Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.12

You need one of the RCs for the 1.60 Patch.

for example this one:

forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=128783

can someone help me with this problem, i dont know if its ace specific or not, but i have a very good mid level pc that gets no lag 30+ fps in all enviroments, but during missions and campaigns even when things are running smooth, script based stuff loads slow, ace recticles, immersive dismount, mission scrpits etc

You need one of the RCs for the 1.60 Patch.

for example this one:

forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=128783

i can get the game to run AO ace with the beta shortcut, but it gives me an error ingame about missing cba_ao because im a standalone user. I have arma 2, do i need ace 2 arma 2 content, and if so how do i initialize it with the beta?

By the way this is the target line in my shorcut:"\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@cba;@ace;@acex;@ace_sm -nosplash"

i can get the game to run AO ace with the beta shortcut, but it gives me an error ingame about missing cba_ao because im a standalone user. I have arma 2, do i need ace 2 arma 2 content, and if so how do i initialize it with the beta?

By the way this is the target line in my shorcut:"\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@cba;@ace;@acex;@ace_sm -nosplash"

I would reccomend using arma 2 launcher, it allows you to run Combined ops and run beta as well as organize mods and much more suuport

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241&highlight=ARMA%2B2%2BLAUNCHER

can someone help me with this problem, i dont know if its ace specific or not, but i have a very good mid level pc that gets no lag 30+ fps in all enviroments, but during missions and campaigns even when things are running smooth, script based stuff loads slow, ace recticles, immersive dismount, mission scrpits etc

Just to put my troubleshoot back on top for priority =P

I would reccomend using arma 2 launcher, it allows you to run Combined ops and run beta as well as organize mods and much more suuport
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241&highlight=ARMA%2B2%2BLAUNCHER

Just to put my troubleshoot back on top for priority =P

I took your advice and got arma 2 launcher, the only problem is it still says im a standalone once im ingame, as well as some other errors. what do i have arma 2 launcher use for the .exe , arma2AO.exe or the arma 2 AO beta exe?

also when i launch the game i get an error "Addon 'Etended_eventhandlers' requires addon 'CATracked2_AAV'

Edited by RespectShmaa

did you route both the arma 2 and operation arrowhead exe(s) when you first opened the launcher? and i think you havent fully installed your arma, if steam uninstall and reinstall, same thing for other means of purchase, because CATracked2_AAV is a default bis file

did you route both the arma 2 and operation arrowhead exe(s) when you first opened the launcher? and i think you havent fully installed your arma, if steam uninstall and reinstall, same thing for other means of purchase, because CATracked2_AAV is a default bis file

okay ill try a reinstall via steam.

Can someone answer my question now please?

I don't think it's a problem with ACE, it's more a problem with the game that makes scripts run a little behind, but i'm no expert

I don't think it's a problem with ACE, it's more a problem with the game that makes scripts run a little behind, but i'm no expert

i know its a problem with the game, but when i posted it in general it got locked so i figured the next best place to come to would be here, do u know of anyway to fix this? mods parameters?

Try this: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=6713 also try posting the same thing back in general but don't mention any mods, just say scripted actions are lagging or something along those lines. I found what happened best with performance on my system was having two user accounts, one for gaming and one for everything else. On the account for gaming have very few processes start on startup and use gamebooster. Defragging helps too

when i posted it in general it got locked so i figured the next best place to come to would be here

The first best place is here. The authors of the scripts are here, the people who play the mod are here, and the people who know about the mod's capabilities and quirks are here.

Yo guys, whats up with the tailrotor? I know that i can get hit by it if it's still running, but after like 1-2mins of not moving it still kills me?! I was like nooo... :)

Was it on a server or single play? I think when it's in MP there seems to be some sort of lag for it and it'll still get you. Reason you never go there :P Even when you think it's safe XD

Quick question if I may; am I right that the spotting scope and mounted (tripod) SOFLAM are both broken in ACE2 at present? I can set them up and 'get into' them, but nothing I do seems to let me look through the optics. I have tried all the actions menus, Windows key, interaction key etc but no joy.

BTW I have looked all over the place regarding this question but couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere, hence asking here. Trust me, I'm not one to ask questions without searching extensively for the answer first.

Cheers ACE guys, and have a great Christmas and New Year. :)

Quick question if I may; am I right that the spotting scope and mounted (tripod) SOFLAM are both broken in ACE2 at present? I can set them up and 'get into' them, but nothing I do seems to let me look through the optics. I have tried all the actions menus, Windows key, interaction key etc but no joy.

BTW I have looked all over the place regarding this question but couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere, hence asking here. Trust me, I'm not one to ask questions without searching extensively for the answer first.

Cheers ACE guys, and have a great Christmas and New Year. :)

Both works, just use the optic key ( default numpad 0). Thats the same for example for mounted M2 on the hmmwv.

But last time i tried the soflam tripod it was still WIP, when you exited it, you where placed on top of it, an sometimes wounded, and also you wouldn't be able to use it as a laser( it worked just like a spoting scope)

Anyways it have been a while since i tested it, so it may be broken right now, if thats the case, just create a ticket :P

Hi

First, ACE is a fantastic mod and I wouldn't want to Arma without it!

Question: why are there ace interaction keys (self and other) instead of 'simply adding actions to the default Arma mouse wheel 'activity menu'? Searched but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Hi

afaik there's no way to change the order of command during a mission - a leftover tank crewman, surviving chopper gunner or squad leftover cannot change its controlling organization.

That makes communication and orientation more difficult than it should be (for example FTHud being oblivious to a joiner).

So ... if it was possible to use the interaction menu to add lower rank friendlies to the team (pending Arma scripting to allow that, I assume) that would be great.

Couldn't find this discussed aside from BIS discussion on Arma 3. Maybe someone with the know how would be interested in adding that.

Cheers

Hi

First, ACE is a fantastic mod and I wouldn't want to Arma without it!

Question: why are there ace interaction keys (self and other) instead of 'simply adding actions to the default Arma mouse wheel 'activity menu'? Searched but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks

Because you Action menu would be full of stuff. Browsing to the correct entry and selecting it would take longer than to press a button and to select the desired action

help plz:

I'm playing my mission with bon inf's recruit script. For some reason the javelin-Ai is spawning without any jav ammo. Also i can't find any matching ammo in the ammobox, or i got all slots empty, pick a jav, but no rocket is being displayed. Any clue why??

mh ok i see, i can'T figure out how to load it, it's red= so not loaded, but not that important.

I'm really sorry for asking that much, but i really like redoing my mission to fully ace support.

1. When i revive my ai with ace wounds, he is waking up, works fine, but he lost his weapons. Do i have to add any code to the init? Couldn't find it in the wiki

2. I followed the instructions from the wiki with the slingload. I picked that white rope, used right windows key to attach sling to vehicle. Mate was hovering 6m over vehicle, i used windows key again to attach, "an error occured with the slingload feature".. Do i need a module for it in the mission??

Thx again

For the Jav : Take the tube, then scroll with Mousewheel to "load CLU", click, Jav ready.

And for aiming a Target you have to use the Numpad "+" for narrow view, and the "N" Key for TI View. Otherwise the Rocket will not lock. :)

For the Jav : Take the tube, then scroll with Mousewheel to "load CLU", click, Jav ready.

Alternatively, you can hit your reload weapon key. ;)

mhm, thats not working for me. A lot of strange things are going on, i don't see some ammo types or guns that others see. They use ace_navy, but i haven#t used that while creating the mission..whatever..i take smaw instead of jav..Thx for info anyways..