Sign in to follow this  
suma

Arma 2 : OA beta build 84984

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[84874] Fixed: Slight cursor offset when selecting items in the listboxes (like mission selection).

[84871] Improved: MP: Smoother motion of distant units (Default value of MinErrorToSend changed to 0.001, introduced new value MinErrorToSendNear with a default value of 0.01).

[84977] Optimized: MP: Improved server performance in complex missions.

[84957] Optimized: MP: Reduced number of messages send during JIP to complex missions.

Edited by Suma

OMG, this new version it's going to be epic :). I'm looking forward arrive home to test it!

Btw any explanation to MinErrorToSendNear? because it sound weird to me, my logic tells me that should be the same of MinErrorToSend but only for near objects/units. But that wouldn't make sense because its default value should be less than MinErrorToSend, near objects should be updated faster than farther ones as far as i know. :confused:

Edited by columdrum

MinErrorToSendNear is used differently from MinErrorToSend. When computing the error for MinErrorToSend, the error is divided by (distance_in_m/20m)^2. Because of this, when MinErrorToSend is small enough so that distant units move smooth, the near units move "supersmooth" (the updates are sent even when the movement is so smooth it makes no gameplay difference). MinErrorToSendNear gives a way to give another absolute (not distance dependent) limit ("never send update smaller than 1 cm, even if MinErrorToSend would allow it to be sent").

This sounds great cant wait to test it to.

Sniping is now becoming more realistic.

Thanks BIS.

What missions qualify as complex and how does the game know which of them are that?

What missions qualify as complex and how does the game know which of them are that?

Without a solid answer, I would assume:

- Domination

- Evolution

- Warfare

- MSO

But yes, good question Celery, I'd like to know as well!

[84957] Optimized: MP: Reduced number of messages send during JIP to complex missions.

Hi Suma,

Could that change make the following problem even worse?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24898#change-111229

If the answer is yes, could we have an option to extend the JIP synchronization radius with other players when they join a on going match?

Thanks,

_neo_

Wow, frickin awesome. Things were already looking great, and i assume theyre only going to get better.

Thankyou Suma, your, and all those involved (dedicated beta testers and fellow staff alike), work is, for me, reviving MP to heights never seen before, and ensuring that Arma 3 gain success like none of its predecessors ever saw!

Bravo. 1.60 must be quite close now, right!?

Thanks a lot for the MP network improvements Suma!

Hopefully these two will get addressed before the 1.60 release:

* Bug #24875

* Bug #24952

It would be good if the incomplete fixes could get attention too.

See 1.60 beta issues [only].

I am not sure if CTD/game crashes needed to be added.

Dwarden treats them as priority items in any case I think.

Thanks a lot for the MP network improvements Suma!

Hopefully these two will get addressed before the 1.60 release:

* Bug #24875

* Bug #24952

It would be good if the incomplete fixes could get attention too.

See 1.60 beta issues [only].

Unbelievable, one of these bugs is already fixed. I hope you get enough sleep Suma. :)

Anyway thanks for the great improvements. I haven't expected this to be fixed until Arma 3.

Friends who doesn't play Arma 2 that often were very impressed and I already convinced two others to buy it. :yay:

Edited by Black Russian

MP warping is practically gone. AI fast moving vehicles which for me used to be an immersion killer are brilliant with this beta.

When scoped up I sometimes notice a few minor movement glitches, but probably only because I am looking for it. I was playing only with a client side patch...the server was v1.59.

So far no other bugs to report!!

Thanks again

Played an hour of Domination on an MP server last night on CWR Everon, and found myself watching the vehicles, patrols and guards through a scope as they moved around the target village. For me it makes quite a difference to the immersion, and calling in the arty was all the more satisfying. Thanks Suma and BI for the excellent ongoing support.

cj

Thought id show some PR footage running the Beta.

Not a lot of action, poor editing skills but the point gets across. Beta = Awesome.

Playing the beta with PR is 'not allowed' by PR, and these forums allow no PR discussion, but good you showed it anyway

Because of this beta patch I cant play on multiplayer more, every server kicks me,when I join it. from the beginning I thought that it's because of battle eye, but then,when I installed 3 times battle eye client I understood,that the problem is not because of it.

ok, I'm waiting for 1.11 patch.

Because of this beta patch I cant play on multiplayer more, every server kicks me,when I join it. from the beginning I thought that it's because of battle eye, but then,when I installed 3 times battle eye client I understood,that the problem is not because of it.

ok, I'm waiting for 1.11 patch.

This patch is for OA/CO, not A2.

Because you said your waiting for 1.11 means to me that you don't have OA/CO.

I still experience problems with AI BTR90 (thanks for adding TAB targetting to it by the way)

send BTR90 to a town to capture it:if no friendlies are there yet it just reports ennemies but it fails at engaging them,but when i am near it i,it acts normally.

Can you fix this ?

I've already made a ticket 2 months ago ...