Sign in to follow this  
Reezo

EOD Mod

EOD Mod

by Reezo

sr5banner11.jpg

Visit us at: www.sr5tactical.net

Just to make it as clear as possible, this mod is in BETA stage. The purpose of this release is to allow you (if you want) to provide me with debug and testing.

Description:

This mod brings IEDs and Suicide bombers into the game, as well as Thor 3 IED jammers, radio triggermen with random reactions etc. etc.

Most of the factors are randomized in order to give it a more realistic, varied and entertaining experience in accordance to the expectations of a title like ArmA 2.

Video tutorials, trailers, sneek peeks and guides:

Gameplay elements and features

ykAese9_ESo

Editing elements (2 parts)

jjKhZqoyyL0 |

kViS96tRVV8

Editing elements (IN ITALIAN for my italian friends)

learn English you schmucks, it's 2011!

jjKhZqoyyL0

A short gameplay example of a suicide bomber

j7Txz8L7h64

Disclaimer:

- The mod is still in beta testing and provided as is. There are no guarantess, for what I know this could even format your entire computer. I will only care if you provide me with sensible data/info etc.

- The purpose of releasing this at its present state is to get some kind of improved beta testing from you, users. Any PM/email/post asking "I tried this and that in my mission, but it does not work..can you help me set it up?" is going to be ignored. On the contrary, I will instantly pick, from your messages, if you are willing to provide some actual constructive feedback. This will grasp my attention.

- For beta testing reasons the mod outputs a lot of text to the main server log. I did this for two reasons: one, for keeping track of a good diagnostic log (that you can use, as well). Two, for hassling you people who want to use it in your dedicated servers right away. At its present state you will need some kind of controlled environment to run and test this. By the time you read this I might have released an updated version which takes care of what I just wrote, but who knows?

- No documentation, yet. All you need to know is in the videos posted above.

- The previous IED Detection and Disposal scripts are not part of this mod: this mod contains code that I re-wrote from scratch.

- I need feedback to fix and improve the actual mod behavior, not suggestions on NEW stuff to add. New stuff will be taken into account at a later stage. For now I will probably just ignore it, so don't ask.

- I might remove the ACE dependancy but for the moment it is pretty convenient to me for a number of reasons (not just gameplay reasons, but also technical).

- I won't remove the CBA dependancy. CBA should be default code in ArmA 2 by itself, it makes modding and scripting much easier and better in terms of performance for both the server and its connected clients.

- If you think the title "EOD Mod" is too much for this, I am sorry, I got to pick one and I did.

Features:

- Custom images and sounds

- Uses modules for ease of use

- Parameters fully customizable, for dynamic/persistent scenarios as well

- Works with virtually any mod

- SP and MP compatible

Requirements:

- CBA

- ACE Core

Credits:

Xeno - For all the coding tips, tutorials and IM chats

VIPER[CWW] - 'Allah Akbar' sound sample

SR5 Tactical - My men

License:

I don't want to say this is a masterpiece, but I know for sure I have put a lot of time and efforts in this scripts suite. If you want to make changes I would please ask you to contact me for my permission. I would also love to have more people work on this same thing rather than having 20 people working on the same thing with different names. I am open to critics and teamwork, I will try my best to make my skills match my enthusiasm.

Copyright:

Nothing I can really "claim" or track you down with..so please don't just be an assh*le and if you do any change to this script or implement it in your missions or scenarios..please add some kind of credit line to this work. It would be kind :)

How to pay me back:

I accept donations via PayPal, you can use albertors@gmail.com if you want. Yes, I am this dirty.

Mirroring and downloads:

v2.22 - http://www.multiupload.com/Z955SK2NOT

For feedback, email me at info(at)sr5tactical.net or shout your thoughts here.

Enjoy and have fun, see you on the battlefield,

- Reezo

Edited by Reezo

Possible to remove depedancy CBA & ACE

Quote from disclaimer:

- I might remove the ACE dependancy but for the moment it is pretty convenient to me for a number of reasons (not just gameplay reasons, but also technical).

- I won't remove the CBA dependancy. CBA should be default code in ArmA 2 by itself, it makes modding and scripting much easier and better in terms of performance for both the server and its connected clients.

(Possible to remove depedancy CBA & ACE plz ?)

Didn't actually read the post?

Thanks mate, been waiting a while for it but no documentation or demo mission on how to use it ... :(

Was very excited to see this and downloaded! Then I read about ACE dependancy and wasn't happy again.

Couple of things mate. Is it possible to release a script version of this mod? and guess what ..... ACE independent ?

Cheers Reezo! grats on release whatever you decide :)

PS also ... get this in Addons+Mods COMPLETED section where it deserves to be.

Thanks mate, been waiting a while for it but no documentation or demo mission on how to use it ...

You must be kidding me .. no wait, you have a CoD avatar so you might actually be serious :) Watch the videos .. I've spent hours shooting them, encoding them and uploading them to YouTube (blame my slow connection).

@Kremator I do not think I will release a script version of this, sorry. A non-ACE version is going to be already unlikely..I simply have no more time to work on ArmA 2 mods/scripts and what so ever so I intend to complete my actual projects and them move to playing with SR5, some mission making for the clan campaigns and that's it. Sorry, I am sure someone could pick up where I am going to leave the projects ;)

ATTENTION:

This mod requires @CBA and @ACE (meaning ACE Core, not Extras)

I found it erroneously quoted on Armaholic, where it says @ACEX is required. To my knowledge, only @CBA and @ACE are required.

Sorry for the misunderstanding,

Edited by Reezo

You must be kidding me .. no wait, you have a CoD avatar so you might actually be serious :) Watch the videos .. I've spent hours shooting them, encoding them and uploading them to YouTube (blame my slow connection).

LoL sorry mate, im in China so my YouTube is blocked! I cant see no videos without using a proxy!

at the time I couldnt be bothered to open up the proxy cause slow waiting and crap! so do excuse me... lol

Edited by DarkXess

Ah that is ok - reasonable explanation. No problem, I think I am going to write some documentation at a later stage..

Didn't actually read the post?

No written to small. I don't want to put my face 2 cm close to my screen, and ruin my eyes. :D

... Is it possible to release a script version of this mod? and guess what ..... ACE independent ?...
@Kremator I do not think I will release a script version of this, sorry. A non-ACE version is going to be already unlikely...I am sure someone could pick up where I am going to leave the projects ;)

I MIGHT be willing able to taking on the task of making it non-ACE dependent and/or a script version vs. an addon if Reezo approves. I need to get my AEG project to at least beta first and then evaluate. I have had a good deal of experience segregating script and addon versions of projects. No promises. I will take a look at it this weekend.

No written to small. I don't want to put my face 2 cm close to my screen, and ruin my eyes. :D

For some reason I had a sixth sense it was going to be my fault. Thanks for letting me know. Now I removed all the small text and reverted it back to normal.

I am sure no other disclaimer-related stupidity will ever pop up in this thread, now. For which, I am grateful to you! :D

I MIGHT be willing able to taking on the task of making it non-ACE dependent and/or a script version vs. an addon if Reezo approves.

I am pretty sure you will get my official approval, once the mod leaves its beta stage and becomes stable. Do not worry, it will presumably take quite a lot of time so it won't clash with your projects. Actually, thanks for the offer, I'll make sure I point out where the dependencies are to make it easier for you (that is, if I don't have time/resources to do the non-ACE version myself, of course).

Edited by Reezo

This mod requires @CBA and @ACE (meaning ACE Core, not Extras)

I found it erroneously quoted on Armaholic, where it says @ACEX is required. To my knowledge, only @CBA and @ACE are required.

Sorry for the misunderstanding,

Thats fixed now.

You did not specifiy this at first and most addons which require ACE (where it is also not speficied so I always need to guess) do require ACE2 - Extra, so I simply assumed this was the case here as well...........sorry for causing any further confusion. :)

I was joking lol. It's just my fault I didn't take the time to read all. :p

I will make an exeception for ace & cba because you did a really good job. Grazie mille :)

I was joking lol. It's just my fault I didn't take the time to read all. :p

I will make an exeception for ace & cba because you did a really good job. Grazie mille :)

No problem, I hate small text anyway (getting oldeeer ;)).

@Foxhound: Exactly, I just wrote "ACE" which was way too generic. Thanks for the update (and the newscast!)

Is it possible to get this new ACE Sr5 in script form? The unit that i make missions for does not allow me to use addons other than ACE so its really puts me in a bind when something is addon dependent.

Is it possible to get this new ACE Sr5 in script form? The unit that i make missions for does not allow me to use addons other than ACE so its really puts me in a bind when something is addon dependent.

Script form, and original idea can be found here, though this mod form is more optimized and improved...

A non ace version would be most welcome :)

As reezo has already stated it requires ACE because it uses an ACE PRC backpack that closely resembles the Thor III, the only way it wont require ACE if someone with experience in modelling donates a backpack to the mod :cool:

WOW!.. This looks like an instant classic! Looking forward to trying it out. I really like the method, and the features video was cool as heck.. Two thumbs up.

Thanks alot Reezo!

Feel like I'm hijacking this thread :D

Mind if I ask - what map did you use in the vid Reezo ?

Thanks,

Chapman

Looks like Zargabad...