Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: "Tab" targeting issues

Quote Originally Posted by NoRailgunner View Post
    Or do you really think that flying close to Mach 1 over BIS islands last long enough to go through all procedures and switches via mouse/keyboard clicky?
    Yes I think If I drive column with 10 tanks and someone lock and kill me out of optical view just pressing 10 times it is exploit bug or cheat what ever you called and broken game play.It is not only mine opinion.Problem that people who writing on forums and who playing actual game abit different.
    People who playing game try game found bugs and erase from hdd check other game.People who write on forums looks like only write on forums - not playing at all

also idea how to simply implement locking system:

For vet mod only
    Keep TAB to lock target only to identify it but rocket should follow mouse cursor ,pilot should switch on in free-view mode (* on numpad) and using mouse guide rocket until it hit target.
    It not required graphic changing only coding.Additional chat and time delay welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by kotov12345 View Post
    also idea how to simply implement locking system:

For vet mod only
    Keep TAB to lock target only to identify it but rocket should follow mouse cursor ,pilot should switch on in free-view mode (* on numpad) and using mouse guide rocket until it hit target.
    It not required graphic changing only coding.Additional chat and time delay welcome.
    Oh god, not this shit again.

So fire and forget missiles, for example: radar guided hellfires would somehow be better/more realistic if you have to optically guide them to the target?

We already had this derp fest of "lol optically guide all the things! its moar real!!!", please lets not do it again...
    Quote Originally Posted by ***LeGeNDK1LLER*** View Post
    well you are 1 of the greatest examples that pressing the reply button doesn't mean necessarily answering.

Quote Originally Posted by DM View Post

So fire and forget missiles, for example: radar guided hellfires would somehow be better/more realistic if you have to optically guide them to the target?
    go to youtube write hellfire in searchbox watch videos and AFTER THAT tell which system is more realistic

Quote Originally Posted by kotov12345 View Post
    go to youtube write hellfire in searchbox watch videos and AFTER THAT tell which system is more realistic
    I don't base my knowledge on youtube thanks

The Longbow radar/FCS presents the gunner with a list of targets, prioritised by threat. He just picks the one he wants to fire missiles at, then fires ze missiles. Very much like the tab-lock system (except tab-lock doesn't prioritise)

I'll re-quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by DM View Post
    please lets not do it again...
    Manually guided missiles should be manually guided.
    Fire and forget missiles should be fire and forget.

What if there are missiles which can be manually guided but also can lock on target or stay locked on current target if the connection is lost? Damn technology and progress....

@ DM

What about T34, T55, T72, LAV25, BMP2, AH1Z, Mi24, etc?

If you enjoy my work and want to my support efforts doing this for a living,
    please consider to become a patreon - Community Funded Modding!

(302 of 1000$ per month by 34 patrons reached for first tier)

Current projects: CUP, AiA TP, AiA SA, AiA HQ, IFA3

Help: Got a crash? Report it! What is the RPT log file?

Quote Originally Posted by PvPscene View Post
    @ DM

What about T34, T55, T72, LAV25, BMP2, AH1Z, Mi24, etc?
    AH1Z/Mi24 should have manually guided missiles (as I said), except where the AH-1Z is equipped with radar hellfires and is pairing with say a Longbow Apache providing targeting data via datalink.

The rest shouldn't have radars to start with, but that's about sensors, not about guidance.

Thanks

Well the topic initial was about radar behavior.

In any case I don't see BI change anything anyway - unfortunately.
    Especially if a change would break gameplay vs AI (SP).

when you have a AI gunner,and then you press TAB to lock a target that means that AI is doing that guiding stuff for you.

Do you think it's realistic to switch to gunner seat in an apache to guide a missile and then go back to pilot's seat ?

Use bombs if you dont like tab,they re even more effective,go to editor place some warfare buildings aand train on bombing them ...

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast