Sign in to follow this  
Bry4nt

Video in the intro?

Hey guys,i'd like to import a video on the intro of a mission,if i can can you explain me how?Thank you.

I'm not 100% sure this works because I haven't had a chance to test it myself.

Try calling a function in your mission's init.sqf using:

_video = ["\ca\video_pmc\CP00_intro.ogv"] spawn bis_fnc_playVideo;
waitUntil {scriptDone _video};

Obviously put the path to your own video in the beginning bit ("\ca\video_pmc\CP00_intro.ogv").

ARMA2 seems to use .ogv video format. A few months ago I remember searching around for a file converter that uses the .ogv format but I didn't have any luck.

Good luck and if you find a .ogv file converter let me know.

I'm using this one: http://www.ogg-converter.net/

The free version lets you only convert 5(?) or so videos, but nobody stops you from reinstalling after that :D

I only used it once to test out the playVideo fnc, and it was working very well.

Edited by sxp2high

Is this not one ?

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

So can you record some scene in the editor, and have that play back during a mission in the little screen?, or am I getting this whole concept totally wrong ?

You can playback any video you want. Including game footage taken with FRAPS or whatever :thumbsup:

I used this piece of code for my playback:

24 cutText ["", "BLACK OUT"];
sleep 2;
_video = ["test.ogv"] spawn bis_fnc_playVideo;
waitUntil {scriptDone _video};
sleep 4;
24 cutText ["", "BLACK IN"];
hint "video over";

"Little screen" is not very accurate description. It's a full screen video, like in the PMC campaign. With my code you have a black background, otherwise you may get in-game around the video.

Here's what i mean:

Default:

2.jpg

My code:

1.jpg

:rthumb:

Edited by sxp2high

I was thinking about the PMC radio\video phone link thingy.

Sorry for the bump, but It might be helpful to post a new free converter I found on the net.

Tested it out once now and it works like a charm. It is also free of malware and stuff.

http://www.mirovideoconverter.com/

To convert any video to an ovg just drag the video on it and select the top convert option.

Is there a way to do this without having the video files in the mission folder? for example streaming it directly from youtube for example?

Elaborating this further for everyone into a more full context guideline so that we can all understand..

step 1)

use arma2 editor to create your intro using the scene.sqs command to play the intro in preview mode. examples can be found here:

step 2)

start recording using your preferred video capturing software such as fraps to record the Intro scene being played threw the Arma editor.

step 3)

convert your .avi intro video you just made to .ogv video format Help:Converting video Wiki Docu

From this wiki link I am going to suggest using the small Freeware convert tool: Xmedia Recode because that mirovideoconverter as B00tsy suggests above Requires that you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 installed.

step 4)

add your video into your scripts as stated above by sxp2high, & MOSTLY.

syntax code exampled also here: BIS_fnc_playVideo

hope this helps clerify to others.. it did for me.

Edited by MadM0nkey

hello

I created a mission that has an intro section at start and player can skip that ofcourse, intro is consist of a video playing at mission startup but after video ended player stays in intro, I want to force "skip intro function" to execute after video end, or after a specific time, can anyone help me? thanks

Edited by VoiceOfArmA