Sign in to follow this  
Varanon

FHQ Coop Mission Pack 1

FHQ Coop Mission Pack #1

by Alwarren and Varanon

Update: v1.2

Download

- Fixed a lot of issues that appeared on dedicated servers

- Added a new mission (Needle in a Haystack Chernarus)

Welcome to the FHQ Coop mission pack #1. This package contains eleven cooperative multiplayer missions for ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead. All missions work without any addons, although they need Combined Operations (ArmA 2 + Operation Arrowhead) as well as the BAF and PMC downloadable content (they will work with Lite versions).

All of the missions are for 1 to 6 players.

We welcome feedback and would like to hear of any bugs you encounter. To contact us, write an email, or send a PM on this forum:

Alwarren: hans-joerg@friedenhq.org

Varanon: thomas@friedenhq.org

Missions:

Zargabad Dawn (Zargabad)

The Company's headquarter in Zargabad was hit by an artillery strike, killing most of the contractors. As one of the few survivors, you are trying to get out of the city alive. A stealth mission with a sort of "survival horror" type gameplay. No AI team mates.

Needle in a Haystack (Takistan, Chernarus)

A US army base in Takistan is tasked destroying a bunch of ammo and weapons caches the insurgents have hidden in the area. Use the UAV to find them and blow them up. This mission is randomly created, with selectable weather, time of day, and multiple possibilities for operational areas.

Airport Security (Takistan)

Behind enemy lines, a German KSK team sneaks into Rasman Airport to destroy air defense positions. A stealth mission without AI team mates.

General Mortars (Takistan)

As a US Army Rifle Squad, you are tasked with finding and eliminating Takistani Militia mortar teams operating in the area of Kakaru.

Black Box (Chernarus)

After a drone was shot down in northern Chernarus in the Petrovka region, a SpecOps team is sent in to retrieve the drone's black box containing intelligence data before the Chedaki find it.

Operation Hesiod (Chernarus)

Prior to Operation Pandora, the invasion of Chernarus, a Force Recon team is inserted into the harbor of Chernogorsk to destroy a Chedaki radar installation. A stealth mission against

an overwhelming OPFOR with a focus on not being detected at all. Don't take too long, or dawn will come and all hope of concealment will be gone. We suggest switching off AI team mates (they will most likely give you away at some point).

War Criminal (Chernarus)

British Forces have learned about a Takistani war criminal hiding in Khelm with some Chedaki allies. A team is sent in to bring him in to answer for his crimes.

Insertion (Chernarus)

A US Force Recon team is sent to Chernarus' northern shore to laser-paint an artillery site to allow allied planes to bomb it. First, though, the team must disable the air defense to prevent the planes from being shot down.

Self Service (Shapur)

Insurgents fighting the Takistani Army have learned of a convoy delivering weapons to one of the Takistani bases in the north. A small team is sent to ambush the convoy and claim the weapons for the resistance. Low-tech mission with mostly iron-sighted guns.

Fuel (Proving Grounds)

After World War III, the surviving mankind fights for resources. As member of a large warband, you lead a small team to capture a fuel station from a rival gang. Either assault directly without any heavy weapons, possibly facing mechanized infantry, or try to organize heavy weapons first

risking dawn to come before you reach the enemy station.

Edited by Varanon
New version

I love small coop missions, so I decided to put these up on a little coop server - it's for max 6 players, uses the latest beta dedi and is called Small Public Coop Server (Vanilla CO 84467, FHQ), if anyone wants to use it. :)

Btw. I've only briefly looked into two of the missions, but already have some feedback:

- Airport Security has several floating vehicles standing around; I saw one tractor and one jeep floating in the air. I'm afraid I can't say exactly where they were, but I saw them in the beginning while moving SW from the spawn location, through the village.

