Variable

Tapatalk - smartphones app for forums browsing

the tapatalk is most likely disabled (can't check atm.) due to various problems it was causing, even the latest version :(

the tapatalk is most likely disabled (can't check atm.) due to various problems it was causing, even the latest version :(

:( i was wondering why i couldn't check the forums on my Iphone4 this morning.

we are sorry but we will not compromise BIForums stability/security just for some app ...

we are sorry but we will not compromise BIForums stability/security just for some app ...

Dwarden, thanks for your reply.

Tapatalk is used now on 32637 forums around the globe, about 30% of them are vBulletin. If it was unsafe, I don't think it would have reached even a fraction of its world distribution, which is constantly on the rise.

I feel that Tapatalk is doing a great service to the Bohemia Interactive community. Removing it disappoints many loyal members, such as myself and others.

May I suggest that before removing it some effort is made to find the problems and clear them? Tapatalk has a support forum just for this purpose, and I am sure the staff there will be glad to help out such a large forum such as BI's.

I understand your concerns. Just annoyance on my part as i bought the app to browse the Forums on my iphone

bug them to clean theirs code and resolve the bugs/security issues ...

@ Dwarden - Is there any chance you can provide a little more detail on the issues you have encountered? Some of us use Tapatalk with out own forums and would be interested - both from the perspective of helping you resolve your issues and / or becoming aware of issues that might cause us to re-think our own usage of this application. Thanks.

Bump. Could u BIS guys check if the latest version with all the bug fixes would suit BIS security demands.

I really like to read these forums with Tapatalk, at the beach, while drinking beer...

Tapatalk released a new update. Maybe the formum admins can recheck the security issues?

Thanks!

Jens

Hey! Tapatalk is back! :yay:

For how long was it enabled since it was removed?

I've updated the Tapatalk signature hide filter (it's removing it only in actual normal viewing mode, if you do search, then it will be visible correctly as part of message)

When ever I try to connect to this forums from my android phone I get this error.

System Error

Not allowed

(Status Code 403)

Its been the same with my old wildfire.

When ever I try to connect to this forums from my android phone I get this error.

System Error

Not allowed

(Status Code 403)

I can connect with a android phone and tapatalk without problem :-)

Enviado desde mi LG-2X usando Tapatalk 2

System Error

Not allowed

(Status Code 403)

weird, anyway this change was not about Tapatalk support/functionality ...

it's just filter on view thread content (so you don't see the signature in post content)

Bit of an old thread to resurrect but it seemed more appropriate to post here than start a new one altogether.

So, question is:

Are any of you able to get push notifications working in tapatalk for this forum?

I have them working on other forums but under:

Settings > Push Notifications > Bohemia Interactive

I do not see any of the sub options (such as related to subscriptions and private messages) when I turn notifications on.

Subscriptions are enabled in my profile settings on the forum.

I expect this could be a forum server side setting overriding my client.

Thanks.

---

Chopper / Jet / Vehicle too loud to hear comms?

You need Cyprus Push-to-Hear!

Push doesn't work on the bi forums, they must have disabled it on the forums' setting. It seems like a reasonable decision give the huge size of this forum.

I did search... Sorry this old thread was the only one I could find referencing Tapatalk

Ever since the forum refresh I've not been able to log in using Tapatalk... tried my email + password. User I'd + password etc

To no avail.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong lol ?

I have the same problem as Serjames.

Android, latest version of Tapatalk.

Tried both username and email with password, "Log In" does nothing.

I did search... Sorry this old thread was the only one I could find referencing Tapatalk

Ever since the forum refresh I've not been able to log in using Tapatalk... tried my email + password. User I'd + password etc

To no avail.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong lol ?

I have the same problem as Serjames.

Android, latest version of Tapatalk.

Tried both username and email with password, "Log In" does nothing.

Hello,

You are not doing anything wrong. Sorry for the inconvenience, but Tapatalk is not currently working with the forums. When we performed the forums maintenance and update, the main purpose was the migration to the back end unified Bohemia Account. This system uses our own login and account system which is separate from the forums. We are investigating the solution for Tapatalk to work on the forums.

Forums issue tracking:

569. Tapatalk functionality / compatibility

When I have an update on this issue, and other forums issues, I will be updating the following thread:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184155-forums-migrationupdate-status-items/

Best regards,

BohemiaBeck

Thanks for the confirmation BohemiaBeck and all the best with finding a solution.

Is this still broken ? Just started using Tapatalk and getting the same problems still