockpit disappears/reappears frequently for me as well

In the latest version, the shadows are no longer drawn when the blades are spinning at full throttle.

As for the cockpit disappearing, I've only encountered that when my frame rate dipped below 20-15 fps, and not for a good few weeks, but we'll take a look. :)

Best,

RiE

@ RiE

My rig is not the fastest one. My framerate is between 15-20 so you're most likely on to something there.

Thank you for the reply :)

@ RiE

My rig is not the fastest one. My framerate is between 15-20 so you're most likely on to something there.

Thank you for the reply :)

I have the same. Usually pretty low FPS and have the cockpit disappearing shortly every few minutes or so.

In the latest version, the shadows are no longer drawn when the blades are spinning at full throttle.

As for the cockpit disappearing, I've only encountered that when my frame rate dipped below 20-15 fps, and not for a good few weeks, but we'll take a look. :)

Best,

RiE

with arma2oa i also have sometimes below 20, but the cockpit never diapears. may you can cross check this ? i also have this diaapearing cockpit :D

but so far a great game ;)

Hope I'm not highjacking the thread, only one I could see pertaining to the cockpit at first glance :)

I've seen this too. Quite a few times.

As I mentioned above, it happens to me but it doesn't seem to matter what my frame rates have been (when I have been able to play which hasn't been for a few days :(). In comparison with Arma 2 or, Arrowhead or Combined OPs, the cockpit for any vehicle or helo/airplane has NEVER disappeared on me.

Computer Specs as follows:

Intel Q6600 oc 3.2ghz

6gb ram

nVidia 580 GTX

Win 7 64bit

1920x1080 LG

nForce 680i LT SLI mobo

650w Gaming PSU

Latest Drivers and updates for everything as well.

don't think there's a carburetor in any of the featured helicopters because they're all turbine.

well spotted, not saying carb heat on features ones but as nobody start on turbine, we ll have to bring r22 47g s300 , I meant more action onto the cockpit that have direct effect to the flight will be nice , like not defrosting the pitot or not switching the gen or apu ... could affect the flight for example ;)

not much here on the featured ones, an ELT to switch on , a transponder to ident will give nice possibilities in game as well as the ability to set the altimeter to zero ( ie: for some building top sling ops) ...etc..

I vote for more interaction with the cockpit as flying is not only to push a cyclic. imo.

.. I forgot an inside cockpit light too

...one other minor thing: is it just me, or is the wet compass turning the wrong direction (in turns ;-).....?

Kai

ELT could also have an armed mode - auto on !canMove (loss of rotor due hard landing etc).

Not sure what transponder ident would do, as there is no real ATC and probably also no transponder.

Not sure about altimeter pressure setting. The flight simmer in me screams hell yes, but I kinda fail to see the purpose. No barometric pressure to concern us with in the first place, and I noticed at least one of the chopper had a radar altimeter. Not sure if this reacts correctly to buildings and craft attitude though.

There is a lot of functionality I would like to have related to dialing (i.e. OBS course or heading indicator bug) using the mouse wheel, but that is kinda fully occupied with the action menu already. With no mouse wheel accessible, I have no idea how to construct a good GUI for it.

Haven't checked the compass, but I can't imagine they modeled in turn based compass latency (can't recall the correct wordings for this one atm). I would hope they got the indicators correct this time around, being a sim :) A2/OA was a mess you wouldn't believe.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

thats why I said for Elt, so we can have SAR

a transponder in cockpit will allow us to make the ATC addons ;)

While on the subject, as developers you have the responsibility to reduce the chance of Video game-induced seizures (VGS). Various forms of monitor flicker is what is thought to trigger such seizures.

Crack smoking is not allowed here. If you get VGS, do not play the game.

-X

Really, you sure about that? This seems like a problem your end and no fault of the developers...