- story driven SP campaign - 16 mission

- different custom combat ambiance sounds

- over 500 custom speech and radio files

- custom soundtrack by Alchemy Divine - 16 songs

- First aid modules

- Intro's -- Outro's

- Briefings - Debriefings

WARNING:

This campaign has not a realistic mission design. I designed it on purpose to be a more fun centric player experience. In case you are looking for realistic mission design this campaign might be not for you

Known Issues:

from time to time the AI group leader is swaying of course and is not following the given waypoints. I've tried it also with scripted waypoints with the same results. These are flaws of the Vanilla AI's path finding and I can't do very much about it because it happens random which makes it impossible to reproduce it for me.

Sometimes the AI leader gets stuck for no apparent reason. The only thing which works is shooting the leader in the Arm to get him unstuck. Once he gets healed he will proceed. pay attention to not kill him or shot him in legs. Sometimes the AI doesn't get healed completely and they have to crawl then and will slow you down.

Glitches of animations during the cinematics. Nothing I can do about

Installation:

Extract and Copy only the "Hammer of Thor" pbo in your main Arma CO campaigns folder. If you haven't one . . . create one. Only the pbo file must be copied into the campaign folder.

In case you can't hear the speech and radio files clearly, please adjust your music volume until it's balanced.

Changelog 1.3

- Performance improved in general

- implemented over 5oo custom speech and radio files

- Every Mission has his own custom title track - 16 custom songs by Alchemy Divine

- Increased image size of overview pic for each mission.

- Added debriefing to all missions

- Missions are starting now with units already on board of their respective vehicles.

- Fixed issues with Strykers causing friendly casualties during disembarking.

In case there are still some friendly casualties due to AI driving it's unfortunate and I can't do much about it. But it has been definitely improved.

- Player starts with Saw as default weapon during night missions.

- since convoy driving is sometimes still a mess I've ungrouped all vehicles to gain more control.

- Reworked all intros and outros and converted them from sqs to sqf format.

- Added delete waypoint in case a friendly group accomplishes the target before your group does.

- fixed seIdentity issue in players init field.

- added some functions which AZCoder wrote. Thanks for allowing me to use your awesome stuff mate.

Changelog. 1.1

fixed seIdentity issue in players init field.

Fixed campaign pic issue I had.

Removed some markers in missions which I've forgot to remove

Fixed Mission name in editor intel (mission 3 to 15)

Reworked mission 1 - added transport back to the FOB

Fixed all script errors in intro's and outro's apart of one.

Reworked sequence of tasks in mission Nr3 "On the hot spot"

added two missions which were not showing up in the campaign list ( thanks SaOk)

Added M240 ammo in all missions.

Fixed Mission 06 end trigger wouldn't activate.

Mission 07 reworked and updated all mission objectives

added autosave game for those who playing on expert mode.

reduced sizes of onloading screen pics

changed ambiance sounds for each mission

Fixed all spelling errors I could find so far.

Reworked several briefings and links to respective markers

Reworked objectives for mission 08

Fixed triggers in mission 09 and reduced units in buildings

Fixed tasks in mission 1 reworked slightly missions 11-12-13-14-15

Performance optimized a bit thanks to code provided by SaOk

changed some Intro's and Outro's

Story:

The main character is Vincent Vega, PVT 1st class - 25th mechanized Infantry Division Alpha company.

Vicent's father is a carrier officer in the US Army stationed in Heidelberg Germany and married to a German woman. Vincent was born and raised in Germany. Shortly before the second Gulf war starts his family is moving back to the United States where a complete new life is waiting for him. As the 2nd gulf war breaks out his father deploys in the middle East and gets killed in action. His mother dies of heartbreak a year later.

All on his own Vincent finds himself in a difficult situation, he needs to find a job to survive but fails to do so. The only choice he sees to get out of this awful situation is to join the US Army so he decides to sign up. He enlists in US Army and is going to be assigned to the 25th mechanized Infantry Division.

Takistan 2012

General Hassan Jafar staged a successful coup d'etat. He removed the corrupt politicians controlled by the US from their power by force. Zargabad is under Martial Law. He managed to unite the leaders In a secret meeting and forced them to cooperate to end the occupation by the US forces. The whole country is in turmoil. Militia forces are reinforcing the Takistani Army in the fight against the foreign oppression. General Jafar supplied every man willing to fight the infedel with a weapon.

25th mechanized Infantry Division deploys to Takistan in the beginning of 2012.

Vicents unit has been send in to remove the general from his powers and restore order in Zargabad. He will be part of operation "Hammer of Thor".

As soon as the combat starts the harsh reality of war catches up with him. As he starts loosing his first friends during combat action he realized for the first time that war was different from how he imagined it.

His unit sees major combat action and is constantly advancing onto Zargabad, the capitol of Takistan.

