Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: ArmA 3 System Requirements

What should I upgrade to be able to play Arma III with my current rig?
    "Whoever comes to us with the sword from the sword will perish"
    Alexandr Nevsky Prince of Novgorod and Kiev 1220-1263

in general its CPU and HDD --> SDD

your rig should do fine ( with the info we currently have)

btw. very hard to tell atm...

3.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #43
    Nothing. Its perfectly enough I would say. Unless you wanna extremely high settings.
    ArmA3 Gameplay Animator
    fragOut Studio www.fragoutstudio.com, games: Sniper Tactical for Android, Firebound - realism RTT for PC
    Enjoying my A3 anims? Support me, like my company on facebook

Well I will buy an SSD for sure in the comming months . So this upgrade is 100% sure.
    Nice to hear though that my current rig could deal with ARMA III in a good way

Quote Originally Posted by msy View Post
    Off ARMA3 topic, I think if your computer can handle BF3 very well, then ARMA3 is a piece of cake. :P
    My PC handle BF3 pretty well all maxed out at 1680x1050. Occasionally during large explosions it will drop to 20 frame rates, then goes right back up. ArmA 2 still gets to 23-24 frame rates in grassy areas with nothing going on. ArmA 2 also gets my GPU hotter.

Simply put, ArmA 3 will probably require a much faster PC than BF3 does.

Quote Originally Posted by Flogger23m View Post
    My PC handle BF3 pretty well all maxed out at 1680x1050. Occasionally during large explosions it will drop to 20 frame rates, then goes right back up. ArmA 2 still gets to 23-24 frame rates in grassy areas with nothing going on. ArmA 2 also gets my GPU hotter.

Simply put, ArmA 3 will probably require a much faster PC than BF3 does.
    That doesn't necessarily mean that ArmA2's graphics are better than BF3's. There is something called optimization and memory leaks and stuff. Because BF3 is pretty demanding with it's effects and stuff. For graphics that don't look as intensive as BF3's, ArmA 2's graphics shouldn't be as demanding as they are. However BF3 does their graphics and effects/particles and stuff, ArmA 3 should take an example from that. If BIS can rework the effects, even if they are more like MW3's 2D effects (hopefully not though), then ArmA 3 may not be THAT demanding.

| Mediterranean Operations Addon | LION OF THE CASPIAN Expansion Pack |

System Specs:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by antoineflemming View Post
    That doesn't necessarily mean that ArmA2's graphics are better than BF3's. There is something called optimization and memory leaks and stuff. Because BF3 is pretty demanding with it's effects and stuff. For graphics that don't look as intensive as BF3's, ArmA 2's graphics shouldn't be as demanding as they are. However BF3 does their graphics and effects/particles and stuff, ArmA 3 should take an example from that. If BIS can rework the effects, even if they are more like MW3's 2D effects (hopefully not though), then ArmA 3 may not be THAT demanding.
    Have you tried loading Utes? It's about the same size as bigger BF3 maps. You will find out that it runs much better than BF3 does...

Quote Originally Posted by Minoza View Post
    Have you tried loading Utes? It's about the same size as bigger BF3 maps. You will find out that it runs much better than BF3 does...
    Not on my PC. Though I agree, it is hard to compare ArmA and BF3 due to map size, the overall scale, the amount of objects (even if lower quality, much more in ArmA), ect.

Master Gunnery Sergeant OnlyRazor's Avatar
    My advice is to wait until about a month before release, since all the technology you'd want and need will probably be out by then, and prices for already available products will probably have dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lle View Post
    But obviously it's very hard for people these days to make use of BRAIN v1.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoza View Post
    Not talking about map sizes. What makes ArmA lag is not just the maps. It can be an increased view distance, or upped graphics settings, or a lot of particle effects going on, like a lot of smoke or something, which is what causes the most lag for me. With BF3 and all the destruction and explosions, and effects heavy stuff that goes on, it still runs better than ArmA. ArmA 2's effects look simple compared to BF3's. And I can run BF3 on the highest setting at 1920x1080 resolution, playing 32x32 player servers. I experience lag with ArmA with less AI than that. Maybe it's just my system, but that shouldn't be the case.

Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast