Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: ARMA 2: OA beta build 85101

1.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #1

ARMA 2: OA beta build 85101

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[85032] Fixed: script command FOR (BASIC) can use capital characters in variable
    more details about the bug fixed in CIT ticket: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8354

download to test then.

Am I the first?

I played an hour or two of domination with this beta tonight.

General perfomance still seems very good.

* AI seems to run through buildings and fences much more than they used to before 85015. This was when I first noticed it was happening significantly more often. Not to say it didn't occur much before that point...I know it has been a topic of discussion in this beta patch forum.

* Using only the client side patch..I did notice some serious AI position updates which equated to massive warps at one point. It will be interesting to see if anyone else experiences these things. Perhaps this last issue was a server issue as it was running 1.59.

All in all..still very impressed. I didnt test the new function update.....

Thanks again Devs for the effort.

What's the advantage of this change?

You Have: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor

You Have: 3.2 GB

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

You Have: ATI Radeon HD 5700
    PASS
    Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card
    Required You Have
    Video RAM 896 MB 1.0 GB
    Hardware T&L Yes Yes
    Pixel Shader version 3.0 3.0
    Vertex Shader version 3.0 3.0

DirectX version
    Recommended: DirectX 9.0c
    You Have: 9.0c
    PASS

Free Disk Space
    Recommended: 20 GB
    You Have: 496.9 GB
    PASS

Played it online last night... everything was really smooth but I'm still getting loads of graphical glitches.. If you want I can take some screenshots.. at what seems like random points on the map I get the pointy looking textures that stretch and are slightly see through.. some units have reall bad really hard to see through spiky artefacts.. although its a lot better.....

With this beta, I got two CTD's when using the UAV terminal in multiplayer. After the second crash I changed to another slot and the server player changed to mine (Team Leader, has a portable UAV terminal). The same crash happened for him a few minutes later.

Dump file and RPT send to Dwarden, just wanted to mention it here in case someone can reproduce the issue.

Join the Community Upgrade Project (thread website)

Is it just me ... or does this seem a little more jerky than the last beta ?

Units in my group don't want to follow orders they just look through their binocs most of the time or just sit there and not move. They will not re-join formation. It seems like something is terribly wrong with the players AI group members. Very frustrating indeed.

Anyone else noticed anything like this?

MORE: I'm leaving them behind and when ordered to return to formation they just dick around there in the background and never come forward. Like they are shit scared of the enemy. This is after giving them STEALTH and HOLD FIRE orders. After that they seem stupid and stuck in those orders.
    Last edited by twirly; Oct 5 2011 at 00:39. Reason: Added more.

"Learn by doing!" - Quoted from a post by Imutep

OUTERRA - OUTERRA - OUTERRA - OUTERRA - BLOWMIND!

I also noticed the AI getting stuck with binoculars, very much like the old handgun animation stuck bug, after I got them to drop the binoculars they started moving again.

a lot of ctds with this beta,will create a ticket with files

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast