Thread: Oxygen error: Bad serial number given in setup - CWA 1.99

Oxygen error: Bad serial number given in setup - CWA 1.99

I have the error "Bad serial number given in setup" appearing when I run oxygen.
    Oxygen starts up then the buldozer viewer, then up comes the error message.

My CWA game runs fine so somehow Oxygen is not 'seeing' the serial key

I have never used oxygen before and have managed to fight my way through a string of problems getting it this far, but now I am stuck. Most of the help files and tutorials refer to Operation Flashpoint and not Cold War Assault.

Rookie
    Author of the Thread
    Yes. I tried something similar:

My CWA directory does not have a Flashpoint.cfg. It does however have a ColdWarAssault.cfg (but no ColdWarAssault.rtp) which I moved into the root directory (E:\) where oxygen was installed.

I then renamed ColdWarAssault.cfg to Flashpoint.cfg

I still get the Bad Serial Error but it did fix a Glide.dll problem I was getting.

I do not own the original Operation Flashpoint CD and then patched to version 1.99. I downloaded Arma: CWA complete off gamersgate so there may be a difference.

I think oxygen may be looking for the OFP serial entry in the registry that differs from the CWA registry entry (whatever that is?).

Rookie
    Author of the Thread
    Thanks, but I had already tried something similar.

My CWA directory does not have a Flashpoint.cfg or rtp file. It does however have a ColdWarAssault.cfg, but no ColdWarAssault.rtp.

I copied the ColdWarAssault.cfg to E:\ (where buldozer is) and renamed it Flashpoint.cfg

This fixed a Glide.dll problem I was having and got the viewer window to load, but then I got the Bad Serial Error.

I do not own the original OFP on CD which most people have and patched to version 1.99. I downloaded CWA from gamersgate as a complete game so that maybe why I am having trouble. There may be slight differences that oxygen is having trouble with.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

OK. According to this thread:
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=111334

The OFP serial key is stored in the registry in this location:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint

The CWA that I downloaded puts it into:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ColdWarAssault

Would this have anything to do with it? I know nothing about the windows registry and do not really want to mess with it.