Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 2.5

That's usually why world wars are started :)

No campaigns/missions for now, though now i have pushed that mod out i'll be able to focus again on mission making.

Seems the new fire object solved the crash some people had with the DMA_Flash from more reports, i really can't understand why but it's always good to know that it works for everyone now.

So none noticed any more bugs ?

Hopefully i'll make the patch release sometime later today.

(just noticed i re-broke the wound textures on the woodland and desert recon troops of the west, fortunately it was just a typo in the config, easy fix)

Edited by Sanctuary

fantastic release, good to see my favourite OFP mod still going strong. I hope my Nogovan Light Infantry are still good adversaries :)

fantastic job, that light patrol vehice is extremy goodlooking!

2 qs:

1. can u change the catholic churches on desert maps to mosque? or more "islamish" one?

2. why need to put rifle to back for climbing anim?

. Why in the ECP + WW4 are old units?

Because i'm not really interested in replacing the 80' units, those model replacement was just a bonus in the WW4 mod, the focus of my mod is on the WW4 troops, not on the old 80' ones.

Replacing them all and testing in ECP mod would have taken more time that i was willing to give.

But as i mentionned, everyone is allowed to modify and edit anything in my mod, so if someone want to post a ECP config with 80' soldiers/weapons replaced, it's totally OK with me.

fantastic release, good to see my favourite OFP mod still going strong. I hope my Nogovan Light Infantry are still good adversaries

Yes, they die very well ;)

fantastic job, that light patrol vehice is extremy goodlooking!

2 qs:

1. can u change the catholic churches on desert maps to mosque? or more "islamish" one?

2. why need to put rifle to back for climbing anim?

The light patrol vehicle you're probably refering to (the FAV i think) is the superb work of Macser.

1 - I'll work on a Mosque model for the future WW4 Modpack 3.0 , but they're not going to replace Churches though, as such building exist too in desert environment, the Mosques will be additions on the cities.

2 - because i noticed it was too easy to accidentally press TURBO+Move Backward when in a fighting situation, making the player to accidentally trigger the climb animation while he was just trying to move back, making him a sitting duck in front of a rain of bullet

Forcing now the Weapon on Back prevent such accident to happen.

I'm going to finalize the patch, anyone has a bug to report that is not included in my fixed list ?

-fixed : WW4 West Recon troops have their complete wound texture now

-fixed : the East WW4 Armor BTR999 floats a bit higher on water to prevent nearly invincibility against missiles

-fixed : the turret of the WW4 West HMMWV in 1st person view is now turning correctly

-fixed : the strange bug that made the M202A1 flash launcher to crash when firing for some people

-added : a rocket launcher version of the M202A1

Edited by Sanctuary

So none noticed any more bugs ?

I've only had a quick look so far, and it's not really a bug, but it took me 3 to 4 chest shots with the FN FAL to bring down enemies each and every time, surely that's a bit excessive for a 7,62 :butbut:

Update: it only seems to happen when I hit one of my own guys, the enemy usually goes down after the first shot.

Edited by JdB

Sanct, heres something maybe interests.

Not a big problem, just i don't understand why happen this?

YT HD VIDEO LINK:

I've only had a quick look so far, and it's not really a bug, but it took me 3 to 4 chest shots with the FN FAL to bring down enemies each and every time, surely that's a bit excessive for a 7,62 :butbut:

Update: it only seems to happen when I hit one of my own guys, the enemy usually goes down after the first shot.

To make up for less than good AI the better the type of soldier the more armor it has except for the head so you gotta aim for the head to get kills.

Yes, the gameplay in WW4 is based on this concept :

-1 shot in the head whatever the soldier corps = dead

-WW4 body armors can take much more shots, overall in the fictional era of WW4, body armors are much stronger than LvIIIa current ones.

-Some corps have better body armor, and some even have state of the art ones.

This is because at first i wanted longer firefights without having to use inaccurate ammo (that are frustrating for the player as your bullets would then never land where you aim) , having better armor allows this without having you or the AI spending hours at shooting something without being able to hit it.

Additionally, it allowed me to work around the sometime frankly stupid AI "just drop prone in the middle of nowhere" tactic that usually make the AI dead by dozen against a human player.

This gives a better sense of the level of danger from some corps as it should be to reflect their superior equipment, training, and tactics (that the AI is unable to reflect ingame).

With this system, you will really have a big problem when you have a small band of insurgent and are under attack from some special force troops.

Sanct, heres something maybe interests.

Not a big problem, just i don't understand why happen this?

YT HD VIDEO LINK:

Thank you, that's something i never noticed, and after watching i was able to reproduce this all the time.

I'll test if it happens with more launchers and i'll get this fixed for the patch.

EDIT : i fixed it, it happened for the javelin/vympel/smaw , i had a magazine model that i didn't checked, i'll put back the default OFP mag model to avoid problems.

Edited by Sanctuary

Would it be possible to change the Hummers' engine sound to the same of the FAVs'? I think the same sound would fit with the Hummers too and it sounds more real.

I also noticed that the MGs on the new cars use the vanilla M2 MGs, despite the WW4 armor having their own custom ones. It would be nice if the cars could have the same MGs as the armor too for the sake of standardization.

Wooo!

I've been lurking around waiting for this release! Thank you sooooo much for your hard work on this project.

I love the new mission editor sizing and I especially love the implementation of an AI friendly javelin!

I will keep an eye out for bugs and will report them here if I find any.

The new sizing , that allows bigger drop down menus so you don't have to scroll to select an item considering the lists are long in ww4 is the excellent work of Faguss.

Mentionning that, be sure to give a look the ressource.cpp , you'll notice you can edit a few line to get things more updated to your monitor aspect ratio.

Refer to Faguss website , in his Stuff section the readme of his OFP Aspect Ratio work for more explanation.

Would it be possible to change the Hummers' engine sound to the same of the FAVs'? I think the same sound would fit with the Hummers too and it sounds more real.

I also noticed that the MGs on the new cars use the vanilla M2 MGs, despite the WW4 armor having their own custom ones. It would be nice if the cars could have the same MGs as the armor too for the sake of standardization.

For the different weapon, the explanation is that for the armored vehicles, i tweaked the grenade launcher and machinegun range values so the armor AI will favour the grenade launcher at some range and will value the machinegun more at other kind of range.

I'm not sure giving the same weapon used in the armors to the cars would not give a hard time to the AI gunners in the cars.

Will have to test before making the change, hopefully i worry for nothing but with the OFP AI, well ... you know.

For the engine sound, that's good idea , i didn't like much the hummers engine sound.

edit : Identified a serious bug, crashing the game with the AKABPSO (weapon used by east ww4 recon marksmen), because it had a firemode that was very wrong in its the configuration.

That's fixed now

Edited by Sanctuary

Tested for a while, and it seems to work as intended, so here it is :

WW4 2.5 Patch 1

-fixed : WW4 West Recon troops have their complete wound texture now

-fixed : the turret of the WW4 West HMMWV in 1st person view is now turning correctly

-fixed : the East WW4 Armor BTR999 floats a bit higher on water to prevent nearly invincibility against missiles

-fixed : the strange bug that made the M202A1 flash launcher to crash when firing for some people

-added : a rocket launcher version of the M202A1 (West -> Men -> Flash Grenadier 2 )

-fixed : the Javelin/Vympel/SMAW left a wrong model for when you put down a missile, went back to default OFP model

-fixed : the AN-94+PSO had a very badly defined firemode that was crashing the game when switching to it.

-modified : increased every bullets damage by 0.5, it's a subtle change so the impact is not too much on the WW4 type of gameplay i want, but it allows some more balancing with the armor system.

-added : Ammo crates for West, East and Everon weapons, available in Empty -> WW4 Ammo

-modified : WW4 Cars use now the same machinegun as the WW4 Armors

-fixed : wrong unitinfotype for the WW4 BRDM that was not displaying the ammo count

Downloads can be found in the 1st post of this thread.

Readme included for instructions.

Hopefully it's now fully bug free.

Wow! Been away for a while and already four pages and patch!

I don't know if it was already mentioned, but when firing Vympel, Javelin or SMAW, sometimes rocket gets off-course, exploding in the middle of nowhere. Thing is, that this bug occurs randomly - in most cases rocket flies straight to target.

Regarding M202 flash launcher:

I'm not getting any bugs with it - will it cause problems in MP if I'd stay with older version (provided in 2.5 without patch)?

And regarding pilot's vest:

I also noticed that Everon and West army crewmen and pilots have different vests than the other units of the same factions.
-bug 2 : that's not a bug, i just re-used an existing texture (already used by the BIS replacement pilots and crew that featured body armor and crew/pilot headgear parts) to avoid having to create a whole new texture and have it loaded in memory in the same time as a texture that will already be in memory.

Well, there is a texture, which is identical (in terms of camouflage) to WW4 Army units, but have webbing from WW4 '80s units - wemer1.pac

I'm using it in my Banana Republic soldiers, so you can check it in-game if it's something you'd like to see. At least, this texture was in 2.1 version, haven't checked with 2.5 yet.

Oh! And love the FAV, it's so Cadillac'ish :)

Didn't noticed i had that texture, that's the problem when you have "development folders" everywhere, i lose sometime track of some files ;)

For the javelin/vympel, that's strange as there's no scripts that are attached to it and could fail, it's the engine missile behaviour

Javelin and Vympel have missiles you can control by moving your launcher around, maybe that's the problem ?

For the SMAW i don't see how it's possible, it behave exactly as the BIS LAW.

For the M202A1, it can provide problems in MP if you use the old PBO and the server/other player use the updated one.

And you really want the update anyways, because if a mission use the rocket launcher version of the M202A1 (as the updated version has both a rifle and launcher version of the weapon) and you have only the rifle version from the old file, you're going to crash.

Didn't noticed i had that texture, that's the problem when you have "development folders" everywhere, i lose sometime track of some files ;)

Well, combining this texture with Army BDU, can give us nicer '80s replacement, don't you think? ;)

Javelin and Vympel have missiles you can control by moving your launcher around, maybe that's the problem?

Really?! :eek: I don't know about it - that may be the case. (And I had no idea that you can achieve this in OFP, surprise, surprise!)

A little idea I came upon while playing: don't you think that HMMWV, BRDM and FAV should have crew made from Spec Ops, or Recon soldiers? Especially FAV looks more like 'car for special purposes' than 'armed vehicle for army'. I'm in love with that car ;)

Yes, controllable missile is an OFP feature, the BIS Carl Gustav use it by example, you can define how much missiles can be controlled in config too, or just disable completely missile control (like for LAW/RPG)

The vehicles crew are just using the supposedly most numerous corps for convenience as i didn't wanted to assign them to a specific corps.

But in a mission, you can simply use any troop as the driver/gunner if you want with the moveindriver/moveingunner commands.

Great job Sanc!!!!

I re-posted your your post here on my site as well. Here is a pic:

ww425ad.jpg

Anyways again great job and thanks for the update. looking forward to many games playing it!!!!.

Great job Sanc!!!!

I re-posted your your post here on my site as well.

Anyways again great job and thanks for the update. looking forward to many games playing it!!!!.

maybe u can use my shot too :)

http://i52.tinypic.com/66jl6s.jpg

btw. wheres ur site adress?

Yes, controllable missile is an OFP feature, the BIS Carl Gustav use it by example

Funny, I play this game since 2006 and never noticed :p I was always using target lock in CG...

One bug spotted: FN FAL with optics uses mysteriously WLM 30rd magazine instead 7.62x51 20rd - as I remember it was OK in 2.1.

maybe u can use my shot too :)

http://i52.tinypic.com/66jl6s.jpg

btw. wheres ur site adress?

Free Radicalz

it's dedicated to everything gaming wise... that is FREE. So if your a cheapskate like me.. lol you will enjoy it. If You have something for me to add let me know I am always looking for stuff and will give you the full credit for finding it. I am always updating it and I have more stuff to add than time to do it so if you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't being added lol. Also updated the post to include the WW4 Banner that is in Santuary's sig and added screenshot by Incubus.

www4incubus.jpg

newww4post.jpg

Edited by njmatrix

thanks guys for the screenshots

Funny, I play this game since 2006 and never noticed :p I was always using target lock in CG...

One bug spotted: FN FAL with optics uses mysteriously WLM 30rd magazine instead 7.62x51 20rd - as I remember it was OK in 2.1.

Not a bug, it's a workaround for an OFP problem, and no it was not OK in 2.1 :

In OFP range used by the AI are defined in the ammo.

The problem is that the Everon army marksman weapon (the FNFAL + Optics ) use logically the same ammo as the FN FAL.

But the point of having the FN FAL + Optics is that it should allow the marksman to shoot from a longer distance with some more chance to hit than with the "naked" FN FAL.

But by using the same exact ammo, it can't, the AI will use it the same as the naked rifle, meaning that the AI Marksman is not able to take advantage of the optics to get more chances to hit.

That's how it was in 2.1, the AI Marksman was not as dangerous as it should have been, it was just the same as a Rifleman with a different name and a visually different weapon.

I solved this problem by allowing 2 magazines to be used, the one the FNFAL is using, and a new one ( WLM 30rd magazine ) that will allow the AI to be more dangerous at range with this weapon.

In the hand of the player, there's no difference, but in the hand of the AI, this change is really mattering.

The 30 rounds instead of 20 was just me being too lazy to make a 20 rounds of this "special" magazine :) at least it gives 10 more chances to the AI to land a hit between the player eyes ;)

I forgot to mention that i added a new key combination.

When you are prone, press TURBO + MOVE BACKWARD , it will allow you to elevate your aiming.

That's great to aim over a slope, a roof border etc... without needing to get back to the crouch stance.

added to the 1st post

Edited by Sanctuary

thanks guys for the screenshots

I forgot to mention that i added a new key combination.

When you are prone, press TURBO + MOVE BACKWARD , it will allow you to elevate your aiming.

That's great to aim over a slope, a roof border etc... without needing to get back to the crouch stance.

added to the 1st post

That is awesome! :yay:

Got a question: Have you considered expanding the number of grenades that grenadiers carry? It just seems that 6 or so grenades isnt enough. Grenadiers essentially run out of grenades too quickly and then become standard old riflemen.

Just a thought :)

As you mention grenades, it made me remember that i forgot to mention it.

I have added 2 grenade vests for the 2 kind of grenades launched by GL weapons that you can use for your grenadiers instead of using single grenades.

Each vest carry 15 grenades, the classnames to add them in crates or in addmagazines are

WW4_M433Vest

and

WW4_VOG25Vest

Would it be possible to make the AI target helicopters with the light anti-tank weapons in the next versions?