This is the very nice camera script lifted directly from Mondkalb "Window Of Opportunity" RTS game mode.
NOTE: 99.9 percent of this is Monkalbs, due to his open notes to modify & direct contact/permission I lifted the camera script out on its own.
1. Camera Map is now small minimap thats less intrusive to still view battles from camera while moving around.
NOTE: tested on 1440x900 16:10 & Interface Size "Small" (it may differ with larger and lower res).
If this is not right then let me know I can center it again.
2. Camera Map scale zoom is a little less when opened & contour info removed.
3. Map toggle key is now TAB (less reaching for the M key)
4. Reset camera view is now LEFT SHIFT key (less reaching for the backspace key)
5. Camera Icon change (cosmetic)
6. Removal of allot of unnecessary code from older Mondkalb's version thats not camera related & more tidying up, and no doubt more later.
V0.5 (Initial release/changes from Mondkalb's version)
1. Removed WASD as it was not smooth enough, map & mouse use instead for the moment.
2. Camera map view has change of icon and uses single left click to change camera (or right double)
3. On executing camera it opens in map view first which seemed more logical when playing in HC mode.
4. Map mode zoom is less and will fix on the camera map icon when returning back to map view (rather than focusing to player) - Exiting to in-game and returning back to cam map will still default back to player currently).
5. Right hand GUI from WOO has been removed so its full screen cam with no overlays/menu's. (not reflected in the video as it was recorded before changes).
To Do & Still puzzling over
More interaction from the camera and camera map of the game.
Click able move when in camera view
Neater way to exit camera (buttons).
After using the camera in Mondkalb Window Of Opportunity I realised it was a nice smooth basic camera that could be used for High Command
to overview the battle field, or any situation where you wanted a nice smooth RTS style camera to watch battles (I mainly play SP).
There are some nice camera scripts but I found this one to be a good instant camera with smooth movement for overviewing.
"Warfare Cam" was the name not because of warfare missions but that its a camera to watch warfare happen
RTS style game / High Command / Warfare type game where you want to overview the battle better as a commander. Although it mainly was just for
Tested vanilla on 1.59 OA CO.
Not tested at all for MP, SP only really.
This is the first version from Mondkalb WOO (which was the smoothest), so it does not support WASD like his latest version.
I am no scripter, so some code may be from WOO thats just junk although all credits in code to Mondkalb reflect this (in the header).
Not sure on how much I can help on issues as I am merely lifting code, not "coding"
1. Copy the folder "Warfare_Cam" to your mission folder.
2. Enter the following 2 lines into your "description.ext" (or create one if you mission doesn't have one):
3. To execute the script you can do things in a few ways:
A: In your mission init.sqf enter:
 execVM "Warfare_Cam\Basic_Config.sqf";
B: In your player/unit/leader/commander init line:
this = execVM "Warfare_Cam\Basic_Config.sqf";
3. For a quick solution to use camera for all and also when your inside a vehicle create a radio slot trigger with this init:
null = execVM "Warfare_Cam\MainInterface.sqf";
Basic_Config.sqf has be be initialised first before use of radio trigger.
The very simple demo missions shows the radio trigger example/init unit way, just get into vehicle and select radio for the option.
Copy "WARFARE_CAM_DEMO_0.6.utes" folder to your my documents arma2 missions folder.
How To Use:
Select "Warfare Camera" from the action menu which will open into the cameras own map view.
The camera is represented by the red arrow.
Map click to move the camera/arrow anywhere on the map, then select M again to exit map view and go to camera view.
= Toggle Camera Map
Left or Right mouse single click
= Move camera (in map view).
Move Mouse up/left/right/down
= Move the camera (in camera view).
Middle Mouse Wheel
= Camera zoom.
= Change camera direction and height.
= Switch camera to its default height/view (useful when your cam gets in a funny position).
= Will snap camera back to player position (wherever you are on the map at that time).
= Toggle Night Vision.
= quit camera back to first person play.
Myself - MrCash2009
for lifting the camera & small changes.
and his rather nice "Window Of Opportunity" (WOO) RTS game mode, without this I would have had no chance
His RTS mode/missions can be found here:
for PM banter all about cameras and wish lists, plus dreaming of being better at code