Sign in to follow this  
Challenger3

SA80

It would be good if an SA80 were released then I could redo my campaign with them, also why is the G36 and Steyr Aug's sights set to X1 rather than X2 or X4? This seems more than a little odd!

Yeah, I wanna see SA80!!! Loads of games use the M16 (don't get me wrong, I like it very much), but lets see some others.

Certainly useful for my campaign. Good scope on it .... but as it is the 1985 version it has to jam about every 20 rounds (caution: made-up statistic). So bring a spare!

--

Currently reading - The Crow Road - Iain Banks

Currently listening - Is That It - The Strokes

1: all engage at will

3(player): sir my rifle is jamming , i can't fire

*loads clip*

6: "6 out of ammo"

1: "6 reload!"

6: "let me find it - it fell out!"

A cadet friend of mine with an SA80GP... wink.gif

1: 2,3,4 attack soldier 2 o'clock

2: Roger

3: Roger

4(player): Cannot fire! Gun's...melted!

1: Oh no...4 is down.

Don't get me wrong, good gun now!

1: 2,3,4 attack soldier 2 o'clock

2: Roger

3: Roger

4(player): Cannot fire! Gun's...melted!

1: Oh no...4 is down.

Don't get me wrong, good gun now!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Challenger3 on 9:37 pm on Nov. 19, 2001

It would be good if an SA80 were released then I could redo my campaign with them, also why is the G36 and Steyr Aug's sights set to X1 rather than X2 or X4? This seems more than a little odd!

<span id='postcolor'>

The G36 scopes is not 1x, although it is of fixed magnification. I don't recall how the Steyr is set up, I only tried it once and didn't like it.

Now now boys don't be too harsh, the L85A2 doesn't jam for years and is more reliable than the M16A2, and if all else fails you can throw the SUSAT off the ground and burn and blind everyone with tritrium gas, what would be really fun is if the CLAW came out with it as well so you could pretend you've got 203's

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from ACT SMILEY on 10:17 pm on Nov. 20, 2001

A cadet friend of mine with an SA80GP... wink.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

I have as well, its something like the L98 Cadet GP Rifle to give it its full name. Great fun, had a 5.56 round fly out at me when i tried to sort out a jam. (even the single shot ones dont work, and they still haven't been modified, so more problems for us.

Once had a problem that the setting for the sight had worked loose, and I was firing about 5 yards to the left of the target. Good old British weapons eh?

Not bad if u have the modified versions though :-)

im gonna say something RAN is gonna like. The FAMAS should be added if ur gonna add G-36 and steyr AUG. And the SA80 too. Lets just add all nato countries their rifles so we could for once get rid of these boring and repetative posts. Good idea?

G36 is 3x(in real life)

YEAH SO!?!?! if the M16a2 jams, you can throw it at the ground and poke someone's eye out with the spring when it pops out! tounge.gif heheh, na the M16a2 is pretty reliable, just would not call it the greatest. Also i wish they hadn't added the G36 or the AUG, it was just a waste, they should have added an L85 and a british GPMG

SA-80 isnt much good,or so i've heard.Steyr is pretty good (ive fired it),but its accuracy isnt the best.

i say give FN-FAL's to the resistance.

ive used that,and in my opinion it beats the Steyr hands down.older,heavier and longer,and more difficult to carry around,but its deadly accurate.

and its used by gurellias worldwide,so it wouldnt be un-realistic to add it.

For all your infomation the SA-80 was modified 6 months ago and I have a friend in the army and he says that the SA-80 has changed drastically since it was taken away and that it has only jammed 3 times since he had it back and that was 3 months bloody months ago so there!

(Edited by Captain Kickass at 9:35 pm on Dec. 5, 2001)

err, yeah. And OFP is set in 1985. So we'd have a version from '85. Which means ok but with crap reliability and and someone would make a mod for the A2 making the best gun in the game smile.gif

This is the SA80 in combat:

Fire 1 shot

Stoppage

Forward assist (it's suddenly clogged with dirt, even though you're in a hospital)

1 shot

Stoppage

F.a.

1 shot

Stoppage

Cock, hook and lock

Ease springs, forward assist

Aim, fire

1 shot

stoppage

Set gas to e

1 shot

stoppage

cock, ease springs, forward assist

1 shot

gun explodes

L85A2 has more parts, it works better on the ranges, but combat? Safety off is far too loud. Eagerly awaiting the A3, that's when the AR-15 came of age.

smile.gif the .22 conversion of the sa80 are great fun though and you can poke someones eye out with the springs on that too, just pull out the little bolts and swing the back open and wheeeee...

LOL....

Seriously though, I don't remember it being that bad...

As long as you kept it clean and dry, lightly oiled, cleaned out the gas vent every 100 rounds or so, and kept the magazines clean and well oiled it was fairly reliable...

Under the above conditions you could often fire 2 or even 3 full mags without a stoppage......(as long as you didn't fire to rapidly and overheat it of course..)

There's a similar thread in the General forum its getting all misty eyed about the old SLR...

Oh and Killer Bee...you forgot the bit where you hit the deck and it falls to bits.

Enfield, who were a nationalised company at least when they began developing the gun, so no wonder it was such a pile of poop after spending over a billion pounds over twenty years or so. How can you possibly spend a billion pounds and take over a decade to develop an assault rifle that's basically an AR-18 in a plastic wrapper?

"How can you possibly spend a billion pounds and take over a decade to develop an assault rifle that's basically an AR-18 in a plastic wrapper?"

Answer: Quite easily, when your supposed to be working, take the money and go down the pub:)

i actually do that with my government study allowance:)