In the process Alpha company is taking heavy casualties in combat action. Vincent looses more and more of his friends and his moral starts to drop. He realizes that he has been lucky so far, but every day could be the last one. His survival is mostly merit of their groupleader Sgt. Mike Williams a man who cares about his men under his command.

In the final phase of Operation Hammer of Thor Vincents moral has reached an all time low. Most of his friends are either dead or wounded and the only thing that counts . . . is to survive.

I intended to create this campaign with the thought in mind, that the player is only a small part in a big fighting force. The mission design is on purpose. You don't have to take care of every mission objective on your own. In case other squads fail in their attempt to succeed the mision objective then you should intervene. There is no teamswitch available . . . live with it. There is no weapons choice in the briefing, since you are not in command. Not withstanding several requests from players I decided to leave it as it is. You start with what you're given and you end up with whatever you can scrounge. The campaign is infantry based it is not intended to be realistic, it should be fun to play. So you are not a superhuman special force soldier, You are a simple machinegunner in a mechanized Infantry division. I tried to recreate the feeling of a huge conflict where the player is just a single soldier doing his part in the ongoing war. This campaign has a plot which evolves. Intro and outros are an important part of this campaign.

The campaign is quite easy and not to challenging, forces are mostly balanced.

Progress on the campaign was extremely slow due to RL issues and my destracted nature when it comes to ArmA. The modding community is hyperactive. Even playing 24/7 you can't check out everything which has been created for this game.

Credits and special thanks:

Special thanks to Francesca and Mauri for having me supported in this. Without them Hammer of Thor would not have a custom soundtrack.

Hammer of Thor Soundtrack by Mauri B.

You can free download it from here:

http://www.alchemydivine.com/hammerofthor/index.html

Link soundtrack ArmAholic

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26821

Voice Actors in alphabetical order:

- AZCoder

- domokun

- h34dup

- Kommiekat

- Krytos

- Laqueesha

- Luizsilveira

- nettrucker

- Pete Waddell

Thanks to all of you for supporting my project and your constant dedication. Without you I wouldn't have been able to get the campaign done. Your outstanding and awesome voice acting gave me the energy and the motivation to finish it. I can't thank you enough for it and I hope that I haven't been too much of a pain in the butt with my constant requests for more.

BIS

Chris Henderson for his excellent ArmA Edit tool which I'm still using.

Ei8ght for his wonderful base templates I used to create FOB Montezuma and airfield Starbase.

Thanks to Lord Jarhead and his J.S.R.S.soundmod which have permitted myself to obtain some cool combat ambiance sounds.

Thanks to Glowball and the guys at 16AA for their help in giving me permission to create some radio chatter ambiance files.

Thanks to corporal Cody and all guys at United Operations . .. also providing for some radio chatter

The BIS community for all the help and knowledge gained. Proud member.

thanks to all Addon and Mod makers who's contribution makes ArmA immortal . . . this game is never going to die. You are awesome and you have my profound respect and gratitude for sharing your work with us fellow community members.

Thanks to Ofpec - Armed Assault info - Armaholic and arma2base.de for their wonderful sites.

Thanks to McLupo from armA2base.de for the nice review and the interview.

Thanks for testing and feedback

Tom3kb (thanks for your extensive testing which helped me a great deal)

Coffeecat

SaOk

ThatGuy

NoRailgunner

@ST

Fao Lei Mao

Inlesco

Special thanks to McLupo from ArmA2base.de for his awesome review (German)

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=582

Hope you have fun.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15352

Further bug reports are welcome.

Edited by nettrucker
updated to new version

Grats for release. I am going to start a testrun. :)

I was waiting for this :), congratulations for release. Ok i start campaign for small test and i have only 1 small suggestion.

1. Can you add some name for player for a better atmosphere, i dont like in campaign play with my ingame nick

For that you need description.ext in mission and command setidentity in player on activations line:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

http://resources.bisimulations.com/wiki/setIdentity

Good work so far, good missions and nice cutscenes. :)

Edited by tom3kb

I was waiting for this :), congratulations for release. Ok i start campaign for small test and i have only 1 small suggestion.

1. Can you add some name for player for a better atmosphere, i dont like in campaign play with my ingame nick

For that you need description.ext in mission and command setidentity in player on activations line:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

http://resources.bisimulations.com/wiki/setIdentity

Good work so far, good missions and nice cutscenes. :)

Hi tom3kb

I'll check the missions on the setIdentity issue. the campaigns ext. has a setIdentity for the player. I will recheck the missions though.

concerning the weapons load out. I know that you declare that in the ext file, but since you are not commanding I left that option out on purpose. You're a machine gunner and therefore your fire support role is important.

I don't want the player to chose their weapon in case you really need to change . . . scrounge from the dead.

edit: I have fixed the setIdentity in the missions. They were lacking in most players init field. Thanks for pointing out. Will be included in the next release.