- Needle in a Haystack displayed one error during the briefing and one at mission begin. Then, after about 20 seconds, it simply ended saying that Alpha had completed the mission. Here's the RTP output:

=====================================================================

== E:\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "E:\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -showScriptErrors

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2011/09/10 01:25:13

Current time: 2011/09/10 16:39:47

Version 1.59.84467

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

Cannot create object 2:362

Cannot create object 2:363

Cannot create object 2:364

Cannot create object 2:365

Cannot create object 2:366

Cannot create object 2:367

Cannot create object 2:368

Cannot create object 2:369

technical_2d: Getting out while IsMoveOutInProgress

technical_2g: Getting out while IsMoveOutInProgress

apc_3c: Getting out while IsMoveOutInProgress

apc_3d: Getting out while IsMoveOutInProgress

apc_3g: Getting out while IsMoveOutInProgress

apc_3g: Getting out while IsMoveOutInProgress

Error in expression <AreaOfOperationLink = "<marker name='"+ AreaOfOperationMarker +"'>" + AreaOfOper>

Error position: <AreaOfOperationMarker +"'>" + AreaOfOper>

Error Undefined variable in expression: areaofoperationmarker

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Takistan\init.sqf, line 160

Error in expression <HQ_showMarker", false, true];

}

else

{

[_helo, _type] spawn

{

_helo = _this sele>

Error position: <_helo, _type] spawn

{

_helo = _this sele>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _helo

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Takistan\functions\helo\fn_showHeloMarker.sqf, line 19

Error in expression <) then

{

_type = "o_air";

};

};

_mrk = createMarker [name (driver helo) + "_mar>

Error position: <createMarker [name (driver helo) + "_mar>

Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Takistan\functions\helo\fn_showHeloMarker.sqf, line 38

Creation of 2:1012 ignored, state GAME FINISHED

Error loading control mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Takistan\description.ext/RscTitles/RscFHQTitle/Line1/

Error loading control mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Takistan\description.ext/RscTitles/RscFHQTitle/Line2/

Error loading control mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Takistan\description.ext/RscTitles/RscFHQTitle/Line3/

Error loading control mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Takistan\description.ext/RscTitles/RscFHQTitle/Line4/

Error loading control mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Takistan\description.ext/RscTitles/RscFHQTitle/Line5/

- Airport Security has several floating vehicles standing around; I saw one tractor and one jeep floating in the air. I'm afraid I can't say exactly where they were, but I saw them in the beginning while moving SW from the spawn location, through the village.

I suppose that is the Ambient Civilian Vehicles module, I noticed it sometimes spawns vehicles atop walls and things like that. I didn't place any vehicles myself (just the mission relevant stuff) I'll see whether I can run a cleanup that checks for oddly placed cars :)

- Needle in a Haystack displayed one error during the briefing and one at mission begin. Then, after about 20 seconds, it simply ended saying that Alpha had completed the mission. Here's the RTP output:

Werid, we always tested with showScriptErrors and that never happened O.o. Gonna have a look.

Thanks for the reports :)

Werid, we always tested with showScriptErrors and that never happened O.o. Gonna have a look.

The problem only happens on a dedicated server. I'll have a fix soon.

Hi Alwarren and Varanon!

I am really happy to see your pack. I am a member of Comrades in Arms, an ancient group of players that are dedicated to coop. It's really hard to find classical coop mission nowadays and I was really happy to find yours! I uploaded it to our server and went through all the missions from briefing to mission start, not further.I must say that I am impressed, and really looking forward to play them. They seem very professional and it seems that a lot of thinking and work were put into them.

In addition to MadDogX observation regarding "Needle in a Haystack", which I can confirm, I have found some errors, they are listed below. We are running a Linux server.

War Criminal - No HALO animation (just seeing the regular weapon hold stance, all team crash to death on impact with the ground.

Airport security - What's the toggle stealth option in the action menu? Doesn't seem to do anything visible.

Needle in a Haystack - Most briefing sections are empty, and no tasks are shown.

General comment - Several missions don't have number of players and respawn type indication on the mission selection screen.

The missions are hosted on the CiA server, and will be played on official Comrades in Arms coop night (every Sunday and Tuesday 21:00 CET). Check my signature for details! :yay:

Looking forward anxiously for FHQ coop mission pack #2!!!

Edited by Variable

It's really hard to find classical coop mission nowadays and I was really happy to find yours!

Heh, yeah that was the primary motivation behind it :)

I uploaded it to our server and went through all the missions from briefing to mission start, not further.I must say that I am impressed, and really looking forward to play them. They seem very professional and it seems that a lot of thinking and work were put into them.
Thanks :) We tried to make things look polished by having overview pictures, load screens, and functional briefing everywhere.
We are running a Linux server.
That's the problem I think. We have never tested them on dedicated servers, and some of them simply don't work. We're working on fixing these issues. Especially the missing HALO in War Criminal and the issues with Haystack are caused by this. Probably others too.
Airport security - What's the toggle stealth option in the action menu? Doesn't seem to do anything visible.
Basically it only sets you to Stealth, so that speech is whispered instead of spoken. Doesn't really have a function, but I always found it a mood breaker when the AI is quiet and the leader is barking :)
General comment - Several missions don't have number of players and respawn type indication on the mission selection screen.
Unless the AI is disabled, all missions are respawn - Side, and allow team switch.
Looking forward anxiously for FHQ coop mission pack #2!!!
Already in the works ;)

Thanks for the feedback. We'll be correcting the issues with dedicated servers and update the pack ASAP. It's a lesson learned, next time we're going to test with Dedicated servers too.

Heh, yeah that was the primary motivation

Basically it only sets you to Stealth, so that speech is whispered instead of spoken. Doesn't really have a function, but I always found it a mood breaker when the AI is quiet and the leader is barking :)

I hear you on this one, immersion killers are indeed a pain in Arma 2... That's a good idea, you might want to add a reference to that on the briefing notes or something, most players won't be able to guess what this extra action is all about.

Already in the works ;)

:yay:

Thanks for the feedback. We'll be correcting the issues with dedicated servers and update the pack ASAP. It's a lesson learned, next time we're going to test with Dedicated servers too.

Excellent. If you want help with that let me know. You are both welcome to play coop with us anyway, check my signature for details :)

An updated version is available now. This update fixes most of the issues that popped up on dedicated servers (teaches me to test on dedicated servers, too). Download link in first post updated.

An updated version is available now. This update fixes most of the issues that popped up on dedicated servers (teaches me to test on dedicated servers, too). Download link in first post updated.

Thanks a lot! Uploading to server. By the way, we have played today airport security. Great mission! Next time we try, I'll fraps and upload it to Youtube :)

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

Update: Something in the new update is crashing our server. Could you please check?

[/color]Update: Something in the new update is crashing our server. Could you please check?

Hmm, very strange, it works for me here.

When does it crash ? And what mission (if it's loading a mission that crashes it). Can you provide the server's RPT file ? Linux or Windows server ?

Hmm, very strange, it works for me here.

When does it crash ? And what mission (if it's loading a mission that crashes it). Can you provide the server's RPT file ? Linux or Windows server ?

Varanon, maybe the problem is on my side. We are renaming all missions to meet our naming convention so maybe I did a mistake during the renaming process. Let me check and I will get back to you. Hopefully tomorrow.

Had a blast with me mate playing Zargabad Dawn last nite -crawling, sneaking and making our way to extraction without firing 1 shot. Unfortunately, I didn't understand that 'communication satchel' -meant radio to call home. Hour wasted :(

Also, what exactly does 'toggle sneak' do and how do you know if it's on/off?

Is ArmA2 (or CO) needed to play the Takistan and Proving Grounds Coop missions ?

Let me check and I will get back to you. Hopefully tomorrow

Great, thanks.

Had a blast with me mate playing Zargabad Dawn last nite -crawling, sneaking and making our way to extraction without firing 1 shot. Unfortunately, I didn't understand that 'communication satchel' -meant radio to call home. Hour wasted :(

Glad you liked it :). You don't actually need the 'satchel', it's more or less a bonus objective. To get the chopper to pick you up, you need to shoot a flare or use a smoke grenade, that's all...

The 'satchel' is a nod at the "nuclear football", which is also called "The President's satchel". It's a briefcase that contains communication equipment needed to authorize a nuclear attack. Basically, a very secure communications device.

