Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

New unofficial addon

The thing I have worked on for the last few days is now ready, an AGS-17 Automatic Grenade Launcher. You can get it from

http://ofp.kege.cjb.net

It adds an AGS-17 30mm automatic grenade launcher for East

and Resistance. The AGS-17 fires up to 6-7 grenades per

second in autofire, and it has 29 grenades per magazine.

The grenade's muzzle velocity is 185 m/s, and the maximum

firing range is about 1700 meters.

The addon also has a script which can be used to transport it in vehicles, instructions on how to use that are in the readme.

Edit: Uploaded version 1.1 with the following changes:

- Fixed bugs in the AGS script when used in multiplayer

- Added more vehicles where the AGS can be loaded on

- Added scripts for 10 AGS's per mission

- Added a variable to the AGS script to define custom vehicles to load the AGS on

- Removed the light which shined from the gunners face

- Added an icon for the AGS

- Armor increased a bit

and a few screenies of course:

ags1.jpg

ags2.jpg

ags3.jpg

The first pic looks like a friggin photo of the weapon, gj!

This is simply the best weapon addon made for ofp. Period. And BIS could look at those textures and learn smile.gif

A small note on the script I forgot to mention... It only works properly with one AGS per mission, as it uses "static" global variables for the loaded/unloaded state so multiple AGS's initialized with this script would screw it up.

once again..Kegetys has done it again...proves that he is OFP guru! smile.gif

<span style='font-size:23pt;line-height:100%'>GO KEGETYS!!!</span>

HOLY SHIT!! That looks sooooooo damn life like. NICE Fucking work Kegetys!

OMG this addon ROCKS!! You have done such a wonderful job, I can´t believe it! Made a small mission using the war torn map (soldierboy), lots of West forces attacking a city and I in the middle of the heat, spraying with the AGS. Of course I died very soon but gosh it was cool!! I reported Abrams incoming and started spraying them with grenades when they were still dust clouds and shadows closing in. WOW!

Congrats, and I hope you will never grow tired of making addons.

I noticed something, am not sure if I am the only one: The AGS seems to wobble a bit from side to side, not something that I think of when using the eyesight but anyway, just in case.

Textures and all looks just incredible real! I am amazed to find something like this and had to make a mission in the middle of the night just to try it out biggrin.gif and I love it!

GREAT ADD-ON!! WOW! Never saw that much realistic texture in a weapon! smile.gif

I'm beginning to doubt Keg's humanity...

This is not the work of man, only a god could perform such miracles.

I agree with what the others said. It is an amazing addon. I've fired the MK-19 (U.S. equivalent) and this is very close to that. I thought you would wimp out and just stick the BMP2 auto cannon on it or something cheezy like that. But instead you went all out and did the grenades right. smile.gif The ballistics is spot on with the grenades!!! The site for it also is very good and actually helps in adjusting fire. As everyone else said, the textures and modeling are just spot on perfect.

However, I got an error when I tried using the script with just one AGS. The error was in white at the top of the screen. I followed the instructions in the read me file to the letter. Perhaps you should include a sample mission on the regular BIS desert map to show how the script works.

Or it could be because I'm using version 1.40 to test it out at the moment. sad.gif

Also the ammo is a bit limited but I guess that's ok as it keeps things balanced. Not sure how to resupply ammo to the weapon though accept maybe putting in a ammo truck and loading it with the ammo and then seeing if it will respond to a "support" call on the radio.

Other then that, the only bug I noticed was that the AI are not very accurate with the weapon. But I imagine that's difficult to fix...and is ok if you're playing the West team and you're on the receiving end of the AGS. Hehehe!

Once again good work Kegetys! You rock!!!

I hope you make a MK19 like this. The same firing ballistics should work, but just with a different model of coarse and different sites. If I remember correctly it was a sliding scale site like the M60. But the U.S. Army field manual is available for it on the net if you need it.

Again Max Res to you!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

that shots in 3dmax were looking nice now ingame it also looks nice

Good Job Keg

Kegetys, that's some good work, honestly, I think it is the best user made add on that I have ever downloaded. Your texturing job is better than amazing, BIS should take a good look at this add on and then look at their own weapons texturing. Maybe you can give them some lessons? biggrin.gif

Textruing aside, the launcher itself is very good, I can see alot of good work went into this thing. Is the reticule on the sight the same as it is on the real thing? Or did you take it from the T-80's commander sight?, that's what it looks like. Oh well, I'm just nitpicking, the add on you have made is excellent.

Have you thought about doing a re-texturing job on OFP's small arms and vehicles? Maybe you can make a pack of re-texturing jobs for OFP? You could do for the texturing, like what Satchell did for the sound.

Excellent work.

Tyler

Huh, this is incredible. Good for BIS Kege does not have time/interests to start his own infantry sim project wink.gif

The scope sight isnt propably realistic, I had no idea what the real scope sight looks like so I used the russan tank commaders sight...

According to my sources (Finnish Army website) the AGS has two firemodes, single fire (1-2 rounds per second) and autofire (6-7 rounds per second) on which mine is based on...

Big thanks for making the textures goes to God(his nickname wink.gif ) and Blake from my squad, who took great pics of Finnish army equipment a while ago.

Miles Teg, could you check what error message it was that you got?

Kegetys, if i weren't an atheist, i would call you God... wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ June 12 2002,15:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it looks good.<span id='postcolor'>

is that all you can say wow.gif

Kegetys is the best addon maker i have come across so far, and damn good he is. It's his exeptional knowledge of the game that makes him the best.

Good work keg smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ June 12 2002,18:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ June 12 2002,15:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it looks good.<span id='postcolor'>

is that all you can say wow.gif

Kegetys is the best addon maker i have come across so far, and damn good he is. It's his exeptional knowledge of the game that makes him the best.

Good work keg smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What do you want me to say? Scream like a madaholic like if kegetys was a super star No 1 ?