Edited by nettrucker

thanks for your work, really enjoyed the first mission! till...

we cleared the oilfield with the static guns and a medic stryker came in.

the stryker constantly crashed against any object which was possible. in this moment i really asked myself if i buy arma3 before having tested it.

this was not the gamebreaker. 2 of my guys were left. for some reason both decided to crawl all the time and didnt stand up anymore. they even healed on the "loop-crashing" stryker but they still crawled.

really liked the big battle in the desert and finally the arrival of the reinforements. guess i will leave my squadleader crawling thursty in the desert:D

would be nice if the reinforcments pick you up after the fight since its a long way

Edited by Coffeecat

ArmA crashes with 'error in campaign structure' when trying to start this campaign :confused::(

@ST

can you post the error message. I have no problem to load the campaign. Are you running ArmA CO?

@ST

can you post the error message. I have no problem to load the campaign. Are you running ArmA CO?

Nm, my bad, fixed it...

lookin forward to play a longer campaign again, tx :)

concerning the weapons load out. I know that you declare that in the ext file, but since you are not commanding I left that option out on purpose. You're a machine gunner and therefore your fire support role is important.

I don't want the player to chose their weapon in case you really need to change . . . scrounge from the dead.

@nettrucker

Yes, I first want that you added option for player that he can change weapons during briefing, but then i read whole #1 post :) and i understand why there is no weapons load out during briefing. I think that this is good decision.

Edited by tom3kb

For quick mission check i use "campaign" cheat in campaign menu, and i see only 2 missions not all 15 this is strange but not importent and its not bug ?

First two missions have names:

1. Welcome to takistan

2. Spearhead

but few next mission hawe something like that - missionname.zagrabad. Its nothing importent and not a gamebreaking bug :) but maybe you forget add missions names in editor in"Intel" window where you can change weather and other stuff, i write this only because i noticed it and like I said earlier its nothig big.

Edited by tom3kb

For quick mission check i use "campaign" cheat in campaign menu, and i see only 2 missions not all 15 this is strange but not importent and its not bug ?

First two missions have names:

1. Welcome to takistan

2. Spearhead

but few next mission hawe something like that - missionname.zagrabad. Its nothing importent and not a gamebreaking bug :) but maybe you forget add missions names in editor in"Intel" window where you can change weather and other stuff, i write this only because i noticed it.

hey thanks for letting me know I gotta check on that too.

Edit: Fixed . . . will be included in version 1.1

@ coffeecat

Gonna try and tweak the reinforcement in mission differently in version 1.1. Maybe the Stryker thing I can fix. AI is sometimes simply unpredictable see if I can tweak. Pick up - uhm see what I can do.

Edited by nettrucker

No problem :) maybe i find somthing tomorrow to, just kidding :). So far i dont see bigger errors or bugs.

No problem :) maybe i find somthing tomorrow to, just kidding :). So far i dont see bigger errors or bugs.

Thanks for your feedback. I already fixed all the things you pointed out it will be included in the next version 1.1

It's sometimes hard to keep track of everything so every feedback is welcome. I'll fix what I can.

thanks tom

Edited by nettrucker

Congrats on the release nettrucker.

If I ever get the time I'll give it a go, I like being a grunt.

Congrats on the release nettrucker.

If I ever get the time I'll give it a go, I like being a grunt.

Thanks Grub

in case you get bored and decide to give it a try . . . have fun.

great to see you back in action my friend :cheers:

download in progress can't wait to try it :yay:

@nettrucker

When can we expect the release of version 1.1 because I do not know whether to start playing v1.0 or wait for the patched version. If you waiting for more feedback from players before releasing update i will start playing v1.0 :) but if you plan release update in next few days i can wait ;) and play in better version.

Sounds great! I really like the idea of being a small part out if a big war going around you. No weapon selection is also a sight for sour eyes... Will definitely check that out.

Thank you for this!

Sounds great! I really like the idea of being a small part out if a big war going around you. No weapon selection is also a sight for sour eyes... Will definitely check that out.

Thank you for this!

You are welcome. i'm currently improving things.

@ tom3kb

I really still don't know when to release the next version. I fixed all of the flaws you pointed out thanks to your testing. I most probably will add some more combat ambience sounds, change or remove others.

it has been tested only by mself so far so your advice has been precious.

I'm currently improving mission 1, since it has some things to rework. I added transport after you cleared the abbandoned oil plant. i'm still testing.

There's still a lot of work to be done mostly fine tuning and ironing bugs out.

The objectives should work and also the links in the briefings. So basically it should work. I keep you updated.

@nettrucker

Ok, take your time with fixing things, i start playing v1.0 if i find something i send you feedback.

@nettrucker

Ok, take your time with fixing things, i start playing v1.0 if i find something i send you feedback.

Thanks a lot mate.

i noticed that your campaign has a multiplayer option. is it MP compatible, or did you forget to disable that option?

if its a mistake be sure to disable it, as multiplayer mission selection screens get clogged with campaign missions that have no MP capability