Sign in to follow this  
lukestephens

Whats the cheapest computer i can buy to play arma 2 smoothly?

Replace the videocard with something like 560Ti or better and HDD with something that has at least 7200rpm and you are set to go on high

Replace the videocard with something like 560Ti or better and HDD with something that has at least 7200rpm and you are set to go on high

Will a NVIDIA GeForce 3GB GT 545 not run it even on medium ?

To be fair I'am hater of prebuilded PC's and there is nothing like build PC yourself.

Imo the decision doesn't ( or shouldn't) end at what CPU, RAM etc the bundle has, things like quality powersupply, low LAT RAM etc are the factors that i would like to be fully aware off.

Also it is not always possible to upgrade some components in bundles from big companies.

If you, or your friend can build custom one (PC) i wouldn't bother with prebuild PC.

Thats however my opinion and may differ :)

I was unable to find GPU nor HDD details so i refrain from commenting on above build.

Personally, i would go for i5 2500K though, its more than capable processor even for arma and got maybe SLI instead.

Heck, if you going to consider custom build i will gladly help you to do any research or recommend parts for it;)

(its simply fun)