Sign in to follow this  
oldbear

[ADO] Tigeria : Island, Units & Vehicles

Not at the moment, sorry !

In order to get Alice working on the map I believe I must :

- Work on island .cfg in order to ad the needed items. Well I believe so, because I don't clearly understand how Alice2 works and what are the exact needs for the module to work on map.

- Find a nice "Tigerian civilians" addon that fit the map atmosphere.

Working on the map config is something I can do, but building up a civilian addon is out of my reach. Of course, I can use Icebreakr African civilians, but I wish to get a specific "Tigerian civilians" addon. I must add that in my mind people on Tigeria are speaking Spanish and French ... so I am not satisfied with the idea of using Chernarus or Takistanis civilians.

Edited by Old Bear

Old Bear - us, mapmakers should stick together like a superglue ;) I can help you with civilians. Easiest way would be to update changable textures to a A1 civilian, so we can make different shirts for Tigeria, Isla Duala, Lingor etc. Is there a tutorial on how to make texture changable via config only?

Thanks for the reply , it would look good to have some Civi's walking around and driving as that would add to the atmosphere

BTW love the map a lot !

I must admit I am a bit slow ATM ... I am always too slow but now, more than ever, still dealing with some health issues.

I do want to have civilians on Tigeria, but I want them :

- looking Tigerians, I mean not looking Chernarussians or Takistanis. I agree that Civilians from Arma can fit well for a start.

- speaking as Tigerian. As I have previously said "people on Tigeria are speaking Spanish and French" ... and I don't mind if some of them are speaking English ...

From my point of view this part -the language one- is the difficult part and I don't know how to deal with it or ... find a way around :(

I must admit I am a bit slow ATM ... I am always too slow but now, more than ever, still dealing with some health issues.

I hope it is nothing serious my friend - get well soon - we need the Old Bear happy, healthy and creating beautiful maps.

Thanks for the reply , it would look good to have some Civi's walking around and driving as that would add to the atmosphere

BTW love the map a lot !

I tried forcing ALICE to spawn civs on Tigeria by manually adding city centres as per Clayman's excellent post http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1625271&postcount=25

This works, but the civs are all takistanis, which look "slightly" out of place on a tropical island. Does anyone know how to force ALICE to use different civs? If I could force it to use Icebreakr's Lingor civs, that would go some way towards what Old Bear is trying to achieve.

Not at the moment, sorry !

In order to get Alice working on the map I believe I must :

- Work on island .cfg in order to ad the needed items. Well I believe so, because I don't clearly understand how Alice2 works and what are the exact needs for the module to work on map.

- Find a nice "Tigerian civilians" addon that fit the map atmosphere.

Working on the map config is something I can do, but building up a civilian addon is out of my reach. Of course, I can use Icebreakr African civilians, but I wish to get a specific "Tigerian civilians" addon. I must add that in my mind people on Tigeria are speaking Spanish and French ... so I am not satisfied with the idea of using Chernarus or Takistanis civilians.

I found this thread: How to: Keypoints to be helpful on my last island. It is about the keypoints feature and how to set it up for warfare and alice.

Ok, thanks :cool:

I will add -even if I don't want to bother our friends here with the tech niceties we, Visitor3 whorshipers, are fond of- that Tupolov has added a useful tool you can find here : How to use MSO to set up Keypoints

My main problem is about "Demography" and langage spoken.

Edited by Old Bear

Whoops sorry mate ! I am an old dumb annimal ... slap, slap

Working now ...so I believe. It need to for in this thread there is an invaluable link to your site :cool:

Back on Tigeria !

Here is the latest port of a Warfare BE on Tigeria. Gutm@sher has sent me this one just before he went for surgery some days ago.

DOWNLOAD : Warfare BE v2 070Lite CO Tigeria

Note that config_structures has been modified by adding "Hedgehog" as an option for the depot object to use existing buildings where appropriate so you will find a mix of hedgehog and the standard warfare depot. I only do combined ops ports so that is the only portion of config_structures that’s changed. This and an additional hangar object that fits inside existing hangars will be the norm for all of my ports in the future.

I hope that Gutm@sher is going to be better and back in a few months. "Hauts les coeurs" !

Edited by Old Bear

[ADO] Tigeria v0.97, [ADO] Tigeria Special Edition v0.97 updates

Tigeria v0.97 Changelog :

- Modified electric grid : electric poles amount downsized, power plant added on Laguna site.

- Tigeria town extended : buildings and gardens added.

- Added Mont-Joie ruined village

- Corrected placement for many buildings and objects.

Tigeria Special Edition v0.97beta Changelog :

- Number of trees and bushes diminished from 1 million to 500 000.

Note : This version has been built at my team mate [ADO] Drooper request. It features "normal" clutters size and density and high density tropical forest.

Let hope this version can be more playable than the previous one :cool:

DOWNLOAD : [ADO] Tigeria [CO](v 0.97 beta) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=islands&id=168

DOWNLOAD : [ADO] Tigeria Special Edition [CO](v 0.97 beta) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=islands&id=175

As a present for the new year, here is OV10-Bronco for Armée de l'Air Tigérianne.This aircraft addon has been updated for Tigeria by CheyenneAH56 for [ADO] Tigeria.

DOWNLOAD : OV10-Bronco - Tigeria : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1892

Nice seeing the OV-10. Is there any chance that the cockpit will be fleshed out? Right now it doesn't have any of the primary flight instruments, nor a working hud. The only weapon with a reticule is the 25mm cannon (The aircraft IRL had a 20mm cannon pod).

OV-10!! Aah, flashbacks to the Taiwanese mod from opf

@ekempey : Arma2 is missing low flying COIN aircraft, so I had asked CheyenneAH56 if he can port his Arma plane to Arma2, he has done so and give it to us ... as it's a gift, I will say I am happy with it !

Of course there are some issues with the plane, such as those you are speaking of and other such as the propeller movement ... but as I do like having it on Tigeria, I enjoy flying it as it is ...

Grub: there was Bronco in A1, too. We've been using it on Barbuda.

Basically this Bronco is the one you can find in Arma1, before asking CheyenneAH56 I have flown the Arma1 plane on Tigeria..., the plane was quite overpovered but was flying well. The main problem was that the front window was opaque :eek:

You can test it yourself : OV-10 Bronco (v 1.0) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=addons&id=786

Edited by Old Bear

I unpacked the file and there is some nice textures in there.

Preview of things to come? :-D.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Try placing an empty one.

I did get a bad vehicle type error when selecting it under independent. I suspect it requires Tigeria pilots, which i hadn't loaded up

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/Blackfox34/ArmA2OA2012-01-1219-36-46-01.png >100kb!

Edited by Foxhound

Old Bear, I've tried out both new versions and have to say that the special edition is actually really really good. It feels far more "tropical" and more densely vegetated, even though you have less trees on it. Thanks very much for Tigeria, it's an awesome piece of work.

I unpacked the file and there is some nice textures in there.

Preview of things to come? :-D.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Try placing an empty one.

I did get a bad vehicle type error when selecting it under independent. I suspect it requires Tigeria pilots, which i hadn't loaded up

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

yeah been down that road already,,

Error reads as follows:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles Classes.TIG_Air_Vehicles'.

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

tried everything i know besides rewriting stuff to make it work dunno, it seems it works for others tho, is this an arma mod?

Hi all

I placed the add-on in a mod folder but i cannot see the Bronco in any menu,

What do I need to do to fly the plane>

Pen

Let's remember that the OV-10 Bronco - Tigeria is set to be a part of Armée de l'Air Tigérianne on Tigeria :cool:.

So if you try to place it -full- on the map without having the Armée Tigérianne units, you will get an error about a config class missing in the editor you will get a blank line for the missing Armée de l'Air Tigérianne corresponding units.

If you try to set it empty, you must look for a blank line ....

Let's remember that the OV-10 Bronco - Tigeria is set to be a part of Armée de l'Air Tigérianne. So if you try to place it -full- on the map without having the Armée Tigérianne units, you will get an error about a config class missing in the editor you will get a blank line for the missing Armée de l'Air Tigérianne corresponding units.

If you try to set it empty, you must look for a blank line ....

What about fixing the requiredAddons[] section of the addon?