Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: WW4 Modpack 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Bielow View Post
    I expected release when I spotted today that thread about ww4 2.1 is closed
    Me too
    Thank you for the mod Sanc

Thanks guys

Some bugs I noticed:

On the 1st person view the gunner's hatch doesn't fully rotate on the new Hummers as it does on the 3rd person view.

I also noticed that Everon and West army crewmen and pilots have different vests than the other units of the same factions.

The M235 rocket launcher crashes the game every time it's fired.
    -bug 1 : argh, i fixed that yesterday on the resolution lods that had been affected since i reworked the model, but completely forgot to check the lod.
    Fortunately it will be an easy fix, i wish i had noticed in my bug hunting nights before release.
    Will wait a few days to collect bugs report i have missed in my tests before releasing a patch.

-bug 2 : that's not a bug, i just re-used an existing texture (already used by the BIS replacement pilots and crew that featured body armor and crew/pilot headgear parts) to avoid having to create a whole new texture and have it loaded in memory in the same time as a texture that will already be in memory.

-bug 3 : this must be the most un-understandable problem i ever faced.
    The West -> Men -> Flash Grenadier has now a weapon using only .wss sounds, the scripts are much less ressource intensive than before and i shot this weapon thousand of time in the last month and never observed any kind of crash.

I really wonder why this is happening, anyone has an idea because i'm completely puzzled ?

Meanwhile, i suggest to people to remove the DMA_Flash.pbo from the addon folder.
    Considering that's not the first time i read about someone crashing their game while i have no such problem, for the future WW4 3.0 i will not include it.

Unless someone can help to find the exact reason of why this addon is crashing for some people and not for other.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
    this must be the most un-understandable problem i ever faced.
    The West -> Men -> Flash Grenadier has now a weapon using only .wss sounds, the scripts are much less ressource intensive than before and i shot this weapon thousand of time in the last month and never observed any kind of crash.

I really wonder why this is happening, anyone has an idea because i'm completely puzzled ?

Meanwhile, i suggest to people to remove the DMA_Flash.pbo from the addon folder.
    Considering that's not the first time i read about someone crashing their game while i have no such problem, for the future WW4 3.0 i will not include it.

Unless someone can help to find the exact reason of why this addon is crashing for some people and not for other.
    Is the DMA Invisible Fire object under Empty -> Objects somehow related to the rocket launcher? Because whatever it is, once it's lit on fire, it also crashes the game.

That DMA Invisible Fire object only come with the DMA_Flash.pbo, it's attached by script to the missile to make light at night (because the "missile" is in fact a grenade and so do not provide the light a missile exhaust should).

So this is what crash your game, i really wonder why, as it's only a child class from the camp Fire object that you can light in default OFP, with the difference being that its smoke is configured to not make .. smoke.

Now what is strange is that WW4 the mod have (in the ww4_helper.pbo) a WW4_LIGHTDES object that is similar, it is created when a vehicle is destroyed, that i use to provide the light of the vehicle being burning.

Do you crash after destroying a vehicle and watching it burn ?

hi,

I was waiting for this release nice job.

the scripts are much less ressource intensive than before and i shot this weapon thousand of time in the last month and never observed any kind of crash.
    I can have a look in the scripts (if it is the cause of crash).

cya.

Nikiller.
    [LOL] ofp/ArmA clan since 2004.
    No Respawns, No Crosshairs, No Muppets.
    Want a good ofp/ArmA2 coop? Visit the [LOL] clan homepage | ofp [LOL] addons pack | ArmA2 [LOL] addons pack

WW4mod25 sound replacement mod v1.1 | Nikiller's scripts pack

Thanks NiKiller, it would be helpfull if the source of the crash is not the fire object.

@Rellikki
    Can you please try this version of the DMA_Flash.pbo
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/pfzpj8

I have reconfigured the fire object to the exact same values as the fire object i use in WW4 burning scripts.
    It does not look as nice at night, but if it works for you, that's going on my hotfix list instead of just recommending to remove the pbo

@Rellikki
    Can you please try this version of the DMA_Flash.pbo
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/pfzpj8

I have reconfigured the fire object to the exact same values as the fire object i use in WW4 burning scripts.
    It does not look as nice at night, but if it works for you, that's going on my hotfix list instead of just recommending to remove the pbo
    This version seems to work perfectly. I had a whole squad with those rocket launchers shooting at tanks and didn't seem to experience any problems.

Excellent, could this year old puzzling problem be finally solved for everyone ?
    I sure hope so
    Though i really wonder why it worked for some people and not for everyone.

It will be included on the hotfix patch (with the hummer turret in 1st person) i should release tomorrow, waiting to see if some new bugs are going to appear meanwhile.

I believe this is a good chance to remind you of the bug I reported in the previous thread about the BTR-899s traveling too deep in the water, making them very hard to hit sometimes. Here's a good reference picture to align them correctly: http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/c.../BTR-80_00.jpg

hi,

ok, I had a look to your initflash.sqs script and it seems to be the nearestObject command used in a fast (<0.5 sec) and long loop who is problematic. I allready saw this issue in [LOL] MP missions before. This command used in a fast loop randomly crash clients and sometimes the server. Some clients never crash and some other crash very often. We didn't found what was the reason since it is very hard to reproduce reliably.

BTW I didn't crash when firing the weapon then it will be hard for me to see what really happens.

This kind of bug is pretty iritating, I hope you can fix it.

cya.

Nikiller.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast