Sign in to follow this  
UKCarbine

Smoke/Dust textures corrupt

Hi All,

I have a problem running ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA.

Basically I get weird corrupt textures on the smoke/dust.

Here are some links to screen shots

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542905319899211114/B4B08FB8E6C7559128C2F5320687803559D9E1C2/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542905319899205026/F20E7C9F7F6CDFB9D31F6F3CCF48CF81C6AFFDE2/

I have tried disabling post processing and reducing the graphics to low but no joy.

I have no problems with any other games I run (COD-BO, BFBC2, Napoleon Total War etc etc) BUT....and heres the rub....it is a laptop with a Radeon HD6630 graphics card. Now if it ran nothing else I would be none too bothered but everything else is fine and ARMA 2 actually runs beautifully apart from this!

So while I know laptops are not really supported, this is the age of gaming spec units so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Vostro 3550

BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/26/11 09:30:08 Ver: 04.06.04

Processor: Intel® Core i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8100MB RAM

Page File: 4879MB used, 11316MB available

Windows Dir: C:\windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DP

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Card name: Mobile Intel® HD Graphics

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip type: Intel® HD Graphics Family

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&SUBSYS_04CD1028&REV_09

Display Memory: 766 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1068 MB

Shared Memory: 3793 MB

Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: unknown

Monitor Id: AUO23EC

Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (60.048Hz)

Output Type: Internal

Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32

Yep, its Steam version so has the latest updates.

Drivers are up to date, although I imagine not a current as desktop cards.

I think you have problem with Switchable Graphics Technology. Try to disable in bios integrated graphics card or in CCC assign ArmA2&ArmAOA exe to ATI.

In case an application that can't be assigned to a certain graphics card autonomously is opened (which was the case in about 50% of the programs), a small info window pops up. It forwards the user to the appropriate tab of the Catalyst Control Center where the right graphics card can be assigned with a simple mouse click.

Thanks Horus I have now done that and it seems to be OK! Touch wood problem solved.

I have exorcised the demons, this laptop is clean!

I'm glad that you solve the problem :)

hi there! i have the same problem although mine is not as easy, i have an AMD rather than an ATI, i have a different interface for CCC.exe than the ATI, i have called lenovo support to ask them how to disable the Intel graphics 3000 card, and all he did was confirm what i said at the start which was "you cant disable the intergrated in the bios system". I have also tried disabling the intel graphics card in Device manager which essentially just made the computer look like its in safe mode (you know everythings made bigger) and then i tryed to run arma a2 with just the one graphics card running, and i got an error that basically said that it couldnt be ran by that video device so then i enabled the intel and disabled the AMD and the same error, so essentially at the moment my laptop has to run both video cards :L

oh and i run the game in high performance (which makes the AMD run) and no dice, it still makes the particles change colour. So essentially im stuck.

oh and got the newest update of arma and latest drivers.

so yep, kinda stuck but thanks for forwarding me here Horus, now i know what the problem is! :) so anyone got any ideas?? :P cheers again Horus

:welcome: maybe try with latest bios version 1.16....and AMD for me will forever remain ATI :)

Ok just installing it now :D, fingers crossed ey! will post results... :)

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Ok installed it, and hasnt changed a thing :( im beginning to hate switchable graphics -_- it has ruined a great game! But thanks for the help Horus, if you can think of anything else im willing to try anything! :P goodnight

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Ah actually, i almost forgot, today we updated 6600m (found another forum for starcraft despite not actually playing or owning the game) but they said to update the graphics card, so we did, and lo, the game looked normal again, but we dropped from 50 - 60 fps on medium/high to 12 - 15 fps on Lowest but no other game was affected (we tried Medal of honor tier one and Red orchestra 2) both of which highest graphics played smoothly with high FPS, so arma2 and arma OA were the only games to be seriously affected by this update. Just one step forward two steps back.

Ah actually, i almost forgot, today we updated 6600m (found another forum for starcraft despite not actually playing or owning the game) but they said to update the graphics card, so we did....

I'm sorry but I am a bit confused ... you update the drivers for your graphics card or bought a new graphics card :confused:

Hi there!! i didnt see there was a second page running, thought i was left for dead! well, i updated his graphics card which fixed the problem he was having, but even putting the game to lowest graphics he still had about 8 fps so essentially, updating his graphics card fixed the problem, and now has created another one. His specs are much better than mine, and even i can play it lowest graphics with a constant 50fps but he can no longer play the game due to his fps being slashed by the new update :L broken out of one problem straight into another :P sorry for replying like a month later