Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Recommended joystick?

Recommended joystick?

Hi,

I would like to ask for some recommendations for a good joystick for playing ToH. I must say I little idea about joysticks, so any information is welcome. I guess it is possible to obtain joysticks that include pedals, but I would rather get something that fits on a table.

- How many buttons/degrees of freedom should I look for?
    - What are the best brands?

Thanks in advance.

I own a Logitech 3d Pro. It is not the best but it does the job right for my needs
    It all depends on the price you are willing to pay. As for brand, you got Saitek, Logitech and Thrustmaster to look for.
    Pro:
    Saitek - X52 (pro or not) - joy and thrust
    Thrust - Hotas Cougar - joy and thrust
    Logitech G940 - joy, thrust and pedals

Normal
    Logitech 3d Pro
    Saitek Cyborg Fly 5

My 2 cents anyways
    Spoiler:

warthdog = overkill (plus i prefer the f16 look over the A10 one )

SA: dude, you following me posts around those forums now?

Quote Originally Posted by PuFu View Post
    warthdog = overkill (plus i prefer the f16 look over the A10 one )

SA: dude, you following me posts around those forums now?
    when you tank about Cougar and Warthog you are far beyond overkill I have a cougar and I would advise against it (yes it is an amaizing piece of kit to hold in your hand, looks awesome, feels better) simply because it is 10 years old, no support for it, no drivers for current systems, very prone to HW failure (my PC just stops recognizing it) very shitty software. Warthog however is brand new, is fully supported and much improved (however very expensive, however if you could cash out for Cougar, you can cash out for warthog probably too).

@pufu

you just posting everywhere man!

Im very happy with Saitek's X52 Pro and ProFlight Pedals for ArmA and FSX and DCS. Mine does the job for 3 years now without problems that other like to report to support Thrustmaster sales

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Assassin View Post
    when you tank about Cougar and Warthog you are far beyond overkill I have a cougar and I would advise against it (yes it is an amaizing piece of kit to hold in your hand, looks awesome, feels better) simply because it is 10 years old, no support for it, no drivers for current systems, very prone to HW failure (my PC just stops recognizing it) very shitty software. Warthog however is brand new, is fully supported and much improved (however very expensive, however if you could cash out for Cougar, you can cash out for warthog probably too).
    Might be right, my experience with cougar was pretty limited, used it a couple of times with Il2 at a friend. Liked that a lot

@pufu

you just posting everywhere man!
    Chrome is the only thing working while i wait for the render to finish there is 4h left of that

If you don’t want peddles then you will want a joystick with a twisting axis to the handgrip to replicate rudder/tail rotor/nose wheel steering axis giving you the 3 axis of flight, you then need a 4th axis for a throttle/collective.

Thanks for the recommendations, very useful

10.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #10

Cool

Personally I've been developing using:
    • Keyboard and mouse
    • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    • Saitek X52 Pro (stick and throttle)
    • Xbox 360 controller

I like the additional buttons I can map on the X52, such as more POV switches for looking around and moving my head. But as a regular player the fairly simple Logitech has my vote. It provides all the analogue control I want (small throttle slider and twist-grip for pedals), works very well and does not clutter my desk
    Bohemia Interactive
    Arma 3 - Project Lead
    Watch us, tweet us, poke us

Take On Helicopters - Project Lead
    Take On Noisecontrollers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast