Sign in to follow this  
CapitanStratos

Basic mission editor tutorial?

I tried to search a basic tutorial for ArmA2 esitor that can tell me how to do basic things like making the mission ends when I'm back to base after a patrol (or I die), how to add a C4 charge into a soldier...

You know things basic but more complex than adding waypoints. All I found was or really basic like waypoints, unit placement or pretty advanced like advanced scripts. Something that shows you how to enjoy the mission editor will be nice!

You can try doing a google search for Mr. Murray's Armed Assault (or ArmA) Editing Guide. That covers quite a bit.

Put

this addmagazine "pipebomb"

into a soldier's init/Initialization field and that will give him a satchel charge if he has enough room for it in his inventory. Then again you said C4 so maybe you're playing with a mod and if so then I don't know the name of it.

Thanks. Unfortunately I can't find the way to link the killing of a unit/ammo cache with a trigger. For example we found a ammo cache called "ammo" we destroy them, and we get a trigger saying "mission acomplished". A list with all those small things will be a great thing to have.

Don't call it "ammo", that's a command word. Call it something like obj_ammo or ammo_cache. Then place a trigger with this as it's condition:

!alive ammo_cache

And this as it's onAct:

taskhint ["Task Succeeded!\nThe ammo cache was destroyed!", [0.600000,0.839215,0.466666,1], "taskDone"];

That's actually part of one of the demos on my website and also included in the Bible link above, mostly.