Sign in to follow this  
_raine

ITV fakes terrorist footage using ARMA II

Fail.

Anything I can say has already been said in the thread. I can't believe the people in here defending that mistake. In my opinion, that totally invalidates their whole documentary. There was a 'mistake' made, and it was so obvious that is raises questions like what other mistakes were made? Faility fail.

Edited by Max Power

So, what can BIS actually sue for?

The mis-information that claiming it was real footage when it wasn't? Or, using a 20 second clip of user-made video from a crappy cellphone or something.

There are many TV shows and many games which have been shown on television, even if they are just being played in the background. Does a game company sue each and every time footage of their game was used on TV?

Does a game company sue each and every time footage of their game was used on TV?

Keyword = "Context".

BIS could sue for damaging the brand and wrongfully associating BIS with terrorism and using a product for commercial gains, against EULA.

BIS could sue for damaging the brand and wrongfully associating BIS with terrorism and using a product for commercial gains, against EULA.

Agree completely.

Interesting.

And what was your job in making the documentary? ;)

LOL Yeah, gotta love 2 posts and both supporting iTV? Definitely a shill.

bis could sue for damaging the brand and wrongfully associating bis with terrorism

i c. :)

But of course if your an optimist like me, you will see the one good thing of this.

ARMA II has such great graphics, Some people can't even tell if it real life or not.

:yay:YAY!:yay:

User uploaded "documentary" segment has been taken offline :j:

Let me reproduce my comment on RPS:

The chart has replaced territory many decades ago. Much more deeply than one can understand… and not only by simple visual interpretations, myth has reached its operative enablers in the realm of tought/language as well. This is the single most consequencial problem humanity faces, superficially designated as lack of critical thinking…

Recreate the fake IRA video so you too can fool overworked, underpaid documentary makers!

The original YouTube vid from post 1 was removed this evening, possibly someone (I wonder who) complained of copyright infringement. It's back! Thanks to jerryhopper

The full length film was also removed from ITV's web player. Here is the full length fake vid - the 1st few mins were used in the documentary:

Careful analysis and reconnaissance (flying up and down the railway to find the right bridge) has led me to the exact spot where the sorry tale began! The middle of the left edge of grid square 070124 near Chernogorsk on Chernarus Island.

Men:

OPFOR Guerilla faction

Medic x2

Grenadier x2

Materials:

OPFOR Guerilla faction:

Pickup (PK)

Ural (ZU-23)

Off-Road (DShKM)

Civilian faction:

Car (white)

Objects:

Crashed UH-1Y

Campfire (burning x2)

Barrel fire x2

Settings:

-You need low video settings, the IRA fan has a crap PC. I messed for ages but my monitor and video card is too good. I can't make it look as bad. Also he did not film it with the in game camera - he used a hand held camera to film the monitor.

-Turn the gamma way down and the brightness all the way up, you need lots of contrast.

-You need to set the barrels on fire with the action menu.

-You possibly need one of the vegetation tweak mods. There are fewer trees in the video?

-You will need a recording of some Irish folk music, tin whistles and violins etc.

-The view distance in the video is about 500m (wow just how crap is that PC?) You can see the hills behind the nearest trees don't show in the video.

Place your items in the map editor like so, the position of the player (bottom left) must be precise to recreate the viewing angle:

irarecrt05.th.jpg

View 1 - vehicles on the hill - note the red and white radio tower above the trees. The Island was updated / or original video was using the mod that cut down the vegetation as you can see it more clearly in the video, there are less trees.

irarecrt02b.th.jpg

View2 - Civilian Car - note the house with the white roof, railway bridge, large barn and gravel pile.

irarecrt01b.th.jpg

View 3 - Overview of entire scene

irarecrt03b.th.jpg

View 4 - crashed UH-1Y (shh it's supposed to be a Lynx but journalists can't tell the difference!)

irarecrt04b.th.jpg

Screenshots of original video:

screenshot20c.th.jpg

screenshot21uf.th.jpg

Note - the smoke from the grassy knoll is just a burning barrel!

Note- the gun smoke above the grassy knoll really is gun smoke!

Note - the smoking gun! You will notice the flying UH-1Y crashes to the left of the white car. It should leave a dark wreck model but instead reappears 75m to the right in the shallow lake as a Crashed UH-1Y model which is lighter and more detailed. I have not included instructions for this as it needs further investigation.

I want to rule out magic bullets, CIA, FBI and NSA involvement in the morphing, teleporting helicopter. There is also evidence of ejecting crew at 1:13 onwards. As this is not possible with known technology, I suspect a black program with secret (possibly alien) technology and funding. It's possible the crew are also involved in some kind of CIA conspiracy! Oops sorry I forgot for a moment that it's a video from a PC game.

Edit: lol In your map you will notice that the default civilian driver in a brown suit keeps jumping out of the car, runs around then gets back in. He is also caught on film in the original video - 0:43 he is standing by the white car. Annoying, unpredictable civilians running in a very strange way - it's got to be Arma2? Or maybe he is an MIB?

screenshot22lj.th.jpg

Edited by PELHAM

RPS = Rock Paper Shotgun

The rest... don't bite if you don't feel like it :)

Okay, cheers. So you're saying lack of critical thinking is the biggest problem facing humanity at the moment? You may have a point.

One more video from the same uploader/recreator? using Arma:

dw1fQ10zKcg

The thing is that real footage is mixed with virtual footage in this apparent "History and News Channel".

This goes 2 ways: Either goes George Orwell^2 or you go Sqroot(Wachowsky).

There are lots of them! Also includes Falkland Island recreations and a Moscow 1941 battle. He writes titles on the screen in felt tip pen lol. That hand held camera thing he does gives it a realistic feel.

The news clips on his page are from TeleSur - looks like he is a South American Arma2 fan? This guy deserves a BIS T-shirt - very creative.

Edited by PELHAM

the most interesting question about ITV's case of 'human error' is

how come that ARMA 2 youtube footage is part of theirs 'archive' ? :)

And that exact question also poses itself even if the video they intended to use was the real footage, despite the possibility of this being in the public domain already, but I am sure the proper channel to access them and protect one self from copyright infraction would never be Youtube.

I presume some researcher was tasked with getting as much IRA footage as possible from the Internet and this was one. I think that some people in the news industry are getting lazy with Google. It takes time and some knowledge to research things properly - it takes no time and no brain just to use Google. Someone in the edit room should have spotted this, as well as whoever is supposed to be checking, verifying and getting permission to use source material.

Anyways, regardless it is priceless advertising for BI - I am surprised Marek didn't mention Arma 3 in his quotes ;-)

Although maybe as I suspected BI are actually a front for the illuminati - using these tactics to undermine and manipulate the world media for their owns ends?

Brruuuuuhaaaahaaahaaaahaaaaa.....

even I had to post on this what a fail from ITV, this is just one of many examples they lie to the population but in this case they failed entirely. Just shows they are willing to make stuff up about things to shift public opinion where they want it.

Well the media is defo getting lazy... Last week in shortlist they used a picture of some 120mm mortars for anti shipping missiles....... I typed in anti shipping missile on google.. And it was pretty much just antishipping missiles as far down as I could be bothered to scroll along with a few vehicles that use 'em... I dont know how you do that.. Its like their going out of ther way to get things wrong...

On a serious note though... If ITV wants I have some footage of the IRA launching B-52's And Wyverns from a nimitz class carrier they purchased... Filmed in 1066

Edited by wolfbite

Err someone has a video download plugin for their web browser, they sat on the mouse by mistake and the video ended up in the archive lol. Everyone screws up occasionally but when the audience is this big, it makes you shudder on their behalf :D