Sign in to follow this  
blakeace

Blake's Mirrors

Just wanted to say thank you for another great mod, another 'must have'..

Thanks.

Ye agree with you GREAT mod,could be made to continue this mod in ACE?

Just wanted to say thank you for another great mod, another 'must have'..

Thanks

Ye agree with you GREAT mod,could be made to continue this mod in ACE?

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it.

@Foxhound, Old Bear & Sickboy - Thankyou :)

Updated

Version 1.0 download on first post

v1.0 (Only in EE version)

Changed the way key presses are detected. Now using CBA Key Management for a more robost detection.

Changed the drivers key press from hold breath to toggleweapons.

@W0lle - Thanks for fixing my titles.

Hello

First of sorry for my Bad english;-)

Find your addon mirrors Blake's very good, but it would not be showing the camera at the helicopter is not only back but also to the bottom of the underground (ground).

Because in the first person view, it would be good to see but trees, rocks, or whether to get a landing gte back.

Would be great if you know this in your next version.

greeting

BierAIG tartar

I like this mod so much I had hoped to add it to a custom vehicle without the player having to put anything in the init box in the editor.

So the idea was to have a script run on vehicle initialization .. sort of .. if 'blakes_mirrors loaded' then here are my custom mirror positions.

Is this do-able after initialization of Blakes mirrors?

I like this mod so much I had hoped to add it to a custom vehicle without the player having to put anything in the init box in the editor.

So the idea was to have a script run on vehicle initialization .. sort of .. if 'blakes_mirrors loaded' then here are my custom mirror positions.

Is this do-able after initialization of Blakes mirrors?

There are only two ways to import in a list of custom positions with the current version.

From the first post:

Option 3.

Use the global array to store all the information.

The first entry is the class name of the vehicle.

The second entry is the position of the mirrors.

The third entry is true or false to indicate whether it is a camera or not.

Blakes_Mirror_positions = 	["LAV25",[0,-3.1,-0.2],true,"LAV25_HQ",[0,-3.1,-0.2],true];

The other way is undocumented. I was starting to learn about how to read and create config's (Not that much further along these days either :p ). The idea was to eventual read a value that was from an object's own config, but at that stage could only create a new config, and I am still learning how to alter existing configs. You can create a custom addon which contains a class that can be read to see if that object type has a listing. Not a very good solution, but more an experiment.

If you know how to create your own pbo's then you can add this, each time Blakes mirrors sets up a vehicle it checks the BlakesMirrorPositions config to see if there is a matching entry that has the same class name as the vehicle. If it does find an entry it uses that position.

In the config.cpp

class CfgPatches
{
class cleggys_Mirror_list
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 1.0;
	requiredAddons[] = {"Blakes_Mirrors_EE"};

};

};
class BlakesMirrorPositions
{

class HMMWV
{
	mirrorposition[] = {1.2,0.7,-0.9};
};
class MTVR
{
	mirrorposition[] = {1.4,2.3,0.5};
};
class HMMWV_TOW
{
};
class HMMWV_MK19
{
};

};

Edited by blakeace

Thanks for the reply BA.

Using your little config patch and adding my vehicle classname has given me my reversing mirror.:)

I've even surprised myself and worked out how to make it a black & white camera.:D

At the moment I've a 5 second delay in my init script to check if 'Blakes_mirrors_loaded' is true, is that delay necessary?

One thing is that both 'F' and 'G' keys give me the same view. No big deal as all I wanted was the reversing camera anyway, just wondering why?

Looks very promising for my ultimate goal of having an all round vision system, so thanks for the help.

I'm addicted to driving everywhere backwards!

Thanks for the reply BA.

Using your little config patch and adding my vehicle classname has given me my reversing mirror.:)

I've even surprised myself and worked out how to make it a black & white camera.:D

At the moment I've a 5 second delay in my init script to check if 'Blakes_mirrors_loaded' is true, is that delay necessary?

One thing is that both 'F' and 'G' keys give me the same view. No big deal as all I wanted was the reversing camera anyway, just wondering why?

Looks very promising for my ultimate goal of having an all round vision system, so thanks for the help.

I'm addicted to driving everywhere backwards!

No worries.

The only reason to wait for Blakes_Mirrors_Loaded to be true is if you are spawning vehicles or setting up non default vehicles like armour and want to use the Fcn_Blakes_Mirrors to give that vehicle the mirror functionality. Blakes_Mirrors_Loaded just ensures the spawned vehicles that require it don't run the function before it is initialised.

Have you set the x component of the mirror position array to 0? The way the code works is it just mirrors the array by multiplying the x component by negative one. In the first post in the example for the Lav25 to create a reverse camera effect I used 0 so it was centered to the rear of the vehicle, rather than having the efeect of having two cameras if I had used a non 0 value.

No probs.

Me two :)

The only reason to wait for Blakes_Mirrors_Loaded to be true is if you are spawning vehicles or setting up non default vehicles like armour.

Well my vehicle is based on the wheeled APC class so I suppose I do have to check Blakes mirrors is loaded?

Have you set the x component of the mirror position array to 0?

That will be it then ... I can see multiplying zero by anything isn't going to get me very far!

I'll make do with what I have, which still adds some much needed functionality. Thanks.

That will be it then ... I can see multiplying zero by anything isn't going to get me very far!

I'll make do with what I have, which still adds some much needed functionality. Thanks.

Sorry I'm not sure what you are hoping to do? Setup so the vehicle seems to have two cameras each on the sides of the vehicle?

If that is the case, you just need to set the x part to be non zero.

So that you have something like:

spwnrtn1 = this spawn 
{   

_this setvariable ["mirrorpos",[[color="#FFA500"]2[/color],-3.1,-0.2],true]; 
_this setvariable ["Camera",true,true]; 
waituntil{Blakes_Mirrors_Loaded};
sleep 0.01;
[[_this]] CALL Fcn_Blakes_Mirrors;
};

Instead of:

spwnrtn1 = this spawn 
{   

_this setvariable ["mirrorpos",[[color="#FFA500"]0[/color],-3.1,-0.2],true]; 
_this setvariable ["Camera",true,true]; 
waituntil{Blakes_Mirrors_Loaded};
sleep 0.01;
[[_this]] CALL Fcn_Blakes_Mirrors;
};

The values would just need to be adjusted for your vehicles particular size.

Hope that helps

Blake

I'm the one who should be saying sorry. Didn't mean to confuse you.

The vehicle I am working on has cameras all around to give a 360 degree view and your system has the potential of simulating that

- though probably not in it's current form. I'm perfectly happy with what I have so far, your addon has just given me pause for thought is all.:)

camera at the helicopter is not only back but also to the bottom of the underground (ground).

Would this be possible BA ? Never mind the looking back ... but looking down :)

Hello

First of sorry for my Bad english;-)

Find your addon mirrors Blake's very good, but it would not be showing the camera at the helicopter is not only back but also to the bottom of the underground (ground).

Because in the first person view, it would be good to see but trees, rocks, or whether to get a landing gte back.

Would be great if you know this in your next version.

greeting

BierAIG tartar

Would this be possible BA ? Never mind the looking back ... but looking down :)

Sorry Bier AIG Tartar, I thought I had responded to this. I did have an experiment around with this concept, but I found using switchCamera to change the view which still allows retaining control of the vehicle, I haven't been able to find a way of altering the FOV. At the current setting looking down doesn't give the pilot enough information to be that useful esp concerning obstructions.

I played around with altering the angle, instead of looking straight down I tried setting it out slightly on a 60 degree angle. I found this a little disorientating, without much improvement on obstruction observation.

You could use the camera commands, but the issue there is not being able to control the aircraft at the same time.

The only real use I could see was for lining up underslung loads when using the likes of RAV lifter.

mirrrordown.jpg

This is still at 20m high! GRID 038 017 on Utes. No use for clearances.