Also, what exactly does 'toggle sneak' do and how do you know if it's on/off?

It simply toggles your player's stealth to make him whisper. Basically, just to "set the mood"...

Is ArmA2 (or CO) needed to play the Takistan and Proving Grounds Coop missions ?

In general, the missions need Combined Ops. Never tested without it, and I'm pretty sure they won't work with standalone ArmA 2 or Arrowhead.

Ok, the pack works on the CiA server :yay:

One issue seem to remain:

we have completed "Airport Security" and "Fuel". Great missions by the way... However,

end triggers didn't work. Although all objectives were completed, the mission didn't end. In "Fuel" after clearing the fuel station we were ordered back to the "barn", but map didn't indicate were this barn was. My guess is that the mission was suppose to end at this point...?

In airport security we have destroyed all three AA emplacements and got into the extraction vehicle. It drove south, and after a while it stopped and nothing happened.

Edited by Variable

Ok, the pack works on the CiA server :yay:

One issue seem to remain:]

Sigh... the joys of standalone servers :| FUEL was my very first mission, so I wasn't aware of a lot of problems with standalone servers...

Anyway, fixed the problems, we'll update them later. Thanks for the feedback

Airport Security played on the CiA server:

(Play in HD and turn up your volume)

mpYq2TbO3YA

:bounce3:

Really nice missions - congrats! We're not yet done with all of them but enjoyed the ones we played so far very much.

Two problems we had:

Zargabad Dawn - Our taxi at the end never arrived. We waited for quite some time at the designated LZ :confused: We had the feeling that he was shot down on it's way.

Black Box - We reached the wreck but we were not able do recover/find the box :confused: How should that be done?

Oh, btw: We played on a dedi.

Edited by sxp2high

Really nice missions - congrats! We're not yet done with all of them but enjoyed the ones we played so far very much.

Two problems we had:

Zargabad Dawn - Our taxi at the end never arrived. We waited for quite some time at the designated LZ :confused: We had the feeling that he was shot down on it's way.

Black Box - We reached the wreck but we were not able do recover/find the box :confused: How should that be done?

Oh, btw: We played on a dedi.

Did you pop smoke? If memory serves, it's required in order for the chopper to arrive (and mentioned in the briefing

About the Black box - Yep. We had the same problem on our dedicated Linux server.

Did you pop smoke? If memory serves, it's required in order for the chopper to arrive (and mentioned in the briefing

About the Black box - Yep. We had the same problem on our dedicated Linux server.

Yep, we popped all the smoke we had :D

It's a pretty "loud" mission (lots of battles going on)... but i think i heard the chopper for a short time. So i guess, he was in fact, shot down.

Not a big deal, since the mission is almost over at this point anyway.

Good missions nonetheless :thumbsup:

Good missions nonetheless :thumbsup:

Thanks.

I guess I have to add an alternative extraction in case what you describes happens...

And we still didn't get all the dedicated server issues, it seems :confused:

Security played on the CiA server:

Thanks for sharing :D

Yep I can third that - played on Win dedi server. But the whole mission pack looks very promissing. :)

Two problems we had:

We experienced an identical problem on the Black Box mission.

Our leader spent 5 mins trying to find it.

Then another squad member (medic) walked up and found it straight away.

Very furstrating.

A bug? Or just bad luck?

In any case we played the mission with the 1.60 patch and it wasn't hosted on a dedicated server.

1 minor detail, it would have been nice to have to call the helo from extraction using the radio menu, rather than it automatically triggering on our arrival. Perhaps more importantly, it would have been better (more tension) if the helo had taken longer to arrive. IIRC it arrived barely 1-min after it was triggered. This seems a little unrealistic, as this would only have been possible if it was A) hovering and B) holding less than 1km away.

So maybe have the helo in a holding pattern some 5-10 klicks away and/or parked waiting? I think that the increased wait (5 mins) would provide a nice increase in tension before the end of the mission.

That said we really enjoyed the mission.

We're looking forward to playing some more of your creations!

I'll have a look again at Black Box. I can imagine what's wrong, it was my first mission :)