Sign in to follow this  
welcome to hell

3D interactable switches and in vehicle leaning ported to from TKOH ArmA 2 OA

Why not port the framework from Take on helicopters to ArmA 2 OA for intractable animated switches, and in vehicle leaning? It is already there, running on ArmA 2 OA engine. Can't we get an updated ArmA2OA EXE with Render 2 Texture and this framework? (If it is dependent on the exe)

Bohemia Interactive has such a close relationship with the community in terms of bug testing and community previews... Why not give the modders a better set of tools to play in the sandbox?

We do not need inverse kinematics for every vehicle as they are a ton of work, and from what I understand going to be featured in ArmA 3 anyhow.

But the framework for custom addons, with 3d intractable switches for vehicles and objects would be very welcome in my book!

Imagine the possibilities:

- Working Locks on Vehicle/Building Doors

- Intractable animated Switches:

Engine On/Off

Lights On/Off

Hatch Open/Close

Door Open/Close

Radio/Map/Radar/UAV... and more!

- Leaning does not have to be animated but imagine the benefits:

- Easier to see gauges

- Unscripted looking through viewports

- Looking in the vehicle mirrors (If we had R2T)

- For a Aircraft modding studios such these features would open up a whole Treasure chest of possibilities!

Edited by Welcome To Hell

I think various addons have already been able to do both of these things to some extent. Off of the top of my head, Noubernou recently demonstrated a proof of concept for flippable switches on on objects in OA.

@Welcome to hell

Clickable 3D Interface (Switches) by NouberNou:

mEqBj5dYKew

Leaning in planes (but not limited to) by me:

t23qEflD30A

It can be done, it only has to be done.

As it is now flippable switches work great when you're using it on a static object, however when motion, especially swift motion comes into play then things start getting iffy, using an "area" panel however it can still work midair.

I wouldn't expect them to the TKOH functions to A2 but it's possible that 6DOF and interactions with precision in motion may be possible in A3.

Well that's nice.

But Official support is always better! Menu item+ professionally implemented framework.

This better make it to ArmA 3!