Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 85101

download to test then.

Am I the first?

I played an hour or two of domination with this beta tonight.

General perfomance still seems very good.

* AI seems to run through buildings and fences much more than they used to before 85015. This was when I first noticed it was happening significantly more often. Not to say it didn't occur much before that point...I know it has been a topic of discussion in this beta patch forum.

* Using only the client side patch..I did notice some serious AI position updates which equated to massive warps at one point. It will be interesting to see if anyone else experiences these things. Perhaps this last issue was a server issue as it was running 1.59.

All in all..still very impressed. I didnt test the new function update.....

Thanks again Devs for the effort.:)

You Have: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor

You Have: 3.2 GB

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

You Have: ATI Radeon HD 5700

PASS

Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card

Required You Have

Video RAM 896 MB 1.0 GB

Hardware T&L Yes Yes

Pixel Shader version 3.0 3.0

Vertex Shader version 3.0 3.0

DirectX version

Recommended: DirectX 9.0c

You Have: 9.0c

PASS

Free Disk Space

Recommended: 20 GB

You Have: 496.9 GB

PASS

Played it online last night... everything was really smooth but I'm still getting loads of graphical glitches.. If you want I can take some screenshots.. at what seems like random points on the map I get the pointy looking textures that stretch and are slightly see through.. some units have reall bad really hard to see through spiky artefacts.. although its a lot better.....

With this beta, I got two CTD's when using the UAV terminal in multiplayer. After the second crash I changed to another slot and the server player changed to mine (Team Leader, has a portable UAV terminal). The same crash happened for him a few minutes later.

Dump file and RPT send to Dwarden, just wanted to mention it here in case someone can reproduce the issue.

Is it just me ... or does this seem a little more jerky than the last beta ?

Units in my group don't want to follow orders they just look through their binocs most of the time or just sit there and not move. They will not re-join formation. It seems like something is terribly wrong with the players AI group members. Very frustrating indeed.

Anyone else noticed anything like this?

MORE: I'm leaving them behind and when ordered to return to formation they just dick around there in the background and never come forward. Like they are shit scared of the enemy. This is after giving them STEALTH and HOLD FIRE orders. After that they seem stupid and stuck in those orders.

Edited by twirly
Added more.

I also noticed the AI getting stuck with binoculars, very much like the old handgun animation stuck bug, after I got them to drop the binoculars they started moving again.

I also noticed the AI getting stuck with binoculars

They're looking at me...looking at guys on their own side 20 metres away that you clearly don't need binoculars for. Standing up ....looking..... kneeling down....looking.... and basically not doing shit else!

That's an awful lot of looking while we're trying to conduct a friggin' assault!

They are certainly not following me or my orders anymore!

EDIT: Move orders are being essentially...for all intensive purposes ignored. Sometime they will move...other time just seem to cower around me. Methinks the AI is properly buggered now. Good job!

Edited by twirly

I get them looking a lot through binocs in the beta two builds ago (84984?), so I don't think it's new in the 85xxx builds.

I get them looking a lot through binocs in the beta two builds ago (84984?), so I don't think it's new in the 85xxx builds.

Same here.

So has anyone worked out what other changes where made since 85032 that would effect AI behaviour?

Possibly changed FSM priorities might cause this.

Maybe the FSM doing the binoc move needs to be revised - this might already be in place but we might not be getting it with betas, since data fixes are only rolled out with full patches.

Units in my group don't want to follow orders they just look through their binocs most of the time or just sit there and not move. They will not re-join formation. It seems like something is terribly wrong with the players AI group members. Very frustrating indeed.

Can you create a little repro mission on Desert, with clear and simple repro steps?

Even better, can you create a CIT ticket listing Observed, Expected, Repro Steps and attach this mission?

They're looking at me...looking at guys on their own side 20 metres away that you clearly don't need binoculars for. Standing up ....looking..... kneeling down....looking.... and basically not doing shit else!

That's an awful lot of looking while we're trying to conduct a friggin' assault!

They are certainly not following me or my orders anymore!

EDIT: Move orders are being essentially...for all intensive purposes ignored. Sometime they will move...other time just seem to cower around me. Methinks the AI is properly buggered now. Good job!

Can´t confirm any of the described behaviour :confused:

My AI teammates follow orders just fine...

AI settings:

skillFriendly=1

skillEnemy=1

precisionFriendly=0.45

precisionEnemy=0.4

UltraAI=1

Are you sure you´re not using any mods?

No CTD´s either :cool:

Using any mods twirly? If that's the case try to disable them and single out the cause.

I noticed lots of AI firing through walls in this version... I mean a huge amount. Soldiers and tanks firing at enemy units who are on the other side of a building. Running out of ammo due to all the machine gun fire.

Also foot soldiers with rifles shooting at aircraft.

I noticed lots of AI firing through walls in this version... I mean a huge amount. Soldiers and tanks firing at enemy units who are on the other side of a building. Running out of ammo due to all the machine gun fire.

Also foot soldiers with rifles shooting at aircraft.

Sounds like a feature, they fixed shooting through glass, I suppose they solved AI shooting through other penetratable materials.

As long as the AI has seen you before, over the wall, or next to the wall etc, it seems fine.

If it seems not fine, best create a ticket with repro mission.

Walls don't stop bullets IRL as well so why AI shouldn't be able to shoot through them?

The MG running out of ammo issue however is true due to MG wasting too much of it on the same unit which is connected to an issue in my sig (AI is unable to handle the recoil properly and shoots with MG while standing which makes matters worse)

Edited by metalcraze

Walls don't stop bullets IRL as well so why AI shouldn't be able to shoot through them?

that depends on the wall. And on the bullets

(AI is unable to handle the recoil properly and shoots with MG while standing which makes matters worse)

Sometimes I even see the MG gunners sprayin 180 degree radius singlehandedly Rambo- style :rolleyes:

(Happens when they´re so eager to shoot that they start firing while still shifting position).

Wouldn´t count that as a bug, it can be annoying when they hit teammates while doing so, though :p

that depends on the wall. And on the bullets

True that, but I don't think I've ever noticed small arms fire penetrating thick clay(?) takistani walls. While at the same time thin concrete walls were penetrated, in fact I remember after fixes AI managed to kill one of the enemies running behind it to take cover. I thought it was pretty sweet. At the same time there was almost a squad behind that wall but AI got only one enemy - so it isn't a cheat either.

IIRC walls are not considered cover but concealment just like foliage. Only ground is the real cover.

Edited by metalcraze